widescreen TVs for 49p!!!!! [CLOSED]

Replies

• Destiny33Destiny33 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Excellent fun :D Just got my confirmation thru.

Now, how long until they try and cancel all these orders? Someone will have a headache first thing monday morning ;)
  • rchddap1rchddap1 Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Make that Tuesday morning...Monday is a bank holiday
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • PoppycatPoppycat Forumite
    19.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh that will be me.
    Destiny33 wrote:
    Excellent fun :D Just got my confirmation thru.

Someone will have a headache first thing monday morning ;)
  • newfunknewfunk Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Have ordered 2 one for us and one for parents...Needed a new tv as ours broke down a month ago...

This has happened with Argos before, they had small pc type things( not techie term) which should have been £395..think they were on the website for around £99...some guy purchased 3 i think, and Argos tried to wriggle out of it, however they were told they had to honour the price!

My partner worked in epos at Somerfield, and if there is a price mistake, they have to honour the price or they can be prosecuted!!
    In this trusted place U can erase
    Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
    All the time U waste in that paper chase
    Is time better spent in these arms of mine
  • really poppycat??
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • AllexieAllexie Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hee hee...Argos...Sainsbury..this is soo funny...:D
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• JohnteaJohntea Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    But Argos corrected this on their website, then it appeared again on Homebase.

Somebody surely must have a screengrab of both sites showing the same price? Will make it a little harder to go 'Misprice' then!
  • mamckaymamckay Forumite
    27 Posts
    rchddap1 wrote:
    They can't take full price. They are only legally allowed to take the amount that you have agreed to on the website. As their Ts&Cs state they have to have your agreement before they do that.

Do those people who feel the need to order not just one tv but several, not realise they are highly likely to be shooting themselves in the foot?
  • scotnanscotnan Forumite
    636 Posts
    ok i've just contacted my card company and they said that argos has debited my account for the m oney and as argos haven't contacted me to say it's a mistake they will have to honour this as they've now entered into a contract with me by taking the money from my account.

does anyone know if this is correct or not.

to be honest i don't hold out much hope of getting this but i just want to be in a stronger position to argue with argos when they do contact me if what the card company is saying is correct.
  • JohnteaJohntea Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    mamckay wrote:
    Do those people who feel the need to order not just one tv but several, not realise they are highly likely to be shooting themselves in the foot?

Exactly!

Oh yes the courier will just turn up with a van full of 49p TV's to one address!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides