Options
1207208209210211213»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 December 2010 at 7:46PM
    Options
    I just bought a tonne of wood pellets for the stove and tbh it is so comforting to have enough fuel in for the winter and beyond. The stove heats the hot water, well it tops up from the solar panels if we have a sunny day or from scratch if not and it heats the house. I have the thermostat on the stove set to 20 and that is fine as the house is super insulated. Electricity for 5 1/2 months is £129 so far and rating on imeasure is A+. Two retired adults and at home all day every day.
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi :hello:

I thought I'd pop onto MSE and see how you are getting on. We have been soooooo bad I can't tell you. The winter started soooooo cold that we have just had the heating on almost constantly! We all got ill in the new year and everyones only just getting better so that's another reason we've been bad.

How's everyone else been getting on?

:snow_laug

smf2
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    am I the only one who looks forward to mondays and entering readings into imeasure?
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    am I the only one who looks forward to mondays and entering readings into imeasure?

No you're not alone Kittie, play a guessing game with myself as to what it be, I'm getting quite good at it too:D.....reminds self to get out more or get a life as DD would put it :o
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :hello:

We're still not doing so well I don't think. Just when I thought it was going to warm up, it got all cold again!

Still it is at least February now and I can start thinking about line drying very soon. tenerife-forum-washing-line-smiley.gif

smf2
  • 1463emma
    Options
    Hi, has this thread moved or just not been used for a while?, all very interesting and inspiring!
    100 day challenge (no takeouts) (start 1st jan 12) 1/100
    Frugal Living Challenge 2012 0 / 11,700 Grocery Challenge Jan 0 / £280Sealed Pot 5 Challenge #1543 NSD Jan 1/15

• kzaremba
    Options
    Very impressive. I love the idea of an energy use diary! Thanks :)
  • newstarting2012
    Options
    So many comment,so interesting.I like.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills