Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Options

Comments

• flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I ask a quick question please? I have cc vouchers in my surname and some in my MIL's surname (which is the same) but our postcodes are different - will I be able to use both sets of cc vouchers to use for booking a holiday?

Many thanks

all of my vouchers have my full name on them, so having the same surname might not be enough for them to slip through

however, you dont say whether MIL is going on holiday with you. if she is, then its ok to use her vouchers too

F
  • crockpot
    crockpot Posts: 631 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quickie.

Just signed up for a tesco credit card, if I do an online shop and pay by my tesco credit card do I earn points for the shopping plus points for using the credit card?

Also been looking at airmiles/ba miles, which is the better scheme?

Thanks in advance
  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    crockpot wrote: »
    Just a quickie.

Just signed up for a tesco credit card, if I do an online shop and pay by my tesco credit card do I earn points for the shopping plus points for using the credit card?

Also been looking at airmiles/ba miles, which is the better scheme?

Thanks in advance
    Yes, using your Tesco CC is just like using it in the shop. You get the normal 2 points per £1 spent at Tesco, plus the 1 point per £4 spent on the CC.

I NEVER use Tesco CC in Tesco. In Tesco I always use Clubcard+ and therefore get 3 points for 3very £1 I spend. Everywhere else I use Airmiles Amex where I get 1 airmile for every £10 spent, anywhere that doesn't accept Amex only then do I use Tesco CC.
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    ruthiejane wrote: »
    Yes, using your Tesco CC is just like using it in the shop. You get the normal 2 points per £1 spent at Tesco, plus the 1 point per £4 spent on the CC.

I NEVER use Tesco CC in Tesco. In Tesco I always use Clubcard+ and therefore get 3 points for 3very £1 I spend. Everywhere else I use Airmiles Amex where I get 1 airmile for every £10 spent, anywhere that doesn't accept Amex only then do I use Tesco CC.

I don't have a cc+ but use my tesco cc in Tesco and also hand over my clubcard which means I get points on both cards and therefore do not miss out.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    flea72 wrote: »
    all of my vouchers have my full name on them, so having the same surname might not be enough for them to slip through

however, you dont say whether MIL is going on holiday with you. if she is, then its ok to use her vouchers too

F

No my MIL isn't coming with us but if they do not accept them can I then revert them back to vouchers and use for other things? I heard somewhere that if we have the same postcode then that is okay also, so would it be ok if we change her address to ours (with her permission of course) and then use the vouchers to buy a holiday?

Many thanks for any advice
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • ruthiejane
    Options
    I don't have a cc+ but use my tesco cc in Tesco and also hand over my clubcard which means I get points on both cards and therefore do not miss out.
    Doing that you get exactly the same number of points you would get if you only handed over your credit card. It just means that the shopping points are in one account and the TPF points are in another account.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ruthiejane wrote: »
    Doing that you get exactly the same number of points you would get if you only handed over your credit card. It just means that the shopping points are in one account and the TPF points are in another account.

If when you applied for the CC you gave them your current clubcard number it should just put all your points onto that clubcard.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • ruthiejane
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    If when you applied for the CC you gave them your current clubcard number it should just put all your points onto that clubcard.
    Either way, there is no benefit in handing over both a Clubcard and a Tesco CC.
  • chookie1
    chookie1 Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry if this question's been asked a million time already... but I see a lot of people saying that they've got points but haven't seen them on their account. When I go to the clubcard website, all I get is my total balance with no breakdown like 50 points on 23rd Dec and 100 on 28th Dec. Is there a more detailed account statement or are people checking by dead reckoning?

Many thanks
  • Giddygran
    Giddygran Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Chookie - I have already asked the clubcard line and they said there is no way of telling online where the points have come from. The man then added the word "yet" but then would no say if an improved system was on the way. So here's hoping! I would prefer to see where the points have come from, 'cos if you are short of points then there is no way to instantly see which points are missing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure