My own diary to keep me on track

in Debt Free Diaries
172 replies 7.2K views

Replies

• natsplatnatnatsplatnat Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh free cigarettes - I could do with some of those. Have got my cigarette consumption down from 1 pack a day (obviously 7 a week) to making 3 packs last me a week! Just think of the health benefits!!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • angie_babyangie_baby Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Im kinda looking forward to Jan too. Same reasons. But i do have DS birthday! He knows there wont be a party this year but he can have a few mates round for a sleepover. Thought movies and pizza night would be quite cheap. Oh and a bottle of wine for my sanity.

Getting free ciggs was great, but there so strong! So will def help with me cutting down.

Having a quite a good day at work, got in a load of money so means everyone will get paid on time as well as the VAT which means I wont have to do so much work when im off at home.

Not feeling to bad, but just realised i havent planned any money for a TV. Does anyone think that i could claim off of my home insurance? Even though i dropped it? Will have to give them a call tonight if i can.
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Angie - you should be able to if you've got accidental cover.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Cant get throght to insurance, im sure ive got addicdent cover, but cant find original paper work, will have to call on Monday.

Lots to do today indoors, which is good as its raining and windy. Did get invited out today the cinema, but had to say no. Really want to save the little money i have left for when im off for 2 weeks with munchkin. Selfish, but i really want to take him up to hyde park one evening and lots of other little bits over the holiday.

Should be a NSD as we are not going out today, lots of cooking to be done though and only one slow cooker. Ham Knuckle has been soaking overnight so am going to put that onto boil soon. Time for a list me thinks

Boil Ham
    At leat oneloaf of bread
    Twinks hobnobs - might swap for mince pies, but need to make pastry
    Finsh off pea and ham soup - batch and freeze
    Finsh tidying kitchen and living room - dust / hover
    Take washing out sort / fold whatever
    More washing!
    Bathroom
    Start on DS room as i dont think father christmas could even get in there.
    Meal Plan as far as poss without doing a major shop

I think im gonna need a rest after that lot but i do need to get the freezer filled back up with HM goodies again. Plus its using what ive got in so a very MS day!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    oh my god, i love my dad. He has just bought round a telly! Its only a cheap 2nd hand one he said - like i care!

X Factor here i come!!!! Ok a few hours yet, but the popcorn will be at the ready.

DS is now happily watching cbbc chanel!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    angie_baby wrote: »
    Boil Ham:mad:
    At leat oneloaf of bread
    Twinks hobnobs - might swap for mince pies, but need to make pastry - had mince pies
    Finsh off pea and ham soup - batch and freeze:mad:
    Finsh tidying kitchen and living room - dust / hover
    Take washing out sort / fold whatever
    More washing!
    Bathroom
    Start on DS room as i dont think father christmas could even get in there.
    Meal Plan as far as poss without doing a major shop

Well hasnt very impressed with the ham knuckle it was def off. Never mind, i know now not to use that butchers again for pork.

Havent done the bathroom yet or DS room but can crack on with those tomorrow.

Had stew for dinner and have got 2 extra portions in the frezzer so had an ok day in the kitchen. Going to finsh watching x factor and go through xmas pressies, list and sort out anything else i need. Might wrap a few too.

Also a NSD, but will need to spend a little bit tomorrow on fruit and milk for DS.
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Angie!! Is it still great having a TV??? Did you manage to finish watching all the bits you wanted to catch up on?
    You have definitely got me in the mood for ham and pea soup - I am going to be a cooking demon between crimbo and New Year!! Our freezer will be full!!

Have a great week,

Nat
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ya,

Must admit i enjoyed catching up with dead enders on Sunday.

Week is not really going to plan, the train was cancelled yesterday and there is only 1 an hour so ended up getting cab into work. £15 i didnt have. I really need to start catching the 7.12 train.

BUT only 3 days now until i finish work! I am so looking forward to it!
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh - 3 days until no more work for crimbo!!!

I have tomorrow off work to go crimbo shopping and then I am here again, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Mon and Tues!! So only 5 days for me!!

07:12 seems really early to catch a train - I would cry!! I am usually still asleep at that time (even though I start work at 8!!) - its only a 15 minute drive and I have discovered that if I don't give myself a lot of time in the morning to dawdle then I am usually on time (if I have too much spare time I start finding things to do, lose track of time and end up late!!)

I'm not a huge fan of trains - when I was at Uni I used to get the train home to my parents every now and then for the weekend. On more than one occaision they ballsed up the times so much that I missed the last connecting train back to Uni. After many letter writings, the gist I got from the train company was that you can buy a ticket from A to B, but it doesn't mean that you will necessarily make it!! Hmph!

Have a great evening - I am off to write the rest of my cards and all the other bits I listed on my diary earlier!!

Nat
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Quick post,

Late start today its DS play, so i have managed to get the morning off to go see it, so has my dad so i will have one happy little boy today. Let just hope i dont cry, im such a soppy mare at times.

But means i dont have to get the train to work as i can get a life from my dad. Its great working with him at times. So saved £2.40.

Money is kinda going to plan, only bought milk so far. Only have £15 until Friday though cause of the mess up in getting to work on Monday.

Im on count down mode now, 2 days :j

Shame its going to be mega busy at work, still have a VAT return to prep before i go. I can see me having to go in 1 or 2 days over the xmas hols. Still the money would be good.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News