Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Options

Comments

• TheBex
    TheBex Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, Sorry to be a nag, but I didn't want my question going unnoticed if someone knows the answer - How do I get around the goldsmiths "no sale items" rule? They've messed up my plans by making something cheaper! :s
    Do you need it? Yep. Really? Yes! How have you managed for the last 28 years without it? Erm....
    NO NAUGHTY SHOPPING Bex.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    TheBex wrote: »
    Hello, Sorry to be a nag, but I didn't want my question going unnoticed if someone knows the answer - How do I get around the goldsmiths "no sale items" rule? They've messed up my plans by making something cheaper! :s

sales only last for a certain amount of time, just wait for it to go back to full price

F
  • flea72
    Options
    Hello all!

After years of lurking about reading and and saving from everyone else posts, thought it was high time I get involved!

I have managed to save £200 in Clubcard vouchers and would like to spend them on my family for some sort of holiday. I am little confused as to what the best way to do this may be - I am aware of the special on Airmiles at the moment but I am not sure if Airmiles restrict you to certain carriers/dates/airports etc. I didn't know whether or not using them in any other holiday deal capacity (cosmos, siblu etc) would be better?

Does anyone have any experience or have compared the ways to spend them recently? I am dreadfully confused about it all and trying to write a dissertation :confused: so any help you can give will be well appreciated!

BTW, my family consist of two adults and a 3 year old.

Thanks in advance!

unless you have the full cost of the holiday (or nigh on) in clubcard tokens, then it isnt worth paying for the holiday with deals, as you will prob get a better discount paying cash

airmiles could be an option. if you have enough vouchers to pay for flights, that might be some of the way there, but airmiles are a tad overpriced when it comes to hotels, so prob best to book them separately

its all swings and roundabouts really. until you know where you want to go and when, and how much it will cost in deals, and how much for cash, then that is the time to make a decision.

so if the holiday is costing £800 in deals vouchers, then for the cash price to be better, it has to be less than £200, however it starts to get a bit murky when you dont have enough deal vouchers to pay for the whole holiday, and its a mix of the two

F
  • TheBex
    TheBex Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    flea72 wrote: »
    sales only last for a certain amount of time, just wait for it to go back to full price

F

Then that's the answer. Fingers crossed they don't clear all their stock! :)
    Do you need it? Yep. Really? Yes! How have you managed for the last 28 years without it? Erm....
    NO NAUGHTY SHOPPING Bex.
  • pearsoneys
    pearsoneys Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    Options
    points are added up till 25th January. you will recieved your coupons by 3rd march!
    i know this because i was reading it earlier! lol.
    JOBEN wrote: »
    Hi
    I know the points are due out in February but is it early feb or late feb
    thanks in advance
    Jo
  • mollymillions
    Options
    Thank you flea! I think I am going to take the plunge and grab the airmiles whilst they are on offer!

:j
  • lindsayr2403
    Options
    I am REALLY annoyed....
    GGGGRRRRRRRRR -
    My parents (who normally shop at Asda) had heard that we are planning to take our children abroad with our Clubcard vouchers deals on a SIBLU holiday. We are trying really hard to build up the points as we have no money at all (working with Payplan on a DMP). Anyhow, they have agreed to switch to shop at tesco and even bought a laptop from there so we could have their points towards our holiday.
    Over the weekend, I entered their codes on my account to get the tokens (I have done this before with my FIL's codes and it was fine) - tonight i find an email askingme to contact them.
    Their tokens cant be used. I explained EVER SO POLITELY the reasons behind it - and the woman was quite blunt - tough. I asked if we could merge the cards - and she said yes but we both need to be on the phone at the same time (ie- in the same house) - we live 200 miles apart. I explained this - and again - tough.
    So, whilst my parents appear to be willing to shop at tescos for me, tesco dont appear to want their business..... any suggestions REALLY welcome... is there anyone out there who has overcome this???
  • flea72
    Options
    I am REALLY annoyed....
    GGGGRRRRRRRRR -
    My parents (who normally shop at Asda) had heard that we are planning to take our children abroad with our Clubcard vouchers deals on a SIBLU holiday. We are trying really hard to build up the points as we have no money at all (working with Payplan on a DMP). Anyhow, they have agreed to switch to shop at tesco and even bought a laptop from there so we could have their points towards our holiday.
    Over the weekend, I entered their codes on my account to get the tokens (I have done this before with my FIL's codes and it was fine) - tonight i find an email askingme to contact them.
    Their tokens cant be used. I explained EVER SO POLITELY the reasons behind it - and the woman was quite blunt - tough. I asked if we could merge the cards - and she said yes but we both need to be on the phone at the same time (ie- in the same house) - we live 200 miles apart. I explained this - and again - tough.
    So, whilst my parents appear to be willing to shop at tescos for me, tesco dont appear to want their business..... any suggestions REALLY welcome... is there anyone out there who has overcome this???

do you have access to two phones? - put your parents on speakerphone on one phone, whilst you ring tesco on another

that way, you are all privy to the conversation, and your parents can give their authorisation

tbh, i think they are being a bit pedantic, because whos to stop anyone pretending to be your FIL - could your OH not pretend to be his dad? i would presume he could answer any possible security questions, if they arose?

F
  • lindsayr2403
    Options
    thats a good point , speakerphone could be a solution -
    I agree with the point about security questions - what on earth could they ask me that I dont know about my own parents???? Address? DoB???
    Its a bit silly, and they are getting a lot of extra business from them doing this... makes me MAD!!
  • mitcho_uk
    Options
    Hi,

I was wondering if anybody is in a position to advise me. I have a Tesco Clubcard Plus account where I gain 2 points per £1 spent and I also have a Tesco Clubcard where I get 5 points per £4 spent at Tesco.

Could you tell me if I would get double points on expenditure in line with the double club card points offer that is on at the moment i.e. 4 points per £1 for clubcard plus and 10 points per £4 on the CC? If not, which am I better off using or should I just pay using my debit card to get maximum benefit on points.

Thanks

Dan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family