PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Easy, cheap Vegetarian recipes?

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Fairy_dust
    Options
    I love vegetable fajitas using aubergine, courgette, peppers, onions, mushrooms & broccoli. There has to be grated cheese on top and also have salsa, guacamole and sour cream.......maybe not so good for weight loss :).

You could use the remainder of the courgette, aubergine, peppers and onion along with tomatoes and garlic to make Ratatouille. That is low fat & healthy.

Mushroom Risotto is something else that I like to have now and again.
    52 Week Challenge £15/£1378
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    Use the low fat Fromage Frais instead of sour cream - ups the protein and has no fat worth bothering about and has no added anything (the sugar in the nutrition here is lactose) and tastes just as good.http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=263279843
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ive merged this with our veggie dinners thread. Can I also point you towards our complete veggie collection?

thanks
    Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• kittendothroar
    Options
    This recipe looks nice, do you get the more obscure ingredients from the chinese supermarket?

I think some you find in the world food aisle in a supermarket but if not then definitely an oriental store will have everything you need...and more!
    I love food, hate waste and have a penchant for sparkly things ::D

Trying to find a work life balance...:rotfl:
  • gulcin
    Options
    Ingredients for 4 servings

80 g Oatmeal
    1 pinch of salt
    850 ml of soup
    1 pcs onion
    120 g cream cheese with herbs

Preparation

Peel onions and cut them into fine pieces. Lightly roast in a pot without fat. Add oatmeal and roast briefly.
    Fill up with the soup, salt, bring to a boil and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes.
    Mix the soup with the cream cheese just before eating.
  • gulcin
    Options
    Ingredients for 4 servings

80 g Oatmeal
    1 pinch of salt
    850 ml of soup
    1 pcs onion
    120 g cream cheese with herbs

Preparation

Peel onions and cut them into fine pieces. Lightly roast in a pot without fat. Add oatmeal and roast briefly.
    Fill up with the soup, salt, bring to a boil and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes.
    Mix the soup with the cream cheese just before eating.
  • Just_Passing_Bi
    Options
    Can someone offer a (simple) stew & dumplings recipe and instructions please? (1st attempt) :o:o

I need to cook 2, 1 meat :cool: 1 veggie :(
    I'm hopeless with technology, in addition, I suffer with MH issues, what may appear simple, I struggle with, may I ask, please be patient, thank you
  • Lance_De_Boils
    Options

I made this and was surprised at how good it was.
  • augo123
    augo123 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 2 years now and these are my fail safe recipes:

Courgette lasagne - bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4716/creamy-courgette-lasagne - this one is a hit for having friends over

Kidney bean chilli

Curry - I love a sweet potato and black bean, or try quinoa, spinach and squash!

If all else fails, whatever veg you can find mixed with chickpeas or a bean or your choice. Always saves pennies and tastes amazing as long as you put in the right spices!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure