Be Fab for Feb - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Does anyone have a good fish pie recipe? I was thinking of trying the one on the SW website with yoghurt and Quark (sorry Newbie so can't post links) but if there's a tries and tested recipe out there will go for that!
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening, unfortunately work keeps getting in my way of life and internet time so i'm sorry I've not been keeping up to date with you all :( hoping that's it for long hours until next month. Didn't manage to get to class this week so it's a non-weigh in for the challenge.

I have picked up everyone's targets and it's so nice to see so many new people joining us. :wave:

Sorry for your loss GTS.

We've just finished watching Celebrity Fat Club, what a silly programme. They were only fed 400 calories each day for 5 days. I understand it works but it will encourage people to go an a VLCD without medical supervision as people are very influenced by what they see on the tv!

Meal plan for today, then i'm off to bed to catch up on some much needed sleep..

Old style red day for me (2 heas and hebs)
    B - apple, yogurt
    L - Weetabix (heb) milk (hea) sweetner
    T - BNS chips, squaffles, gammon, salad, pickles
    S - 2 eggs, popcorn (3) crisps (3.5) Malibu (2.5) alpen (heb) Milk/cheese (hea)

xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Hi, Mad with money.

Well done, Tete.

Oh I hope you pick up soon, beanie.

Old Lurker, this is the fish pie recipe I use. I got it fromhttp://www.giventodistractingothers.co.uk/2011/09/philadelphia-fish-pie.html
    We love it – and it is the easiest one I’ve come across. Sometimes I just slice potatoes fairly thinly and parboil/microwave before layering them on top of the fish mix, as a change from mash.

Philadelphia Fish Pie
    Serves 4

500g potatoes
    Frylight
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 handful of fresh parsley
    1 large garlic clove crushed
    200g smoked fish or any fish mix you like
    200g cooked prawns I used raw so I could reheat later.
    213g Light Philadelphia (3 Hexa)
    28g low fat cheddar cheese, finely grated (1 hexa) Or Parmesan as I forgot to buy cheese

Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soft. Mash
    Heat Frylight in a large non stick frying pan.
    Add the onion soften, then add parsley and garlic and cook gently
    Add the smoked fish to the frying pan and heat until the fish is just cooked through. Add the Philadelphia and prawns, stir over the heat until the Philly has melted and heated.
    Add Quark or fromage frais if you want more sauce
    Season to taste.
    Add the fish mixture to an ovenproof dish.
    Cover with mash
    Sprinkle with grated cheese cook at 200 for 20 mins or under a hot grill.

So, today …
    Breakfast: hexb toast, boiled eggs
    Lunch (out again!): pork fillet with bacon & apple, roasted winter veg, mash with black pudding (bound to be syns for butter and black pudding in mash and oil to cook veg); NO starter or cake or pudding
    Snack: toffee butterkist (5)
    Dinner: f&f soup, orange sf jelly ( ½ )
    Snack: snack size Crunchie (6), hexa cheese & grapes
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • maman wrote: »
    TMI!:eek::D]

Lol! :rotfl:

So ended yesterday on 12.5 syns and went to Clubbercise so got in some exercise too.:j

Today's plan:
    B - baked mushroom with red onion, tomatoes and scrambled egg (inspired by someone on here so thankyou.)
    L - Jacket potato with laughing cow extra light and a huge salad
    D - Gammon, hm wedges and runner beans

Have a good day everyone!
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Good morning, here is my menu for today Saturday...

Breakfast. Bran flakes A/B raspberries.

Lunch... bacon egg beans toast 6 Syns clementine x 2

Dinner... meat balls Spaghetti n' sauce ( bought sauce ) ??? Salad.

Extra. 2 crispbread 2 Syns.
    8 Syns plus sauce Syns
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

Hope you are all well. I am rejoining SW with a vengence this year. I am absolutely determined to lose the excess weight and to achieve my target weight.

I weighed in on Tuesday and was happy that I had only put on 5lbs over the three weeks of christmas. I have been good in sticking to it so far but the weekends tend to be my downfall.

So for the challenge I am wanting to lose 14lb
  • Hi all - just popping in after WI - the class was HEAVING today...maybe 4 times as many as were in the class in December...hope everyone sticks at it :)

So today I had a STS wgich I'm happy enough with as we ate out twice last week - and even though you try to make good choices you really don't know entirely what goes into the food they cook. Aiming for a good loss next week as I have a tendency to go like this - I had 1.5 lb off last week so happy enough maintaing that.

Have a good weekend all
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    :o I thought I posted this yesterday but obviously I imagined it!

I weighed in on thursday and lost the obliatory -0.5lbs always seems to be the way when I have a "perfect" plan week. Keeping the faith and I know from experience next week it will catch up..... if i can keep to plan!

Yesterday:

Grabbed a banana before the school run
    B/L heB bread with 1/2 tin of beans and heA cheese
    D sweet and sour chicken (sw recipe) with noodles. I added extra veggies for speed and used some olive oil instead of fry light made it 3 syns a portion
    Punnet of raspberries

I had 4 cuppas through out the day so 3/4syns on milk too

Today was a late start. I've woken up with throbbing sinus pain and a thick head.

B/L heB bread with 1/2 tin of spagetti hoops, 1 poached egg, 2 large grilled tomatoes and a handful of sliced mushrooms cooked in 1 tsp olive oil (2 syns)

Dinner will be left over sweet and sour chicken with rice (3syns)

I have some frozen berries defrosting in some ff greek yoghurt for later.

He A will be milk for cups of tea and syns maybe a 2 finger kit (5.5) or it may just be the above 5.

Hoping my head clears so I can brave Aldi or i will have to go tomorrow.

Pork joint out the freezer defrosting for BBQ pulled pork tomorrow and monday.

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Reporting a loss of 2lb

I am really pleased with this as I last weighed myself on the 3rd. I can't regularly get to a group so I will follow the plan with the help of the kind people here. I have the pack from the last time I joined a group, plus most of the cook books.
    I will weigh in on Saturday am from now on.

Today I had cheese and crispbreads and salad with a bit of piccalilli for lunch - not entirely SW as I'm having my HEXA as milk in tea, but I am not going to waste food.

I am cooking the rich beef stew from the SW Meals for One cookbook - but in the slowcooker. I will have a portion later with potatoes and cabbage and there will be three more meals to freeze.
    Grocery challenge 2017 January £158.74/£200
    Grocery challenge February £100.91/£190
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Morning all,

Welcome back Maisie :wave:

Great loss summerlady and Mary, and well done for the STS GFB! :T

I've definitely caught up on my sleep today :T but missed breakfast so calories saved there! :rotfl: kitchen has been decluttered and scrubbed and meal plan done for the week so I feel a bit more organised.

Menu for today
    B - none
    L - egg wrap (0.5heb for flour) ham, chilli sauce (1), salad, apple
    T - chipotle chicken lasagne - chicken, peppers, onion, chipotle spice, passata, lasagne sheets, bisto cheese sauce (syns), salad, pickles
    S - alpen light (0.5heb) crisps (3)

Have a good day xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure