June 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 211.1K views

Replies

• BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Hey Guys...the July thread is well under way if you'd care to join us there:p

You'd better say yes, cuz I desperately need my keista kikkin to get me meal planning:eek:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• mr_and_mrs_tmr_and_mrs_t Forumite
    112 Posts
    Hi all bit late but for june grocery challenge we spend £248.53, under budget for 1st time:j so maybe I can do better in JUly......

Regards, Mr and mrs t
  • TheBeesTheBees Forumite
    601 Posts
    Mrs M,

We came in on Budget £350!

Please put us down for £340 for July.

The Bees
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • debbymdebbym Forumite
    460 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks to Mr T's clubcard points and some moneyoff vouchers we made it just under budget.
    £388.98 for June
    £400 again for July
  • BrassicBrassic Forumite
    557 Posts
    Hello! I'm really pleased - I've come the closest I have for ages!!
    June total is £387.80 - only 37 pound over.
    Same budget for July please - £350. I WILL make it this month!
    Debts @ lightbulb moment (13/06/2006) - £59,842.23 :eek: All commercial debts now clear!!! :T Debts April - £20,000 to family (incl extra £10k borrowed for house deposit). DFD - Aug 2014
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Goal of the month - £500 on groceries for family of 5 - Apr 2011 - £620! :( May - £454.85 so far.
  • I nearly made it - just over £10 over!

• Doris33Doris33 Forumite
    4 Posts
    Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. Was just looking at the site as I'm broke and need to cut down so I was looking for some advice. You lot sound amazing. I was planning to cut down my grocery shopping as I always seem to throw food away at the end of the week. I travel a lot with work so I only need food for the few days a week when I'm at home. Inspired by how little everyone else is planning to spend, I'm going to try to spend £50 from today until the end of July on groceries. OMG, can't belief I'm just about to post this! Help!
  • belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Doris

Come on over to the July thread and get yourself added to the list - the July grocery challenge will be right at the top of the oldstyle page :)

And welcome!

• skintscotslassskintscotslass Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    declaring June's total at £98.82. Yey!!
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doris33 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. Was just looking at the site as I'm broke and need to cut down so I was looking for some advice. You lot sound amazing. I was planning to cut down my grocery shopping as I always seem to throw food away at the end of the week. I travel a lot with work so I only need food for the few days a week when I'm at home. Inspired by how little everyone else is planning to spend, I'm going to try to spend £50 from today until the end of July on groceries. OMG, can't belief I'm just about to post this! Help!

Hi Doris, you will find loads of help on this thread, but we are all on the July thread now - follow this link to join us http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1001527

If you want to set yourself a budget, just put it in red and then AngelNikki can pick it up and add it to the list. Look forward to seeing you there...
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour