PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2015 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• MissOrganised1972
    Options
    Will catch up on the thread in a while, when I go to bed. In the meantime, please could I put down for £170 for April please?

I have had my first spend for April. £3 in Iceland & £38.85 in Tesco (Click & Collect). Hopefully got all the things I need for the next week. I will hopefully do some baking, for snacks, over the weekend, to keep the vultures at bay over the school holidays.

Good luck for April all :)
    2017 GC O-£93.46/£160; S-£136.26/£160; A-£130.55/£160; J-£47.12/£160;
    J-£106.63/£190; M-£70.29/£160; A-£197.88/£180; M-£219.35/£180; F-£294.14/£160; J-£168.67/£160
    2016 GC £2322.39/£2285; GC-2012-2015 - £9789.91/£7773!
    for 2 adults & 2 kids (13 & 11) for all food,toiletries,cleaners etc

• PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    I'll also be doing some baking over the hols!!

I've been starting to go through my pantry, and I have loads of different lentils and dried beans. Does anyone have any great recipes that they use? Up until now, I've really only used them in soups...
    Tia x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I use loads of beans but like you mainly in soups & casseroles. However there are a couple of things I like to make with them from the Jack Monroe site (https://www.agirlcalledjack.com): Mixed Bean Goulash and Carrot, cumin burgers.

Denise
  • skintmum2012
    Options
    http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/13/red-lentil-bolognese-21p/

I make this as a spag bowl one day and leftovers make a pizza for the kids tHe next day.
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

• skintmum2012
    Options
    Just got to say I love it how both posts have been for jack monroe that ladys a goddess in the kitchen I love the burgers as well and the dhal. when I sit down to food plan I always have both her recipe books with me. I am off the aldi today with the voucher. Is it sad I am so excited to see what the money off coupons are for this month been looking forward to it for weeks.
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6

• DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Hi lovlies,
    can you please put me down for £150 this month? Thank you.

That's for 2 adult and 2 kids. 1 child is on packed lunches and I take lunches to work. All meals are made from scratch bar the off emergency quiche or such (which should be made from scratch and frozen, but for now they are bought as I meet myself coming backwards some days!). Good luck. I'll be meal planning on Saturday for the coming week.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • MummyBobble
    MummyBobble Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Hello. Been missing for ages, I was seriously ill in hospital for two months (Dec and Jan) and my recovery is horribly slow. I'm due to drop to half pay and lose my working tax credits :eek: so I really need to get a grip on my spending. I can't drive at the moment or walk very far so am restricted pretty much to online shopping and the local shop (not cheap!). Luckily I have some very thoughtful friends who will pick up bits and pieces for me when they go shopping.

Please put me down for £200 for April. This is for myself, two bottomless pits (also known as teenagers) and two cats. At the moment my freezers (two small ones) and food cupboards are pretty well stocked, but I don't seem to have much to make proper meals. Luckily as the Easter holidays are coming up I'll be able to feed DD and DS will all sorts of combinations :D and hopefully this will make a difference to my spend.

I intend doing an inventory over the weekend and will meal plan for as many main meals as I can, plus breafkasts, lunches and snacks where possible (lots off baking stuff in so time to get on with it - DD and DS enjoy cooking so they can be in charge of cakes and biscuits).

I'm actually looking forward to joining you as I need to find things to focus on while I recover and need to make some drastic changes in spending habits!

Thanks, MB
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can I join in at £25 a week, I really need to get this down to around £15-20 a week,as I have officially retired and receive the state oap but I am carrying on working for a bit because I'm not sure how I'm going to manage. To tell you the truth I'm a bit scared about giving up work because of the money but I really want to but having worked in low paid jobs I haven't any private pension and what I'm getting seems so little. Anyway this is a start because I have to do it, I can't carry on working forever!!!!

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Munchkinsmum
    Options
    Hi! Can I join for £500 please. We have an extra 3 mouths to feed this month so 8 in total.

On another note, I swear I used to be on a thread/challenge where it was something to do with your purse, you had x amount to spend on groceries but then a bit in the purse to put aside in case you bought for next week? (Along those lines!) I can't remember what it was called!
  • skintmum2012
    Options
    140.23 well I went to aldi today and spent £52 today which includes dog food my dog was on lillys kitchen but we cant afford it and he seems to like aldi just as much so theres a cut there. Baby wipes for the month nappys so quite happy. then I spent 11 on easter eggs at sainsburys 203.23
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills