We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

crafty for christmas 2008

1…143144146148149…275

Comments

  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    melissa - they're both beautiful. I want to do some diaries for people this year - and love the paper................where do they sell it for £9.99 and does that include all the embellishments ?
    Mary

    I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    mary43 wrote: »
    melissa - they're both beautiful. I want to do some diaries for people this year - and love the paper................where do they sell it for £9.99 and does that include all the embellishments ?
    Ditto ditto ditto!!

    have just ordered some K & Co stuff so maybe I'd better use that first!
  • Mary you can get a 6x6 pad of 36 sheets of the same paper from ebay, It's not double sided or a thick, but I got one of them anyway to use on smaller projects, the item number is: 270249431262
    I'm trying to find where I found the big one for 9.99, I can't remember. I look at that many craft sites it all becomes a haze. I shall make it my mission to find it for you!
  • Wow Melissa the frame is stunning!!!

    I wish I could do something like that. OH would love something like that but masculine lol
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    melissa - thanks.
    I have mentioned on another thread (brains gone numb so can't remember which.........lol)
    When you cover the notebooks do you do the inside of the cover as well as the outside ?
    Mary

    I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • Mary - it depends on the notebook whether I cover the inside, the one above I didn't bother covering it as it was white inside, some of them you need to to hide what's inside. I finally found the link, here it is:http://www.thecraftzboutique.com/catalog/kology-hannah-scrap-p-2789.html
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    melissa - thanks for the link. There's some fabulous paper/embelishments, allsorts..............best not tell OH..................lo:j l
    Mary

    I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Beautiful melissa what a lovely gift.
  • Hi all - there's some lurvelly things on this thread!
    I taught myself to knit last November and managed a scarf each for hubby and son before Christmass last year. This year I am completely obsessed and so we're planning to knit for everyone we would usually buy for (eek).
    Hubby - socks (started) / blanket (done) / something secret too (maybe a satchel)
    Mum - gardening bag made of jute twine with secauteurs & gloves inside (started)
    Sister - fingerless gloves just like Rose's from Dr Who (I'm v jealous) (started)
    nephew - cabled scarf
    MIL - drop stitch scarf (started)
    MILs BF - hat
    SIL - yarn bag
    SILs bf - fuzzy dice for his racecar!
    FIL - hat
    FILs wife - drop stitch scarf (done)
    SIL (age 5) - Hello Kitty hat (nearly done, just ears & bow to add!)
    BIL (1!) - a bear
    grandma - a tea cosy
    Nana - a bear filled with lavender & hops from the garden
    great aunt - a drop stitch scarf (done)
    Aunt - another drop stitch scarf (I have about 3 designs so people who see each other won't get the same design!)
    Uncle - socks
    Cousin 1 - drop stitch scarf (done)
    Cousin 2 - cabled scarf (started)
    cousin 3 - 'police line - do not cross' scarf (started).

    I'll also be making my son a hat, some knitted ornaments for the house and tree, and I've been making all our cards over the past year. Yeah...I must be mental.
  • Goodness Claire that's one impressive list:T :T :T .

    I'm fascinated with the idea of the jute twine gardening bag. Can you post more details?

    Hope you'll post some piccies of the finished pressies.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.