PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Anitaj73
    Anitaj73 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    OMG just finished the Twinks Hobnobs and OMG :eek: they are sooooooooooo gorgeous i can't get enough of them :rotfl: .....I just know i am going to have to hide these too :rotfl: my nearly 2 yearold DD likes them so i hope the boys will too when they get home from school :D
    Big baking confidence boost :T
    May GC £350/ spent so far

family life = 2 adults DS x3 & DD1 + dog :)
  • vickster0304
    vickster0304 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Just been to Lidl and spent £41.24 plus £22 on Saturday as we had friends staying until Sunday.
    June GC No budget. Spent £166.83
    Mortgage £128,615 (June 2008)
    Over paying mortgage from Aug 08 by £124 per month.

I just want to save money
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have made the lentil cottage pie and from the little bit I sampled it tastes lovely!:j I halved the amounts and still had enough to do 6 individual sized dish fulls. I am having it tonight for tea with some leftover roasted buttenut squash and sweet potato from the freezer. I might have a bit of cheese on top too!
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Confused_Newbie
    Options
    Brassic wrote: »
    Just had a thought - Mr Brassic and I like a glass of wine with our meal - since we rarely go out we think it's ok, but it does take up a large part of our shopping total a month. I was considering Home Brewing, a quick check of the internet seems to think you can make wine for 75p a bottle which sounds fab. Just wondering if anyone else does it and if you need cast iron innards to survive it? :)

TIA
    Brassic

I remember my dad doing this a few years ago and being incredibly proud of himself. Wine was lovely and the more we complimented the prouder he got bless...............until we started being sick! :rotfl: It was like rocket fuel! He vowed never again!! Lol
    June £10 A Day Challenge - £0/£150.00
    June Grocery Challenge - £57.47/£200.00
  • mama67
    mama67 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    Here you go http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=11127189&postcount=1965 thats for millies cookies. It doesnt say how much to put on the baking tray but i put a teaspoon of mixture as one blob as they expand when being cooked. They are loverly and i also make 2 batches :rotfl:
    Hi, it really depends on the size of your baking tray at ome i get 12 at school I only get 8.
    My self & hubby; 2 sons (28 & 25). Now also a daughter (36). Eldest son has his own house with partner & her 2 children (10 & 8)
    Youngest looking to buy a house end of 2024.
    Daughter married with 3 boys (11, 8 & 4).
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to say Carnation now also sell Carnation Caramel- basically the condensed milk that has been caramelised already. I bought one a few weeks ago although not tried it yet- might be a time saver though :D
    BANOFFEE PIE

For the Base
    100g(3.5 oz) butter, melted
    250g(9oz) digestive biscuits (always buy value ones can't tell the diff)

For the Caramel
    100g(3.50z) butter
    100g(3.5oz) dark brown soft sugar (have used other)
    397g can carnation condensed milk (thought I'd better state brand as I've pinched their recipe!! LOL)

Topping
    4 small bananas (or whatever!)
    284ml carton double cream
    cocoa powder for dusting

You will also need
    20cm (8in) loose bottomed cake tin, greased and base lined

Method
    1. to make base, crush/process biscuits until like fine crumbs (I stick them in a plastic bag and bash them with rolling pin -ooh gets rid of all my aggression). stir in melted butter. press into tin. Chill the base while you get on with rest.
    2. To make filling, place butter and sugar into a non-stick pan over a low heat, stirring until butter is melted and sugar dissolves. Add condensed milk and bring to a gentle boil stirring continuously to make the caramel. As soon as it thickens, remove from heat and spread over biscuit base, cool and then leave to chill in fridge for about 1 hour, until firm.

To serve remove pie from tin,and onto serving plate, slice bananas and place on top, softly whip cream and put over bananas. Dust with cocoa. Iknow the calorific value per slice if anyone is (not!) interested, but it's not pretty. Prob best not knowing!!!!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• superspam
    superspam Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Just popped in to update my spend as haven't been on here for a while. The total came to £75.37 :eek: oops, better tighten the belt for the rest of the month!
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    :T :T .... I drive my hubby nuts with my obsession with symetry :rotfl: .. he even moves things on purpose to see how long it takes me to notice :eek: ..usually about 2 mins before im leaping off the sofa to put stuff straight again :o i just get so restless and twitchy when things are out of line :rolleyes: ..im trying to beat it though as it even annoys me :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Do you remember the film 'Sleeping with the Enemy' with Julia Roberts, and she comes home to the tins all lined up in the cupboard and the tea towels all nice and neat?.... I drive all mine mad - I have to go and put everything straight after DS has emptied the dishwasher for me - he just chucks them in... given up trying not to now, can't teach an old dog new tricks...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Do you remember the film 'Sleeping with the Enemy' with Julia Roberts, and she comes home to the tins all lined up in the cupboard and the tea towels all nice and neat?.... I drive all mine mad - I have to go and put everything straight after DS has emptied the dishwasher for me - he just chucks them in... given up trying not to now, can't teach an old dog new tricks...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:o
    Would you like to share a house? and let the hubbies share the other house? :rotfl: .... my biggest irritation has to be the tea/coffee/sugar jars being out of line and not pushed back against the wall...ooooohh and the kettle handle not being to the right -and in line with said wall :o
    Oh and i have all my tins faced up too... and even find myself twisting them to the front on supermarket shelves :rotfl: mind i think that bit comes from when i used to shelf stack :p
    Its weired ..a lot of it im not actually aware that im doing...i just walk past things and put them back into place as i pass :eek:
    mind we are talking about someone who makes pasta salads/stir fries etc and then sorts them back into little piles of peas, peppers etc on her plate as she eats :rotfl:
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    taplady wrote: »
    I have made the lentil cottage pie and from the little bit I sampled it tastes lovely!:j I halved the amounts and still had enough to do 6 individual sized dish fulls. I am having it tonight for tea with some leftover roasted buttenut squash and sweet potato from the freezer. I might have a bit of cheese on top too!

lentil cottage pie? recipe please:D :D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure