PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

HM Burgers!

Comments

• anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    taplady wrote:
    doesnt sound too difficult.Would it be ok to cook them in the george foreman? :think:
    I've only ever cooked mine in the George Foreman, I've never tried to cook them any other way.

We all love homemade burgers, normally mine are just minced beef with onion (maybe a splash of tomato sauce) or lamb mince with chopped mint.

I never thought of using my burger-maker for fishcakes, we had them tonight and they were yummy so I'm going to try that next time!
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • Step by step instructions for making homemade burgers complete with pictures! : http://www.jamiesdinners.com/unleash/cook/pdfs/menu_5_method.pdf
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    I made some burgers with pork sausage meat

I add a couple of chopped tomatoes, an onion, salt pepper, some chopped bacon and a little bit of brie or goats cheese and bind with an egg

YUM
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • I made burgers too! (Ive never made them before) beef mince, onion, mushroom, garlic,and a little soy sauce, beaten egg , breadcrumbs and dried mixed herbs. Chilled in fridge for 10 mins. Cooked in the oven (added a splash of lemon juice just before they are done) Had on a bun with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Absolutely yum.
    Even fussy OH liked them. Have frozen some as there were too many. Worked out very economical too. :T
  • scuzz wrote:
    I made some burgers with pork sausage meat

I add a couple of chopped tomatoes, an onion, salt pepper, some chopped bacon and a little bit of brie or goats cheese and bind with an egg

YUM

That does sound nice - I have 250g of pork mince left in the freezer so willl give it a go sometime. Just polished off 2 bowls of Nigel Slaters pork meatballs/ mini burgers in chicken broth (instructions here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=887017&postcount=17 ) and if you like spicy, savoury food you must try this it really is one of my all time favourite meals! Much nicer with the burgers/balls served in a bowl of steaming hot chicken stock with chopped slices of chilli (don't have to eat them, just adds flavour), chopped fresh coriander and crushed lemon grass stalks (again don't eat these, they are there for flavour) - I didn't have any mint but it's fine without. yummy! :)
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • apple_mint
    apple_mint Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This thread inspired me ....

... last night for tea - home made pork burgers. Pork mince, mixed with dried sage & onion mix, lightly fried chopped onions, beaten egg, mixed herbs and some dried chilli flakes. Formed into burgers, placed on a plate and chilled in the freezer for half an hour. Gently fried in olive oil and served with roast butternut squash and broad beans. Absolutely gorgeous!

I just looked in the cupboard to see what I could add to the mix.
    Enjoying an MSE OS life :D
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    i make burgers for my little monster with meat and veggies and fruit.......grate apple, onion, carrot and potato very finely and add to mince [with or without egg] he loves them, and so do we.
  • How about making home made buns to go with your burgers? We done that the other day, mmmmm... :drool: . Also made hm coleslaw! Honestly, why did we never do it before?? :D
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • tattoo_3
    tattoo_3 Posts: 46 Forumite
    I would like to make my own home made burgers. I'm going to use the easy meatball mix from the recipe thread. My question is, do i need a burger press thingy to make the burgers stay together and be nice and "pressed" or if I just mould them with my hands will they fall apart??

thanks

tattoo
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    I use a press, but only cos I tend to use more if I hand press them.

And the kids eat them cos they look more like burgers!

And I find the press more fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport