We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Restaurant Voucher/Deals: Report top spots

Options

Comments

• harkin_c
    harkin_c Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    OK so going for lunch or dinner at the Hilton in London isn't exactly money saving but while you're spending money on a nice lunch why not get something for free? I just got an email from the with the following offer:

"For the whole month of August Galvin at Windows will be offering all its guests the opportunity to play and win the weather lottery.

Every guest eating A La Carte for lunch or dinner will be offered complimentary champagne on a RAIN, GREY SKY or SUNSHINE basis.

- RAIN
    Galvin champagne 1 glass per person

- GREY SKY (or cloudy at night)
    Galvin champagne 2 glasses per person

- SUNSHINE (or clear sky at night)
    Galvin champagne 1 bottle for 2

*The terms "13 moons" comes from the number of moons in this calendar year. In France an "old wives" tale has it that it brings in rainy weather conditions throughout the year.

Conditions:
    - Reservation necessary quote "Galvin 13 MOONS"
    - A La Carte only and for the whole table
    - Weather conditions valid at the time of entering the restaurant.
    - Does not include Saturday dinner.
    - Offer not available in conjunction with other offers
    - 8 people maximum per booking"

Free bottle of champagne on a sunny day? Yes please! :beer:
    Phone bill saving £690, one poll £8.25, bview £20 amazon voucher and £10 threshers voucher, cycle to work scheme £240 (savings since 25th June on travel costs), valued opinions £4.75, Cashback rewards £28.64. Total £1001.64
  • Ms_Thrifty
    Ms_Thrifty Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I recently signed up for Giraffe after my partner and I had a very nice meal at the South Bank branch. However, I certainly didn't receive a voucher for any sort of discount/deal!
  • MSE_Deborah
    MSE_Deborah Posts: 134 MSE Staff
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Ms_Thrifty wrote: »
    I recently signed up for Giraffe after my partner and I had a very nice meal at the South Bank branch. However, I certainly didn't receive a voucher for any sort of discount/deal!

If you have already signed up please visit the Giraffe website, sign in and the next screen that should appear will say 'Exclusive Giraffe vouchers'. Choose which restaurant you would prefer, press submit and your printable voucher for that restaurant should appear.
    Hope this helps.

Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have already signed up please visit the Giraffe website, sign in and the next screen that should appear will say 'Exclusive Giraffe vouchers'. Choose which restaurant you would prefer, press submit and your printable voucher for that restaurant should appear.
    Hope this helps.

This site caused my browser (Firefox) to crash - twice.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • BurmanP
    BurmanP Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I've received an email today about the deal but it's only valid at the listed restaurants in Nottingham. I have a cornerhouse membership card which is why I got the email. I'm not quite sure if the cornerhouse card is necessary for the offers but it's free to sign up for the membership at http://www.cornerhouse.tv/CornerhouseCard.asp .
    Anyway, I thought some people might be interested because after all, the deal is for the quite nice places like Nandos and Revolution. The offer email is as below...........

The Evening Post has teamed up with The Cornerhouse to give readers the chance to enjoy a fantastic 2 for 1 offer at the following restaurants:
    • Nandos
    • Flaming Dragon
    • Revolution
    • Strada

To take advantage of this special 2 for 1 offer, simply collect any three of the six coupons printed in the Evening Post between Monday 4th August and Saturday 9th August 2008 and hand them in when placing your food order to any of the restaurants listed.
    Terms and conditions: Offer valid until Sunday 7th September 2008. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Usual NPG rules apply, see Post Classifieds for details. No photocopies accepted. None of these offers are valid over the Bank Holidays - management reserve the right to refuse vouchers over this period. Offer is valid at the participating restaurants listed above at The Cornerhouse, Burton Street, Nottingham only. Offer is valid on main courses only. Offer is not valid on set menus. Offer is limited to a maximum of four people per table (one voucher per two people). The cheapest meal is free. Individual restaurant terms and conditions apply as follows:
    Nandos: Valid on any combination meal from Monday to Thursday, 12pm to 7pm only.
    Flaming Dragon: Valid Monday to Thursday after 9pm only.
    Revolution: Valid on main meals only.
    Strada: Valid every day from 12pm until 11pm only.
  • kerrp
    Options
    We tried the 'beat the clock' promotion at Belgo Noord (Camden) , where you pay an amount equal to your time of arrival for one course.

As we imagine many would (this being Belgo), we opted for the moules frites and paid £5.40 each , our time of arrival being 5:40pm.

We were amazed to be served a STARTER portion (1/2kg) of moules and a bowl of frites so small you could count them. This is equivalent to £10.80 for a 1 kg portion of moules frites which is available any time on their regular menu for £12.50.

Indeed had we arrived at the last time available for this 'offer' at 7pm, we would presumably have paid the equivalent of £14 per kg , which is £1.50 MORE than the regular menu price.

We have since emailed Belgos to enquire in what sense we should consider the beat the clock promotion to be an 'offer' but have received no response.

This promotion seems close to misrepresentation.
  • gtmoon
    gtmoon Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    from HUKD Plate_Smasher

Wagamama's 2for1 main meal

week_3.jpg

login to member area and go to:
    http://www.wagamama.com/compsummer2008/thewheel/
  • PapaSmurf
    Options
    Just followed your link through to Giraffe having eaten there last week (should check here more often!). So registered today, had to re-log in to see the voucher offer, but the 2 for 1 isn't available at all restaurants. Several have no offer, my local (Guildford) has just a free starter if you buy wine. Reading more on their site suggests these offers are on rotation but thought this worth mentioning.
  • The_BML
    Options
    The Wagamama 2 for 1 offer doesn't seem to be there any more. I signed up for the newsletter and received nothing about a voucher - can anyone tell me where I find it?
  • MartinP40
    Options
    Just received Slugmail offering a bottle of Pinot Grigio for £9.75 giving a saving of up to £8.50.
    Hope that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family