Loyalty Points Article and Checker Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• brierleyparker
    Options
    :beer: I use my Tesco vouchers for anything other than my shopping. We have had nights in 4* hotels, paid our English Heritage Membership, had days out and paid for ferry fares. BUT DID YOU KNOW IF YOU DON'T USE ALL OF YOUR DEALS VOUCHERS YOU CAN EXCHANGE THEM BACK FOR THE NORMAL TESCO VOUCHERS. THEN YOU CAN SAVE THEM UP FOR FOR MORE DEALS VOUCHERS. Because the deals vouchers have to be used for the deals specified there is no need to miss out on points or money Just send them back with your details and you will be credited with the points on your next statement.
  • Lodgey_2
    Options
    I've been with my TSB Visa Trustcard for years, and unbeknown to me have been amassing loyalty points. TSB have closed the contract with Visa and moved to American Express. They've told me that I have to redeem my points by December or lose them. Catch - I can't use the points to but goods from a brochure. Instead they will send me vouchers to spend in selected stores + 10%. So if I want to spend £500 in John Lewis TSB will send me £550 vouchers. Fine, but that means I have to spend £500 in the first place. Can anyone see a way of me swopping the points for cash in an easier way (hope this all makes sense).
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sell on ebay?
  • viclaw
    viclaw Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post so I am not sure if I am on the right track!

I am looking for annual family travel insurance that will cover tesco clubcard vouchers, I know tesco cover it but I wanted to compare their costs with others. I have phoned a couple of insurers and they don't cover voucher schemes, can anyone help?
  • mau408
    mau408 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wouldn't it be grand if someone could devise a system whereby you could log in at one station and check all the points on all your loyalty cards at once without having to look up your username and password for each account. e.g. Pigsback, Quidco and Nectar. (A bit like the egg bank account and transfer money scheme)

Has this already been done? Please can someone let me know.

No replies so does that mean it hasn't? MMMMMMMMAAAAARRRRTTTTTIIIIIIINNNNNN
  • norbert_colon_2
    Options
    I pass both Morrissons and BP.Does anybody know when they are the same pump price which one gives the best return on loyalty points? The potential £5 voucher or nectar points.
  • TrooperUK
    Options
    Probably already mentioned but...

On www.boots.com
    To check how many points you have on your Advantage Card, you must register with boots.com.
    Once registered, to see your points balance online, sign into My Account (found at the top of every page). Then simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Show my points" button.

We're sorry, but points cannot be spent on www.boots.com.

Why won't Boots accept their own card?
  • gloryer
    gloryer Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I understand that this card replaces the airmile project!
    The more you use the new credit card the more % interest you get on your savings account. I have just got mine so will see how much I can get.
  • Deals_2
    Deals_2 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Options
    any thoughts? should i keep saving? we have a toddler so like to try and use it to do bits with her. we are based in middlesex and i already have the merlin pass through tesco vouchers.
  • KTM_Gordo
    KTM_Gordo Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    mau408 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be grand if someone could devise a system whereby you could log in at one station and check all the points on all your loyalty cards at once without having to look up your username and password for each account. e.g. Pigsback, Quidco and Nectar. (A bit like the egg bank account and transfer money scheme)

Has this already been done? Please can someone let me know.

If you go to First Direct's web site and sign up for Internet Banking Plus, their account aggregation tool (you don't need to be a FD customer), and you can add services to your profile, including Nectar, Tesco Clubcard and Airmiles.

You can also add other things like some utility bills, frequent flyer schemes etc. as well as your bank account and credit card accounts.

HTH :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport