My own diary to keep me on track

in Debt Free Diaries
172 replies 7.2K views

Replies

• angie_babyangie_baby Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the day did kinda get better, lol. DS is fine, the last time the speech therapist saw him she thought that he might have a hole in the palet. He has been checked out today and hasnt. I didnt think he did, but glad i went to double check.

If anyones reading this, im thinking of moving jobs asap as i really need a new start, but i read in an earlier thread that someone wouldnt leave there job now, even if they wernt getting on there, would anyone else change there job in the current climate. The jobs im looking for are an accounts assistant (bad i know! I shouldnt be in the debt im in)
  • natsplatnatnatsplatnat Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning Angie!

Glad everything ok with DS!:beer:

I'm not too sure if now is a good time to change jobs. The way I see it if you go somewhere new and things get bad, if they operate a 'last in first to go' policy, then you may end up having to go! I think I might be tempted to stay where I am for now - any job has got to be better than none!!?

Nat x
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Nats

Im not to sure about moving jobs at the moment either. But i dont want to be stuck where i am for the next two years either. Ive sent of a few CV's so will see what happens on that.

Bloodly credit crunch!
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Angie!

Just dropped by to wish you a good weekend!!

:beer:
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Havent updated for a while, will update Dec budget later tonight.

But, i have a job interview today! Ive never had an interview so i am just going to see it as experience. Will have to leave work early, but i think it needs to be done. I just need to stay away from the shops in London.

Didnt spend too much over the weekend, did spend £30 that i hadnt budgeted for on Friday night, but i hadnt been out for so long i think i deserved it, also another £18 on a shirt for today. And also a bit of xmas shopping.

Will be back later to post budget for Dec, its bloody tight!
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning Angie!

How did the interview go?
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hey nats

Interview wasnt too sad, could of gone better, i was so nervous! But it is good experience. Going to send off a few more CV's to see what else is out there.

Still havent managed to post Dec budget, will do tonight, have half a bottle of wine in the fridge so am going to chill out once DS is in bed.

Finally the new carpet, that i ordered before LBM, has arrived, so need to start clearing the living room and pursuade Dad to come round tomorrow to lay it. I might even try myself.

Also popped into woolies and bought DS some lego bits he wanted as they had 20% off. Havent found them cheaper anywhere else. Feel a bit better now the christmas pile is growing.

Also ordered my turkey and gammon join for xmas today, put down a £20 deposit too.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS

:xmastree: :xmassmile :snow_laug :santa2: :snow_grin :xmassign: :rudolf:
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Havent been around much, had a massive mirgrane on Friday, havent had one for months it really took me off my feet. My dad had to take me home early on Friday so my hours are already down by 5. Need to catch up before the 19th when i finish. I cant wait, havent managed to have a week off this year. Dont need to come back into work until the 5th! Will still need to login and check the banks but i can do that from home early in the morning.

Had a little bit of a problem over the weekend. The carpet i ordered for the living room came on friday, so i was going to fit it, moved all the stuff out, then went to pick the tv up and move it and managed to drop the bloodly thing. So i really need to get a new one before xmas, DS is not impressed at having no telly. But its all just more money, going to have a look on freecycle if theres nothing there then i may just pick up a cheap one from argos for £50.

Budget is already screwed. I did think this would happen this month, as much as i love xmas its killing me. Have a trip planned to harrods with DS and his mate and mum. last year it was great, had a meal in planet hollywood with tesco vouchers, and even then it cost a fortune. This year i have none, i just hope my mate understands that i am skint this year and i cant cover everything.

Need to really look at my bank account when i get home and get back into the swing of things.

Oh well, i will get there..... sometime :o
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Angie!

Sorry to here you've not been too great and you dropped the telly!:rolleyes: Keep looking on freecycle - have you posted a 'wanted'? My friend got a fridge by posting a want, and she had been on the look out on there for ages!

I hope you enjoy your trip to London! Have you spoken to your mate about being skint? You may find that she/he is also worried a bit about the cost and you may come up with some ideas between you to make it more cost effective!

Hope you have a good day today and the rest of the week goes smoothly for you! (don't forget to try haggling in the shops!! :rotfl: )

ps, You will get there, its just that sometimes the road is a little longer than you thought!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Have no money, havent a clue how its gone so wrong so quick this month. :confused:

I still need to get some bits for my Dad and his GF. Havent managed to buy anything for them yet. :o

Am hoping to get by until the 19th without doing a food shop, only need milk and some fresh fruit. Will prob get these today while im at work. Will be a week of HM soups me thinks. Also only porridge or rice krispie knock offs for breakie. I must get some bread on overnight for DS lunches as he doesnt want soup or hot food anymore as he wants to be normal :eek: :rotfl:Kids at school have been teasing i think, doesnt help his fav is pea and ham - doesnt look the nicest. Tried explaining he came from me, hes never gonna be normal! And being normal is no fun! :p

Havent had much luck with a telly yet, if ive got no where by the weekend with freecycle i will buy a cheapie one for over xmas - not sure where the funds will come for this. :confused: But i will get there!

Oh and to top it off i wasnt organized this morning and forgot my lunch - !!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides