We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

pet porte catflap

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• linus1
    linus1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks Pete. I tried to find some contact info for Petporte but wasnt able to, thats when I did some reading and found they (or their product) had been brought by Staywell. I had an old email from someone at Petporte from when I first brought the catflap and tried sending an email to that address but it is no longer recognised. I have emailed Staywell but not heard anything back yet.

I continued to look for a replacement without success. I couldn't hang around too much as my neighbours cats were starting to show interest in the doorless cat flap (plus it was drafty), and I did consider superglue, but opted instead to drill holes in each corner of the plastic door and use nuts and blots to attach a thin piece of perspex to each side of the door. It seems to be holding it together nicely :)
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    linus1 wrote: »
    Thanks Pete. I tried to find some contact info for Petporte but wasnt able to, thats when I did some reading and found they (or their product) had been brought by Staywell. I had an old email from someone at Petporte from when I first brought the catflap and tried sending an email to that address but it is no longer recognised. I have emailed Staywell but not heard anything back yet.

I continued to look for a replacement without success. I couldn't hang around too much as my neighbours cats were starting to show interest in the doorless cat flap (plus it was drafty), and I did consider superglue, but opted instead to drill holes in each corner of the plastic door and use nuts and blots to attach a thin piece of perspex to each side of the door. It seems to be holding it together nicely :)

If you don't get a reply to your email the customer services number is 0800 0461414 mon-fri 8.30am - 5pm. When I have had to call them they have always been really helpful.
  • cheapopete
    cheapopete Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    linus1 wrote: »
    I opted instead to drill holes in each corner of the plastic door and use nuts and blots to attach a thin piece of perspex to each side of the door. It seems to be holding it together nicely :)

Sounds good to me! Deffo the sort of thing I'd do. ;)
    NEITHER THE BANKS NOR MICROSOFT ARE ON YOUR SIDE!! ;)
  • Bobs1uk
    Bobs1uk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Sorry if this question has been asked already but does anybody know if either the pet porte microchip wall or door version can be installed in a single-glazed window?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_dev/assets/extra_info/smart_flap_installation.pdf

Is this any help it's the instructions etc. I'm just off out so haven't read thru it. Someone fitted mine but I'm sure he said it could be fitted in glass. HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport