PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• KITTY_2-2
    KITTY_2-2 Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :hello: Have to admit to not reading all 21 pages so I apologise if I've missed anything important ;)

Had my first spend from June's budget yesterday. Went to Morries and spent £26.08. Got andrex on offer so bought those for a change - usually have to get the cheapy ones :D Couldn't believe the price of yoghurts though :eek: May have to look at making our own, although DS does like his froobs for school. Any suggestions on how to make something similar :think:

Still have to make a trip to the market for salad stuff tomorrow ready for w**k on Monday but got a good buy on sandwich meat this week. Jack Fulton's have fresh ham, pork, chicken and turkey 300g for 200 and only 99p. Is it a national chain? If not I apologise to those outside Yorkshire :o

Well off to make a drink for the garden man. He's been here since just after 7 moving 60 tons of earth around to extend my driveway and level the back garden. My garden sits on quite a slope and is almost impossible to keep tidy - so having it levelled and some of it cobbled.
    Once this is done I will be able to dig out a veggie patch so very :money: if you don't count the days labour charge :whistle:

Catch you later:beer:
    :xmastree:
    Merry Christmas
  • bumblebeeandboy
    Options
    We're trying for £200 in June - used to budget before so hoping i can get back into it.

Bumblebeeandboy
  • annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    MrsM Gardener Extrordinaire

Those pots look great,I'm pleased with my 8 little icecream tubs but I am a gardening virgin!!!

Started 21st May with lettuces,tomatoes,garlic,courgettes and cucumbers.Only the lettuce and courgettes are showing any signs but I am impatient.

Will look at planting some more lettuce next week so we have a steady supply,it would be silly not to make us of the glorious sunshine - saying that it is raining in Spain this morning!!!!

Have just taken a batch of Banana Twinks out and wrapped and frozen for the week.My friends are over from Iceland and they so enjoyed the last lot I have promised to bake them a batch to take to the icy north.Free gifts are the best.

Having a NSD today and hopefully tomorrow too.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • KITTY_2-2
    Options
    Forgot to add my budget :doh:

Can you put me down for £280 again please MrsM?

Hopefully I'll get closer this month than last :whistle:
    Merry Christmas
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Well i was up at "silly o'clock" this morning so at 7.45 i had a wander to PLUS for the butter that is on offer...and low and behold some things leapt into my trolley :p ....
    • 3 packs of extra lean minced steak down to €1 each -can feel meatballs in hm tortillas coming on :D
    • a 650g pork loin fillet down to €3 -so thats going to be sliced up for stir fries, and barbecue pork and noodles
    • 2 huge pots of local strawberries @ 80c -normal price :T ..you could smell them all over the supermarket mmm
    • 2 punnets of nectarines @ €1 each...normal price
    • 2 packs of fresh gnocchi -on offer at 75c :D
    So spent €11.10 and forgot the butter :rotfl: .... so guess where hubby is taking me when he gets up ;) ...i wouldn't have bothered just for the butter a bit of a waste of fuel when its so close..but they have an offer at the moment for a tressel table and to bench seats (looks like the sort you see at beer festivals) but they are metal and collapse down into a carry bag to throw in the car.. on at €29.99 -down from €80.. now at the moment i don't have room for a big table n chairs on my potio so this would be ideal(plus im waiting for the end of the last season before we move back to the UK so i can buy a really good quality hard wood one -cheap:p) .and it would also come in for when we move home and want to do family bashes as i can cover it and use it to put a buffet on ...so me thinks my treat this month might be that :D

Have sorted out a meal plan... will decide what we have on which day as i go along :D .... you will have to excuse the vast quantity of salads we have at this time of year :p ...still hubby loves salad too so it makes life easy:T

week 1
    • chicken pasta salad
    • feta salad with steamed potatoes + hm coleslaw
    • thai turkey and noodles
    • southern chicken wraps with salad
    • jacket potato with cottage cheese + salad
    • hm minted pea and goats cheese quiche and salad
    • tuna mayo salad with hm potato salad
    week 2
    • thai beef curry with noodles + hm naan breads
    • roast chicken dinner
    • prawn pasta salad
    • feta salad with potatoes
    • turkey wraps and salad
    • jaket potato and cottage cheese with salad + hm coleslaw
    • tuna pasta salad
    week 3
    • home cooked gammon, salad, hm coleslaw and potatoes
    • tuna steak and stir fry
    • jacket potato, cottage cheese and salad
    • feta salad and potatoes
    • hm meatballs+caramalised veg wraps with salad
    • ham pasta salad
    • thai turkey curry and rice
    week 4
    • barbecued pork with egg fried rice
    • jacket potato, cottage cheese and salad
    • southern chicken wraps, salad and hm coleslaw
    • tuna pasta salad
    • feta salad with potatoes
    • roast chicken dinner
    • thai steamed salmon and noodles
    KITTY - they have jack fultons in the Notts area too :D ..when ever i have been in when im at home..you look at the prices and understand why a lot of people can't see the point in cooking from scratch ...it is sooooo cheap isn't it :eek: .... ok the its not the same as HM but if folks are on low budgets and have big families you can see why they would go there its a fraction of the prices elswhere
    right i will get off and park my bum on the sofa with a cuppa and then its a day of x stitching for me :j
    have a great day everyone :D

Thanks Annelouise..have got a bit carried away with my potio apotment... there is more that isn't in that pic :o .. still it should save us a fortune with the amount of salad n veg we eat :T
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • KITTY_2-2
    Options
    Wow MrsM now that's service. I look away and you've updated the list already :D

I know it's off topic but I wanted to congratulate you on your amazing weight loss :T :T :T :T

You started after me and all I've managed is a stingy 16lbs :doh: Think I may have to look at your posts on the weight loss thread for some ideas.

If you can do it so can I as it looks like we started at around the same weight. Think I need to get my rear into gear. Just wish I wasn't addicted to sweet stuff, butter, cheese, pastry etc..... :whistle:

Any tips please?
    Merry Christmas
  • fedupnow
    fedupnow Posts: 931 Forumite
    Options
    Ya know..........I am nothing if not determined.

I will NOT be beaten I will reduce my grocery spend to within the required budget of £183.21.

I can and I will :D
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    nsd day yesterday!!!! o and hello everybody :rotfl: sorry its been awhile although to be fair i didnt leave the house :D going out today as my friend is coming from london for the day she only here for 6 hours so im leaving my oh and kid at home and im having a girlie day... hoping not to spend too much as every penny is acounted for but i may treat myself to a bottle of coke but then again :D hope everybody else is good xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    KITTY wrote: »
    If you can do it so can I as it looks like we started at around the same weight. Think I need to get my rear into gear. Just wish I wasn't addicted to sweet stuff, butter, cheese, pastry etc..... :whistle:

Any tips please?

It is not a stingy 16lb at all it is a fabulous 16lb loss and well deserved:j :j :j

tips? clear cupboards of all bad foods ,replace with fresh, low cal, low sugar, low fat, everything can be replaced with it's equivalent but much less cals, have porridge for breakfast with chopped banana or raspberries, keeps hunger at bay, have salad and protein for lunch, snack on fruit sugar free jelly, ryvita crackers,dinner (well I do WW SO ITis always a WW meal) buy recipe books or get them from the library and make lovely meals that are healthy, great to it but more importantly low in cals and fats.
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • natzini
    natzini Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me being a dafty I haven't made breakfast yet-will just have some toast whilst I'm getting ready for the day :)
    Discussed food with OH and we think we can last until I come back from the school trip away to have a big food shop, which is ace. Hopefully we won't need too much as we have lots of woopsied meat in the freezer-might need a bit of fresh fruit or veg, but that won't be needed too much!

Well done to those who have lost a lot of weight-I'd like to lose a stone, or at least tone up, but as I suffer from FMS, just getting through a day at work is enough for me at the moment. have been slowly altering my diet though and trying not to eat so many snacks-bad snacks anyway!!

Un sou est un sou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport