The Great ‘Crucial Phone Numbers’ Hunt: Easy numbers for when things go wrong.

123457»

Comments

• Thanks Girona, that explains why I no longer get the name when my wife rings!
    Incidently, my 'phone can display a picture of the caller if set up that way and this does show correctly (there's only one associated with the name, not with the ICE entry).
    This could be a workaround (if you're really as sad as me to care that much...).
  • Airwolf1
    Airwolf1 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I realised this and what I did under ICE I typed in See xxxx. So the person looking knew to call, as an example, Dad mobile.
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
  • We saw a dog once just wandering along the motorway in the middle of the night...(please read on, this is on topic, honest...!) and we had absolutely no clue as to who to contact about it. We eventually came off at the next exit and because we had no idea of what the local police force number was, we had to dial 999. We apologised and the operator was very good about and dealt with it.

My question is, what would you have done? Who would you have phoned? Is there a 'non' emergency number for the cops that covers the whole of the UK?

Eh? Are you being serious? In what possible way does a dog wandering along a motorway in the middle of the night NOT constitue an emergency? That's a serious accident just waiting to happen, of course you should call 999.
  • As for the dlimma in entering your next of kin's number twice, why not just enter it as "ICE June" (in my case) - that way, the caller ID will work, and the emergency services will not only have a number but a name for when they make their call.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure