Barclays Launching 7.75% One Year Fixed Rate Monthly Saver On 2nd June

Options

Comments

• trashcan_2
    trashcan_2 Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    Couldn't see if you could have One for my self and one for my wife.

Also how much are you able to withdraw. Are you able to close the account mid-term. Not that I would want to but I'd like to know anyway.

It looks good.
  • nicko33
    nicko33 Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Options
    1. The account is available to personal investors aged 16 years or over who are resident in the UK for tax purposes. The account may be held in sole or joint names.
    2. Only one Monthly Savings account may be held per person at any given time.

So you and your wife can have one each

16. Withdrawals are allowed at any time with no notice. A withdrawal constitutes any amount debited from the account including transfers made to other accounts.
    17. If a withdrawal is made, interest is payable at the lower rate for that month (see condition 10).
    21. The account can be closed at any time during the term of the account. If the account is closed at any time during a month, interest is payable at the lower rate from the first day of that month until the date of closure, whether or not a withdrawal has been made that month.

You can close it at any time, but you will only get the reduced interest rate for the month of the closure.

Good access for a fixed rate.
  • Ologhai
    Ologhai Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nicko33 wrote: »
    How about to prove that you ARE that existing customer

Yes, because we wouldn't want an imposter setting up a regular saver for me and putting some of my money into it!

I know I'm being flippant, but I have wondered when I've gone into the bank to pay my tax bill from my accounts why there's a dozen security questions! Who else would pay my tax bill? ;)
  • Ologhai
    Ologhai Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ologhai wrote: »
    I was passing Barclays this morning, so I thought I'd open one of these.

Like many of you I'm sure, I have accounts at various banks for various historical reasons. I've had accounts with Barclays for over 20 years, and I currently have five-figures with them (albeit not far into five-figures), and they wouldn't open a regular saver because I didn't have a passport or driving licence with me! :confused:

Does this seem weird to anyone else, or is it just me?

As a follow-up to this, I returned to Barclays this morning with my passport and driving licence to have another go at opening this regular saver.

I managed to open it without being asked for any additional ID at all... :mad:
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you pay any funds into the account upon opening it or is it all done via SO - i.e. do I need to take a cheque into the branch with me?
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    4. The account may be opened with a nil balance but an initial deposit of between £20 and £250 inclusive must be made to the account within one calendar month of account opening.

5. Monthly deposits of between £20 and £250 inclusive can be made to the account each month thereafter. Such deposits can only be made by way of standing order. A maximum of 12 deposits can be made to the account during the term of the account. You can change the amount of the monthly deposit providing it is between £20 and £250. You can also choose not to make a deposit in any month but if you do so, you will still be limited to the maximum deposit of £250 in any other month.
  • MigsyBigsy
    MigsyBigsy Posts: 190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if I should open yet another account. I have the maximum money for my ISA, I have £1,500 in the KaupthingEdge and have a A&L current account. Should I open this Barclays account?

thanks for the replies
  • nicko33
    nicko33 Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Options
    MigsyBigsy wrote: »
    Should I open this Barclays account?
    might be better to wait for the Halifax 10% one
  • MigsyBigsy
    MigsyBigsy Posts: 190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nicko33 wrote: »