Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Options

Comments

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Giddygran wrote: »
    Hi Chookie - I have already asked the clubcard line and they said there is no way of telling online where the points have come from. The man then added the word "yet" but then would no say if an improved system was on the way. So here's hoping! I would prefer to see where the points have come from, 'cos if you are short of points then there is no way to instantly see which points are missing.
    Agreed - Nectar show you where all your points come from which is a vast improvement on Tesco - it's just a shame the points aren't worth much :rotfl:
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    ruthiejane wrote: »
    Either way, there is no benefit in handing over both a Clubcard and a Tesco CC.

Yes as my 2 accounts are not connected and therefore get vouchers for both my credit card and my clubcard.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Yes as my 2 accounts are not connected and therefore get vouchers for both my credit card and my clubcard.
    Nor are mine, but if you don't hand over your clubcard the shopping points will be allocated to the credit card account anyway. If you hand over both cards the shopping points are allocated to the clubcard and the TPF points are allocated to the credit card. You don't get any more points for handing over both.
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    Nor are mine, but if you don't hand over your clubcard the shopping points will be allocated to the credit card account anyway. If you hand over both cards the shopping points are allocated to the clubcard and the TPF points are allocated to the credit card. You don't get any more points for handing over both.

Sorry if I am being thick here:o but am now confused:confused:. So what you mean is that if my clubcard isn't handed over then the points that would have gone onto them had I handed it over are added onto my credit card points, so my TPF points will just be higher than would be had I handed over both cards? (iyswim).
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if I am being thick here:o but am now confused:confused:. So what you mean is that if my clubcard isn't handed over then the points that would have gone onto them had I handed it over are added onto my credit card points, so my TPF points will just be higher than would be had I handed over both cards? (iyswim).

Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you.

If you spend say £20 you get 40 "shopping points" and 5 TPF points. If you hand over both cards the 40 shopping points will go on your clubcard account, and your 5 TPF will go on your credit card account.

But if you only hand over your credit card 45 points will be put on the credit card, 5 as TPF and 40 as normal points.
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • David_Brown
    Options
    EXPIRED VOUCHERS are useless…..

Just a note for anyone using Tesco Clubcard Points.

I have been collecting these points since there introduction.

I hang on to them and eventually use them for Holiday Vouchers. Obviously this takes longer that the expiry dates.

On several occasions I have returned the unused Vouchers and they have been rolled over by adding them to the next period issue.

This has always included expired vouchers, but on each occasion they have always honored these expired vouchers.

However when I attempted to do this again in September. They have refused.

I have had numerous calls and emails to try to recover my expired vouchers....£125 face value.

The reasons eventually given is that because the vouchers can now be used online, they cannot tell whether they have been used or not. I could therefore be trying to defraud them and they have no means of telling.

This seems a little unbelievable, I’m sure they could give me an accurate result of what I have bought and spent through my Clubcard and Clubcard Visa.

So the advice is watch the dates carefully……you’ll be given no sympathy from Clubcard
  • 5abi
    5abi Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    Just saw this £10 off voucher on tesco groceries at 123vouchercodes. I think they might have an exclusive deal with tesco.

Just sign up with a new email address and that should do the trick.
  • TurnaroundSue
    Options
    EXPIRED VOUCHERS are useless…..

Just a note for anyone using Tesco Clubcard Points.

I have been collecting these points since there introduction.

I hang on to them and eventually use them for Holiday Vouchers. Obviously this takes longer that the expiry dates.

On several occasions I have returned the unused Vouchers and they have been rolled over by adding them to the next period issue.

This has always included expired vouchers, but on each occasion they have always honored these expired vouchers.

However when I attempted to do this again in September. They have refused.

I have had numerous calls and emails to try to recover my expired vouchers....£125 face value.

The reasons eventually given is that because the vouchers can now be used online, they cannot tell whether they have been used or not. I could therefore be trying to defraud them and they have no means of telling.

This seems a little unbelievable, I’m sure they could give me an accurate result of what I have bought and spent through my Clubcard and Clubcard Visa.

So the advice is watch the dates carefully……you’ll be given no sympathy from Clubcard

My brother tried to do this only in December and at first they said that the expired vouchers couldn't be rolled over as they had already been rolled over once and they couldn't do it a second time. However the lady checked with someone and agreed that they would do it on this occasion. I do not believe what they say about doing it on line coz when I have tried to use a voucher before which I forgotten I had already used they could tell me exactly when it was used and for what purpose. As the vouchers have all individual codes they can easily tell whether it has been used or not even though it is now done online. Have you sent a letter to their HO complaints department and see whether anyone further up the ladder can help?
  • TurnaroundSue
    Options
    Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you.

If you spend say £20 you get 40 "shopping points" and 5 TPF points. If you hand over both cards the 40 shopping points will go on your clubcard account, and your 5 TPF will go on your credit card account.

But if you only hand over your credit card 45 points will be put on the credit card, 5 as TPF and 40 as normal points.

And there was me thinking I was being clever and beating the system!!!:rolleyes: I suppose if I continue doing it this way at least I still get 2 lots of vouchers, thereby getting 2 lots of 'extra' points. Thanks for highlighting this to me tho.
  • David_Brown
    Options
    'My brother tried to do this only in December and at first they said that the expired vouchers couldn't be rolled over as they had already been rolled over once and they couldn't do it a second time. However the lady checked with someone and agreed that they would do it on this occasion. I do not believe what they say about doing it on line coz when I have tried to use a voucher before which I forgotten I had already used they could tell me exactly when it was used and for what purpose. As the vouchers have all individual codes they can easily tell whether it has been used or not even though it is now done online. Have you sent a letter to their HO complaints department and see whether anyone further up the ladder can help?'

I have done it all by email, but I think I have been on to fairly senior managers. It has been going on for a few months. I intend to close my accounts as soon as I can get another credit card, so I will include a letter with the returned cards. If I do get a result I will report further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure