My Energy use Diary

Options

Comments

• GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

I've started to turn my pc and router off a night. Will monitor for two weeks and report back.:)

GRB
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Despite an increase in my gas last week I still managed 2 'C' badges (albeit back to the 'D' side of both).

Readings this week show electricity up by 9kWh (highest for 3 weeks), but gas back down - last week saw an increase of 114kWh, this week it's dropped by 92kWh.

Household CO2 for last week was 73kg, this is week is just 60kg - so I'm hoping this is the start of the decrease over the warmer months
    Cheryl
  • A_fiend_for_life
    Options
    Last weeks use put me on 10th and got an A for all users and B for low rise flats.

This week I used 11 kWh of gas and 15 kWh of electricity.

I did another batch of pasta but soaking first but it is hard to measure how much energy it saved as the meter only reports whole units.
  • cw18
    Options
    Bah! Humbug!

Just checked badges for last week. Retained my 'C' against my comparison group, but according to i-measure I've dropped to a 'D' against all users :(

My spreadsheet gives me a 'C', but the formula is a 'quick and dirty' one based on info from i-measure as to how the badges are allocated - and I'm actually right on the boundary of a C/D, so it's clearly to do with roundings.

I'm dreading to think where I'll be after DS moves out for Uni - I can't see useage halving (fingers crossed for 10-15% saving at the most, judging by readings when he's away), so I can see me being one of those right at the bottom of the table who helps everyone else get really good ratings rolleyes2.gif
    Cheryl
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    we have a rise this week, 96 units for the week an extra 16 units on last week.
    I think the kids have had there xboxs on outside the times we have agreed and i done a bit of cooking for the freezer, but they're back to school today :)

I know a bit how you feel Cw18 no matter how many units we save being in Cornwall we pay over the odds for everything (my online tarrif is set at almost 11p a unit compare to East midlands 7p a unit for the same tarrif)

Plus side i wouldn't be anywhere else in the world, downside i can't see my kids being able to move out this side of them turning 30 :D
  • JennyR68
    JennyR68 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    I had an extra 23 units this week, been colder and the girls had some friends over for a couple of nights so extra strain on the hot water. I wish the weather would settle so I could switch the heating off!

Have a D on comparison group for last week and a C on all users.
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Big drop for us last week, not sure where it came from but it's definitely welcome - for the first time ever our total energy use for the week cost us less than £10!

90kwh usage for gas which is less than half of the week before, and 38 kwh for electricity which is a drop of just over 1/5. The only thing that's really changed has been my purchase of a carpet sweeper, which is good not only for saving energy but it actually works better than our hoover!
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    To recap - we have a BG tarriff for our energy fixed in 2005! This runs out at the end of this month :eek: BG have offered us another fix until Apr 2012 - it's a tad more than all their current tarriffs so I've decided to go with the fix.

..... but any tarriff is going to be a massive financial shock for us. All tarriffs look at least double what we are currently paying:eek:.

Lots of energy belt tighting for us I think and lets hope we have a nice warm summer and winter:D

Still half price energy for the next 9 days:)
  • THRIFTY_GIRL
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »

Lots of energy belt tighting for us I think and lets hope we have a nice warm summer and winter:D

Still half price energy for the next 9 days:)

Looks like you fixed well in 2005. Fingers crossed too for more warm weather:T. We have had 2 weeks of sub £20 bills which I'm rather pleased with.
    MFiT - T2 # 64start date: 1.7.09 MFW end date: 31.10.17
    Start balance: £205,746.51 :eek: Month 18/100..paid 13.50%
    Current balance: £177,977.07 (updated 18.12.10)
    Target 12.12.12: From £194,000 to £140,000:p
    MFI-3 reductions: £16,023/£54,000 achieved (29.67%):j
  • cw18
    edited 21 April 2010 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Readings for this week just processed.

Gas continues to drop - down from 148kWh last week to 125kWh this week (this week last year is also showing as 125kWh in my spreadsheet)

Electricity only down 2kWh (from 59 to 57), but I was half expecting this to have gone up as I had my pressure washer running for the best part of a couple of hours on Sunday. And my records show useage for this week last year as 66kWh, so a significant reduction against that :)

CO2 calculations for the week show a drop from 60kg last week to just 54kg this week - so a 10% reduction overall :T
    (iMeasure shows me as having a 60kg figure for this week last year, so a 10% reduction against that as well)
    Cheryl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport