widescreen TVs for 49p!!!!! [CLOSED]

Replies

• nannaCnannaC Forumite
    469 Posts
    ✭✭
    Johntea wrote:
    But Argos corrected this on their website, then it appeared again on Homebase.

Somebody surely must have a screengrab of both sites showing the same price? Will make it a little harder to go 'Misprice' then!
    :confused:
    Does that mean pics of telly with price displayed, if so yes I printed them both off at time of ordering.
  • rchddap1rchddap1 Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    I missed the Argos one.....that'll teach me to go shopping Saturday mornings. To be brutally honest OH and I are expecting to have a chuckle later on in the week when we get the sorry, cancellation email or phone call. But for £5 its worth a shot....and we could do with a new TV
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • JohnteaJohntea Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm

*This item has not been price reduced

Could that help in the fight to get these? As that would seem to indicate this is the 'correct' price.
  • newfunk wrote:
    The star next to the 49p means -please note that this item has not been price reduced.....Ive printed a copy, and if they do not deliver, im gonna challenge them. as this star indicates that this is the correct price.....You have it in writing, and Im also sure if they have taken it from your account, that they have to honour it!!

I've ordered some earlier off the argos website and since been told off a solicitor that if they have taken the money from your bank account they have to honour it, which prompted me to take a trip to the bank to print a statement, and they have took the money.
  • Agree it is unlikely to be honoured - but even more so when people draw attention by ordering more than one at a time :mad: Spoiling the chances for everyone else as well as themselves :confused: Why be greedy - stick to one per order!!!
    [
  • toaster2 wrote:
    This just looks like a very 'cheap' publicity stunt- come on how stupid do they think we are, please!

Is it a coincidence that its bank holiday weekend? This ensures their respective website receive increased traffic, and you get to see more of their products!

The 'misprice' so low that everyone will just 'buy a ticket'- just for the hell of it. In doing this, GUS/Argos/Homebase our contact information- for us to receive very nice promotion material from them in the future :rolleyes: (if you do go for it make sure you tick the relevant no contact boxes!!)

When they feel like pulling the offer, they will just blanket cancel all the orders (very easy to do as it only regarding one cat number).

This is pretty low and sneaky, thumbs down!!

p.s. if anyone was thinking of buying from argos/homebase - see if you can source it elsewhere!!

I think the majority of us are just seeing this as a bit of fun, great if we get it but noones holding their breath. I dont think its worth anyone get worked up about. I guess you havent placed an order then!!
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • rchddap1rchddap1 Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Argos have wriggled out of it before. Nothing is certain until you have that TV in your house.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • For a Fiver I think it's well worth a go - have just got my confirmation E-mail from them saying order confirmed but I'm not holding my breath that I'll get it though!! :rotfl:
  • JohnteaJohntea Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    After all, they might give out a few free gift vouchers if nothing else :)
  • I'm a snitch, I've e-mailed Argos to tell them what's going on. 1a-a1.gif

Well, I might get a free telly for my trouble. 1a_y_grin.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides