Aktiv Kapital (UK) - Who Are They?

Options

Comments

• ex_manager
    ex_manager Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    cloud09 wrote: »
    So now I have another letter from AK....I couldn't believe it when I opened it. They are practically begging now! So here goes:

Dear (my maiden name!)

We would like to offer you access to our new incentive programme called 'New Deal'...blah blah blah.
    I have two choices: I pay them £285.39 by 30 June 2011 and THEY PAY £1141.54 and will clear my account.
    Or I can choose from four other plans that require me to go onto their website to 'select which plan works' me.
    The letter then goes on to say 'it is important that you deal with your obligation as continued non-payment may result in your account being sent to a Debt Collection Agency'.

My first thought is...how can I pay £285.39 and the account be clear after they have sent me other letters threatening to send someone to my house for collection of the debt. Very strange!
    Secondly, an incentive scheme to pay off a debt sounds particularly dodgy to me.
    Thirdly, I haven't 'dealt with my obligation' as I have ignored all letters they have sent me.
    Fourthly, I thought AK were a debt collection agency so how can they send my account to a debt collection agency?? confused!

The debt, if it's owed, is at least 11 years old anyhow. Any ideas what to do next?? Thanks guys!:)

STOP

dont pay a penny.. your debt is stat barred which means they cant do sqwat all about it.
    the reason for the discount is to make it to go to be ture to be debt free.. thats cause you are ALREADY debt free.
    once a debt is 6 years old for the default date then its UNCOLLECTABLE.
    they will still say there pass to there legal team or field agents to scare u into paying.... DONT. tell them you know its stats barred and if you get another letter, or call. you will report them to OFCOM the OFT and watchdog.
    love to see them on watch dog again lol.
    and send them best wishes from pete, ex manager
  • ex_manager
    Options
    denise0502 wrote: »
    Hi

I have been receiving letters from Aktiv Kapital for the past 3 years all addressed to my maiden name. I have ignored them as I know it is a scam as I paid off all my debts in my maiden name 9 years ago. They have offered to reduce the debt on a number of occassions.
    Today however I have received another letter telling me they have passed it onto their field agent co-ordinator who will make arrangements to attend my premises. Now I am worried, what do I do.

ok lets start from the beginning. i was a manager there for 8 years, they got rid of me 2 years back. i will tell you your rightd,, and relax.
    first of all dont worry about field agents,, there not bayliffs.
    there a little old man they will ask you to sign a book each month with a fiver. but hay you dont even have to do that.
    call AK ask them when the debt was defaulted. i will lay money its over 6 years old.
    this means itf of your credit report and dont affect you anyway.
    then tell them if they call or write again your contact the OFT, OFCOM and watchdog. also get there name and time as half the accounts are not even noted and strangely enough there dialler loses calls... i wonder why!!! lol.
    if they do it again(send a letter or call) REPORT THEM.
    they might come out with a line where they say if you admit the debt the 6 years start again... A LIE.

dont pay, you not stopped to think why they offer big discounts... its because they know thay cant do anything and the only way to get customers to pay is to offer them unbelieveable figures.... to good to be true.

send my love to them.. Pete ex manager :)
  • ex_manager
    Options
    Craig_G wrote: »
    Hi Guys

My wife received a letter from Aktive Kapital advising her that she owes them approx £600, she did the normal thing (because the letter looks quite scary!) and rang them immediately to see what it was about. Apparently it is a debt with Kwik Fit from 1999?! She cant ever recall anything being taken out with Kwik Fit so unsure what this is all about. Needless to say she has denied all knowledge of this and even asked for proof of this because she doesnt know anything about it.

After she rang them she rang me about it and having searched google (and having found this thread as a result) I'm starting to wonder if she did the right thing by ringing them....I get the impression she should of perhaps ignored the letter because she genuinely doesn't know anything about it?

We both have a clean as a whistle credit history and I did a search yesterday just to make sure there wasn't anything untoward on there relating to Aktive Kapital / KwikFit and there isnt.

Sooo......what do you guys recommend now? Do we ignore any future correspondence or do we send a letter?

If we need to send a letter could someone advise me which one please....never had to deal with anything like this in the past!

Thanking you in advance.

Edit - Oh forgot to mention that AK offered to reduce the 'debt' to £250 if we paid it now
    Another edit - They wrote to her using her maiden name, if we have to send a letter does she sign it in her maiden name or married name?

Cheers

dont pay it mate. i was a manager there for 8 years.
    its a scam because your debt is stats barred. they cant tell you to pay for anything.
    ask when its defaulted. if 6 years from the creditor.. DONT PAY.
    they might pull out a line where they say, once you admit to the debt, the 6 years start again.. A LIE.

it dont. stop and ask yourself why they would offer such a big discount., its because they know they cant do anything about it. they just want the customer to thing its so good not to turn down.

call them and get the default date. if i am right ( i am :)) then tell them pete, ex manager sends his wishes and you will comtact OFT, OFCOM aqnd watchdog now :) happy days.
  • ex_manager
    Options
    ok people lets start from the beginning...

email me anything and i will let you know.

firstly lets start with letters.
    have you got a letter in your old name or at an old adddress, cool, then your debt is stat barred. believe me.
    call AK and ask them the default date, if 6 years old. YOU DONT HAVR TO PAY A PENNY.
    just say, you call me or send another letter. u will call watchdog, OFCOM and the OFT.

if they come out with a one liner where they say, the 6 years start again from admitted the debt.. ITS A LIE to scare you in to paying.. DONT

what a great discount... i must call and pay... DONT
    ever wondered why they offer such a good discount. its because they cant do anything to collect the debt, so they offer this to make it sound to go to be true. DONT PAY IT

im scared that field agents will call.....!!!!
    dont worry, this is one tactik all DCA's use. get the info above first, (find out the default date) then tell them that if they come round your call the OFT, OFCOM and watchdog.

believe me, there crap themself.
    and relax these are NOT bayliffs. there goner be a little old man with a book he will want you to sign each month with like a fiver. (RELAX)

getting calls at work, just ask them to stop. if they dont OFCOM can take there license .. call them.

we may take one of the following actions...!!!
    dont worry here. we MAY take... may is a great legal word companys use toi scare people. we may, we may not.....
    your always get 3 options.
    1. pass to our field agents
    2. pass to our legal team
    3. carry on collections... guess which one.... yep number 3
    another letter another call... boring you all now :)

and last but not lease, get the name of the collector you spoke to and the date and time.. believe me not all entrys are noted.. which means. did you really call in !!!! cause there goner say you didnt.

just send my love to AK.. pete ex manger
  • ex_manager
    Options
    Hello again :)

I have received another letter from Aktiv Kapital this morning offering me 35% discount on 'my debt', and are now asking me to pay £927.50 of the £1426.93 they say I owe.

I did not anticipate receiving a discount as I understood the first letter to be a 'pay up or else' situation.

Any suggestions on what to do next would be gratefully received.

Thanks! ;)

hi i will help.
    dont pay it.
    ask yourself why they have offered you this.
    i was a manager there a year or so back. i worked there for 8 years and know even scam they do.

call them and asked when the account went into default. its goner be over 6 years. (not when they were passed the account, the DEFAULT date from the orgi creditor)
    if its 6 years old, tell them if they send or call again your get them done by the OFT, OFCOM and watchdog.
    if its just under 6 years. just ignor them lol.. they cant do sqwat :)
  • ex_manager
    Options
    amberspy wrote: »
    do i send my prove it leters to bwc who are working on behalf of atkiv kapital or directly to ak ??
    thanks

hi mate. BCW.. Bucannon Clark and wells. based in Scoland, Bellhill of all places, i have a place there lol.

i worked at AK for 8 years as a manager, got fired over a year ago as they brought in all new managers. gone from 6.4million a month to 1.2.. shows u how good they are lol.

right, BCW are hard hitting and pushy. send the letter to both and tell them if they contact you again, your call OFCOM, OFT and watchdog.

BCW get passed are the crappy account AK cant be borthered to work.

just let me know if you need more advice. i have detailed files on how the coampy works
  • handyman123_2
    handyman123_2 Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    Options
    Hi exmanager, firstly thanks for your posts. I suppose there are some in these parts who won't take to kindly to your previous position with AK. It's my guess that you were probably a highly effective manager.

But I for one would like to say I can identify with Poacher Turned Gamekeeper (Literally). I also subscribe to the old adage Don't get Mad, Get Even.

I'ts always good to have an insiders view on how things work.
    I for one think you will have put a few folks minds at rest today.

Regards, Handy.:D

PS I hope you have now found an Honest Job :beer:
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.
  • ex_manager
    Options
    Hi exmanager, firstly thanks for your posts. I suppose there are some in these parts who won't take to kindly to your previous position with AK. It's my guess that you were probably a highly effective manager.

But I for one would like to say I can identify with Poacher Turned Gamekeeper (Literally). I also subscribe to the old adage Don't get Mad, Get Even.

I'ts always good to have an insiders view on how things work.
    I for one think you will have put a few folks minds at rest today.

Regards, Handy.:D

PS I hope you have now found an Honest Job :beer:

thank you handy.

Yes some of us were nice :)
    i am now working with a old employer of Thames/Ak. and its not collections.. however the money im earning is better and i have a company car. lol

needless to say, im still very good friends with staff at AK and they still tell me everything thats happening.
  • ex_manager
    Options
    I am a newbie to this forum having received a letter today from Aktiv Kapital and reading some of the threads posted regarding this company.

As a student, between 1997 and 2000, I had many credit accounts. Some of these I have paid off but cannot remember which ones (and haven't kept the paperwork as evidence as it was so long ago :(

In 2000 or 2001, I received several phone calls from Thames Credit regarding an unpaid overdraft with Barclays Bank. I do recall paying a couple of my student debts around this time and another around 2004, and pretty certain one of them was this overdraft (through debt collectors Cabot or Wescot Credit Services).

I have viewed my credit report a number of times over the last few years and no outstanding debt has appeared other than current creditors. I have not beeen behind on any payments for anything over the last few years.

Today, I receive a letter from Aktiv Kapital stating that I have an account with them from original company Barclays Bank with an outstanding balance of £1426.93. Whilst I recall having had a student account with Barclays Bank, I cannot recall if I have paid this debt or not. The letter also states they have found me through public databases and want me to call them to make arrangements for repayment. No other information is given other than the phone number and methods of payment accepted.

The account would have been opened between 1997 and 2000, and not accessed since. Other than the Thames Credit phone calls approximately 10 years ago, I have not had any correspondence regarding this debt.

I am now in a state of panic as my job is on the line and as it is, I struggle to get by on my earnings for paying other creditors, mortgage and general day by day living, with no social life at all. My husband has researched this company and says I should wait to see if I hear anyting else from Aktiv Kapital and then send the 6 year rule letter.

Some advice would be great as I don't want my husband getting caught up in my debt problems from days gone by especially when I am not sure if I have already paid this debt.

Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you!

Hi friend.

after reading this, lets just say there are nice people that worked there.

im pete, i worked at Thames/AK for 8 years as a manager.
    your account will be stat barred (over 6 years old from the default date) if its a BC or BB (barclay card or barcley account) believe me on that.

ring AK up, and ask when the default was.(by law thay have to give you this, so if they say they dont have this info... there LYING)
    (it will be over 6 years) tell them there is nothing they can do about it and it dont affect you at all and your credit report is fine.
    they might say that the 6 years starts from when you admit the debt.... this is a LIE. it dont.

let them know you want a letter that the matter is now closed and if they call or write again u will contact Watchdog, the OFT and OFCOM.

there stop..... believe me..

they might offer you a silly big discount to settle..... DONT.
    think why they would offer such a big discount..... its because they cant do nothing about it.

happy days, send my love to them.. pete the ex manager

anymore help, please let me know :)
  • ex_manager
    Options
    GeorgeUK wrote: »
    Wookiesgirl, if you have made no payment towards the debt or acknowledged it in writing then it will be statute barred. Stop worrying about this. They do have a right to try to collect the debt as technically it still exists, but they cannot enforce the debt - the most they can do is ask you to pay. Once you send them a SB letter, they are no longer allowed to even request payment from you. You have legislation behind you so please stop worrying about it.

CeeJayDee23, something else to bear in mind now that the debt is in dispute - under the ODT debt collection guidelines, a debt in dispute must not be passed on to another party, so you should not be hearing from anyone else until they supply you with the CCA.

hi i was a manager there for 8 years... a little bit of free advice... if the debt is 6 years old from the default you dont have to pay a penny.... no one in there right mind would send a letter is saying they put there hands up to the debt so all will be good there, and even if you say it is yours, (if you havent put it in writting and signed it) or they cant do sod all.

there is one line in the CCA that says once you have Acknowledge the debt the 6 years start again... this only means a DCA can call and send letters... NO ACTION can be taken and NOTHING will affect you or your credit report..... easy way around this. bar there number and give the dustman the letters :)

its a stupid line that the CCA has never taken out which debt comapnys pray on and try and use.... trust me, NOTHING can be done... your be super fine :)

all the best my friend... ex manager of Thames/AK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport