Is Welcome Finance going bust?

Comments

• Interesting things have happened to me today in the world of Welcome finance

I just had a call to say that of the £942 charges they applied to my account over the past 3.5 years they agree that they are high and have agreed to reimburse me £475 but they would not confirm that in writing - only by sending me out a new final balance payment if I agree to pay in full by the 17th March

I am now awaiting for my SAR and my part 77 consumer credit act letters to arrive on their doorstep by tomorrow for the next step in the process.
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's always fishy if they won't put it in writing, in other words, they'll probably take your money and not honour their part.
  • Thats good remember "protect and survive"your finances lol
  • I had great pleasure;
    Going into my local branch today and serving in person a writ to welcome.
    The managers face was a picture of doom!!
    she screeched at me "you cant do this"
    i said "i can and i have its my legal right ask any solicitor"
    then just walked out.:beer:
    now i will wait for a response with baited breath.
  • GINA_2
    GINA_2 Posts: 79 Forumite
    hi All I mailed to Welcome finance back in december after they called one DARK night and I would not ansewer the door, I ask the monkey to post my CCA through the door and he said no.
    Next day I rang and he swore at me telling me I'd wasted his time.:T
    Next day son noticed our gate was kicked OUTwards, so I wrote to WF and demanded my CCA with £1 postal order in December and again in January, still no reply so sent all my docs and receipts photo copied to Trading Standards.
    How do I stand? please help me
    GINA
  • GINA_2
    GINA_2 Posts: 79 Forumite
    GINA wrote: »
    hi All I mailed to Welcome finance back in december after they called one DARK night and I would not ansewer the door, I ask the monkey to post my CCA through the door and he said no.
    Next day I rang and he swore at me telling me I'd wasted his time.:T
    Next day son noticed our gate was kicked OUTwards, so I wrote to WF and demanded my CCA with £1 postal order in December and again in January, still no reply so sent all my docs and receipts photo copied to Trading Standards.
    How do I stand? please help me
    GINA

Just had a call from trading standards
    stated that the best thing that can happen to Welcome finance is that they will go bust
  • Sol00
    That's interesting Gina, maybe they're getting a lot of complaints at the moment with Welcome's desperation to get cash. :)
  • Sol00
    I had great pleasure;
    Going into my local branch today and serving in person a writ to welcome.
    The managers face was a picture of doom!!
    she screeched at me "you cant do this"
    i said "i can and i have its my legal right ask any solicitor"
    then just walked out.:beer:
    now i will wait for a response with baited breath.

What problems have you been having with Welscum?
  • Went to my local branch today and got my letter saying that they agree to remove 50% of my charges as a good will gesture but could not get a letter that gave me my final balance.

They said that would be in the post so I did not pay my full balance.

They also gave me a copy of my agreement which was nto a copy of the original but that of a secondary one that was taken out to remove the insurance that i demanded they take of at the begining of this agreement,

Low and behold there was a £293 insurance charge on the agreement!

Although this had been added i had not ticked the box to agree to the insurance so I have cone through complaints and i am awaiting a response.

I also noticed that the agreement has something very weird on it that I should possibly have noticed.

The total amount of the loan for a car was £8800 - I paid a £690 deposit which had just been added to the price of the car!!!!!!

I am absolutely fuming

I asked for a copy of the original agreement but they could not give me it.......

Its one thing after another.

All I want to do is pay off my account in full - get rid of Welcome from my debt but without overpaying and having to fight for my money back - especially in todays climate
  • Sol00
    Dan 156 if they don't have your agreement, they can't enforce anything. Would you not be better sending a Subject Access Request instead? That way you'd get all the information they hold on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure