PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

my bunch of roses is wilting, what should I do?

Options

Comments

• melancholly
    Options
    try any form of fizzy water - no idea why it works though!
    :happyhear
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Rage_in_Eden Posts: 995 Forumite
    Options
    At weekend I went and bought a very nice pale pink patio rose. It is now standing at the side of the front door whilst I decide where to put it - it has been well watered. BUT basically all the roses even buds are dropping off!!! not wilting, it isn't dry, not curling up and going brown - just the rose branches are all dropping off at where their brachi (? is that the right term) meet the main stem. I spent a whole £3.99 on this and I expect it to be grateful!!! :D Anyone know what it could be?
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know but you could try searching the Disease Diagnosis section of Rosarians Corner.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • tootles_2
    tootles_2 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Take it back!!!!!

Living in the sunny? Midlands, where the pork pies come from:

saving for a trip to Florida and NYC Spring 2008

Total so far £14.00!!
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    but if i take it back it'll feel unwanted and neglected and it's part of the family now (yes, it is time for my medication....)
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • wigginsmum
    Options
    Then you must coddle it, and feed it marshmallows, and give it a fluffy pillow ...

Seriously, you could try repotting it with a lump of lard in the bottom to see if it perks up. Roses are very thirsty and hungry plants.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    lard?:confused:
  • wigginsmum
    Options
    Yup, lard. Works wonders. A friend gave me the tip.
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    er, okay <<edges towards door and feels behind back for a heavy implement....>> actually i have got some lard in the fridge and I was also think of giving it some plant food too - was going to wait until I put it in the garden but if it's feeling poorly.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport