in Debt Free Diaries
172 replies 7.2K views

Replies

• angie_babyangie_baby Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    God, i feel like im cracking up.

DS had a bad day, going nuts everytime someone sat near him or bumped into him. There is no way i can ask for the July holiday now.

I feel like throwing everything in at the moment. I got home to find all the kids in the communal garden with a new paddling pool and slide, which peed me off, esp when one of the mums said 'oh yeah, weve been here all day, we didnt get up til late so 'm' didnt go to school'!!! It shouldnt wind me up but it does, esp with he holiday being declined, kids will all be out til 10-11 tonight now.

I just feel like im rubbish, DS cant/wont behave at school, work is driving me mad, all i can hear is kids playing, ive got no money, and no bleeding holiday to look forward to. I just want to scream
  • kikakika Forumite
    656 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    You're not rubbish, you know that you're doing well under difficult circumstances. Scream if it makes you feel better. At least you're dealing with your debts and things will get better. You're not alone on here. Off topic but I'm interested in your son. My eldest was statemented and even thinking about schools has put my blood pressure up, does he need more support?
    long haul no 65:sad:
    Official DFW nerd no 783
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • kikakika Forumite
    656 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    :hello: How are you?
    long haul no 65:sad:
    Official DFW nerd no 783
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    :o OK - I have seriously messed up! I have managed to rack up about 3k of debt since i last posted. And have f all to show for it. We didnt even get a holiday this year, I cant believe i have done this yet again.
    My lightbulb moment - again was today when i went to the cash point and realised im already at my overdraft limit - i still need to get to work / some food / and £100 for childcare for the rest of the month. And i havent made 2 payments. Im going to start this diary again as it made me feel good about tackling my debts, plus if i need it i hope someone wil shout at me and tell me i dont need it (i know i should be old enough to do this myself by now)

New SOA

Money in

Wages £1300
    CTC £388 (£97 weekly, every friday)
    CB £75

TOTAL £1763 :eek:

Money Out

Rent £450
    CT £97
    Gas £40
    Elec £40
    BT £37
    Home Ins £11
    Cat Ins £11
    DWP £10
    Books £12
    Dad £100 - need to pay him at least this - owe a total of £600 still
    Food £100
    DS £100 - this is his larting hobby - costs a flippin fortune
    Travel £50
    Childcare £200 - month with no holidays - £50 per week term time - £125 per week on hols - august is bad usually around £625

This should leave £605 for my debts / living / everything else.

This is the scary bit

Debts in order of APR

Vanquis £1251
    Next £1351
    G uni £1201
    HSBC £2011
    Cap 1 £500
    Argos £457

TOTALS £4760 - oh f**k - i didnt quite realise it was that much.

I need to start getting these paid - plus obvious that christmas is coming very soon!!!

I just cant believe ive done this, i dont even have much to show for this except a new bed. I feel so stupid ive let things go.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Money as off today.

Account stands at £540.11 o/d

CT on Fri £97
    C/C on Fri £50

Account should stand at £493.11

I have £25.40 to last until the 28th which is payday :j

I need £2.40 a day to get to work £14.40

Leaves £11 for any emergencies - this should be a fun week!

I have done my meal plans and DS lunch plans so should only need milk / fruit / eggs

Looks like i wont be having a bottle of wine on Friday though - never mind.

Also have enough flour / yeast for bread maker so will make a loaf and some rolls for the frezzer and maybe some fruit toast for breakie. Also need to make up some cakes or something like that for DS lunches, in fact i think i will make some of twinks hobnobs.

I must bring myself some lunch in though - which i didnt today. And i havent had my breakie either. Opps - going to raid the office buiscuits and have a glass of milk in a mo.

For some reason even though i have all this debt and no money im feeling good. :j
  • natsplatnatnatsplatnat Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Angie!!!

Just a quick note to lend you some support!!!

I had my 'lightbulb moment' last night!! I went to the cash point on my way home from work and it said I caould have the money for a £25-00 charge. I thought 'this has got to stop!' and went without. I only wanted a tenner!

So, I sat down last night and filled in the Personal Budget Plan that HSBC send me when I recently applied for my back charges back (£2239-00). My total debt is currently standing at £18225.12!! :eek: Ouch!! The surprising thing was that I thought I was quite carefull with money and most of it went on repayments etc. Actually I waste more money each month than I realised! So - things are going to change - from today! I am going to start being proactive about my debts and take my head out the sand!

I have a to do list this evening -

1) Transfer my Egg card balance to something with a interest rate lower than 17.9% !!

2) See if Egg would consider lowering my loan interest from the 7.86% it is at the moment (expiry date May 2011)

3) Work out how much money I have for the next week (I get paid weekly on a Frday) after I have paid Egg Money their usual £100-00 and an extra £45-00 to put me back under my limit with them.

4) Not be sooo mad at myself as I was last night when I realised things had got this far as I have never managed to manage my money!

I think that is enough for one evening! If I do tooo much I know I will suffer from blow out and quickly lose interest!

So, just to say I am with you and we can do it!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks natsplatnat. :beer: We Will Do It!!!

Im so mad at myself, got everything close to 1500 and then just went mad for a while. I dont even have to much to show for it.

Im forever making lists but i think my problem is i put to much on an then feel overwhelmed by it all.

Tonight, i need to,

1. Try and meal plan December - work out xmas food budget
    2. Do quidco / pigsback etc
    3. Wash DS PE Kit for tomorrows lesson
    4. Play a game of chess with DS - this could last hours :rotfl:
    5. Work out min repayments for December only

I also need to get moving on making up some reindeer dust / pots of gold and snowman soups for xmas. This is saving me money on gifts for work people and the kids where we live. Im only doing the reindeer dust for DS and his best mate who lives opposite - thought they could go out on xmas eve do it together in the garden.
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Angie, could I trouble you for some info?

I keep hearing people on about clicking on quidco at lunchtime etc? What is this all about?

I will do my 'to do list' on the proviso you do yours too!! Deal? Will report back tomorrow!!

Ps, reindeer dust?
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=978759&highlight=quidco

this is the link for quidco no spend offers. It is a cash back site - just sign up and follow the links on here to start with. Also if buying anything online go to quidco first and check if the store you use is on there, then just click though to the store. There are loads out there - i use quidco / pigsback / top cash back and greasy palm. I can PM you some links later. I changed home insurance this year and got £68 cash back for going with asda. There are loads of other threads on here that help as well. Ive been with quidco for 18 months roughly and earnt about 450 quid!!!

Reindeer dust is another thing i got from here. Its basicaly oats / coloured sugar in a little bag for the kids to go out and spread in the garden on xmas eve so santa and his reindeer can see where you live! Poem I copied from another thread earlier

Magical Reindeer Dust

It has once been said,
    That right before you go to bed.
    You should sprinkle magic reindeer food,
    To quickly bring Santa and his brood.
    For many years the legend has been told,
    To boys and girls, both young and old,
    Sprinkle the food throughout your garden,
    Then finding your house won’t be so hard!
    The reindeer can smell the food for 100 miles,
    Just do not leave it in big piles!
    After you do this you must go to sleep very fast,
    So Santa and his reindeer will not pass!

The only bad thing about this site is that its so addictive - thank god the boss isnt here today, lol!
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    CHEERS:beer: for the quidco info! I am still finding my way round the site, so all help is gratefulyl received - especially when it comes to free cash! Guess what I will be doing at lunchtime from now on?

You are an absolute star :A and I love the reindeer dust! A must for my step-son I think!

Yes this site is madly addictive! But knowing that there are other people out there seems to make eveything just a little better!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals