Home Insurance Cashback Success

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• CS2018
    CS2018 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi everyone, my first post here :j
    I am looking around to renew my home insurance and so far the best in with THE COOP, the quote is £134.13 for building and contents including legal cover , and they are giving a £50 pounds food voucher ( if you are a member of Coop you get a 5% cash back on your shopping and another percentage they donate to your chosen charity)
    So at £ 84.13 it is a fab insurance to consider:money::T:T:T
    good luck to all x
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 June 2020 at 7:57AM
    Options
    My renewal was £750 with Admiral, a quick online chat and that came down to about £680. 
    Looked around the comparison sites and went with More Than for £520 plus a possible £50 cashback.
    This looks terribly high compared to most posts on here, it is buildings and contents and legal cover with accidental damage on both buildings & contents.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    silvercar said:
    My renewal was £750 with Admiral, a quick online chat and that came down to about £680. 
    Looked around the comparison sites and went with More Than for £520 plus a possible £50 cashback.
    This looks terribly high compared to most posts on here, it is buildings and contents and legal cover with accidental damage on both buildings & contents.
    That is very high, I assume no prev claims and not grade 2 listed?

Have you consider an insurance broker?

Maybe your neighborhood has been seeing high claims?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    csgohan4 said:
    silvercar said:
    That is very high, I assume no prev claims and not grade 2 listed?

Have you consider an insurance broker?

Maybe your neighborhood has been seeing high claims?
    Lots of local friends have similar or higher. Tried a broker who couldn’t match it. Expensive rebuild costs in south-east combined with clay soil meaning the area is more prone to subsidence.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • K9
    K9 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I just had a renewal quote for £180 from L & G for buildings  and contents, up from £151 last year. 
    I did a quick search on money supermarket as suggested here and can get apparently better cover for less money. Up for renewal mid - July so a few days to decide yet.

Some of the quotes are from companies that I've never heard of before, so a bit wary.
  • rhodesyp
    Options
    I've just got my mother Home Contents cover for £10.99 / YEAR using the TopCashBack compare tool. The policy cost £43.99 and we got £33.00 cashback. It took 8 weeks to show as tracked and was then payable immediately. For a while I was convinced it wouldn't work, but Happy Days. Also managed to save her £300 on her car insurance and also got £45 cashback for that too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback