PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hello again, hope everyone managed to keep on course, even if not exactly meeting exact targets. It's all in the practice and practice can be fun :D

I would like to declare my total spend for June at £36.81, so I came in within my £40 budget. :j My July budget will remain at £40.

To any new participants, I am not trying to starve my household, honestly! :rotfl: I am attempting an overall annual budget of £1000 for 3 of us and did a stockpile shop in May, plus have a shelf load of food that was surplus to requirement after doing a buffet for a party at the weekend. I also have a garden full of (hopefully) fruit & veggies and I'm planning on making all of this last me until Christmas and only doing small top up shops each week for the necessary fresh produce such as milk, eggs, chicken etc.

Good luck to all for July - the month of garden veggies and salads galore! :T

Tattycath - last time I got (very) reduced mascarpone I used it in, dare I say it, cheese sauce for pasta! If you pop it in the oven with a little grated cheese and sliced or diced tomatoes over the top it is delicious. I'm still alive and I freeze, defrost, heat and eat macaroni cheese, pasta with various sauces and spag bol :)
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone, havent been on for ages due to working silly hours, I'm declaring £196.06 for June & will attempt £180 for July.

sorry but got to dash back over to DFW now to confess my sins :o , will try hard to catch up with all news & send (((hugs))) to all in need

Lula x
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nykmedia. Thanks for the tips, I've just put it in the freezer. I bought the mascarpone because it was 29 pence a tub and should have been £1.78-so I bought the last 2 tubs :D
    Can it be used in cheesecake? or is it just a savoury thing please?
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    I,m declaring at £48.47 for June. Freezer is packed to the gunnels, so I,m going to try for £40 for the month of July. I will use my new coupons for Tesco in the next few days but wont be able to store bread and milk, so will concentrate on tins ect. with these. Well done all who came under budget and keep trying all those who lived the high life.
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • dawnylou
    dawnylou Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Oh, we were over budget by about £50....the alcohol did it!!
    We went to Download this year and bought loads of alcohol to take with us!! If it wasn't for that we would have been under!!! :(
    Will try as hard as possible this month!!!
    Dream of being mortgage free....
    APR 2007 - £109,825 FEB 2012 - £98,664.53:beer:

• my spend for june was, £95.64p
    Back on MSE again! to take control of my finances and not let it control me. :T May grocery challenge £41.96/140
  • KITTY_2-2
    KITTY_2-2 Posts: 263 Forumite
    Been awol the last couple of weeks. An extremely busy time in front of the pc at work and no inclination to repeat it at night at home ;) I therefore have no idea what everyone has been up to so please share the !!congrats!! and (((hugs))) as needed

I didn't do badly at all this month - a consequence of the huge overspend in May :oSo I will declare my final total at £280 and my July target will be the same - £280

I'll try and catch up with the July thread now - can't believe there are almost 400 posts already. Shows how much everyone needs to cut back the grocery spend.

Best of luck everyone, Kitty
    :xmastree:
    Merry Christmas
  • I'm declaring at 93.61 for June (target 95.00), and will be trying to hit the same target in July.
  • Mollymop5
    Mollymop5 Posts: 2,095 Forumite
    Hmmm June total £220.50

July budget £200 please
    lost my way but now I'm back ! roll on 2013
    spc member 72

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I don't think that I joined in before but my budget was £110 and I spent £80.

The saved £30 looks like it will have to be used tonight for shopping as I don't get paid until tomorrow :mad:

Will try £100 for July that is budget for food and cleaning products.

Alcohol etc comes from personal budgets.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family