Fight back against over-priced cosmetics! Post your cheap but outstanding discoveries

Options

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    Whose point can you see suki1964?

The reason I ask is because if its Lizs(:mad: ) I still don't follow her thinking.

How can it harm to put an SPF15 in?

I wear full makeup everyday (except when abroad in the sun) & I'm not going to remove & slap on sunscreen & then reapply makeup a few times a day, its NEVER going to happen & LIZ EARLE KNOWS THIS TOO.

You made that point yourself.

If she just put SPF15 in, it would be better than nothing:mad: Because nothing is what I'm using now:confused: I don't want to buy yet another cream to add yet another layer (my skin got really spotty on holiday from the face block) I want it in skin repair:confused::confused::confused::confused: I don't want another smell or texture on my face, I like the cream I'm using & i want it to stay that way:mad:

Liz Earle knows an SPF included would be a lot better than none, I wqonder how many times she takes her makeup off during the day to reapply her sunscreen:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm really annoyed about this, I love the skin repair & I don't want to put a sunscreen on top that will change the smell & feel & may make me spotty:mad:

Mrs E - not rowing with you at all, just seeing another veiwpoint thats all

And you are very lucky that you manage to keep a full face on all day - mine usually needs redoing at least once, esp in the heat. I just get such a shine happening Im forever blotting - which is taking the make up off..

Mind since using the OCM Im not needing a full face any more, just a wee dusting of mineral veil and a touch of lippy and mascara on top of my SPF20 avon botanicals moisturiser :D Here give that a try - its really light and absorbs well and no break outs for my sensitive skin.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »

And you are very lucky that you manage to keep a full face on all day - mine usually needs redoing at least once, esp in the heat. I just get such a shine happening Im forever blotting - which is taking the make up off..

Mind since using the OCM Im not needing a full face any more, just a wee dusting of mineral veil and a touch of lippy and mascara on top of my SPF20 avon botanicals moisturiser :D Here give that a try - its really light and absorbs well and no break outs for my sensitive skin.

No Suki all the :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: & :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: are for Liz :rotfl:

I put it on in the morning for work & unless I was "going somewhere" I would bother touching up, thats not to say it lasts, but it lasts well enough.

I can't leave Liz Earle - Skin Repair, I LOVE IT, thats why I so bl00dy annoyed with her:o

I don't want to try anything else:confused:

Just checked my foundation SPF6.

Like I said was thinking of trying the Laura Mercier powder anyway (its susposed to be the dogs/ultimate) & its SPF15.

I just feel cheated my Liz Earle, I feel like they are trying to short change us & squeeze yet another product out of us:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

& I [EMAIL="DON@T"]DON'T[/EMAIL] SEE HER VIEW POINT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

I think shes short changing us & as a fan, i'm really annoyed, I expected better from them.

I never even thought it wouldn't be there until I saw the thread mentioning SPF's & though I would check.
  • suki1964
    Options
    Glad we have that sorted :D

I know how much you adore your high end products ( I do as well just I need to make cuts somewhere as I only earn pin money and thats being eaten by petrol costs) but you know how we converted you to the OCM - how about trying the Avon botanicals day cream?
    http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=700&level2_id=702&pdept_id=976&dept_id=&pf_id=31490

Dont forget Im a Liz earle fan myself and have used her products for the past three years and I never thought Id ever find another moisturiser that was light enough for me yet still do its job. Ive been using this about a week and its good - better then the aldi stuff which I found stung me and clogged my pores
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mmm....on special offer, and gift with purchase wyb 2 Botanical products!

Does it have any petroleum based ingredients, Suki (liquid paraffin, petrolatum, etc)?
  • suki1964
    Options
    harryharp wrote: »
    Mmm....on special offer, and gift with purchase wyb 2 Botanical products!

Does it have any petroleum based ingredients, Suki (liquid paraffin, petrolatum, etc)?

Hold on - off to find magnifying glass to read ingredients .........

Long list of said ingredients (so not as natural as implied)

Need to do a look up - will be back asap

Ok Im back :D

And I cheated :D:D:D

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/631983/a_review_of_avon_liiv_botanicals_vital.html?cat=69

Im pretty sure theres nothing nasty in it because petrochemicals tend to make me flare up really quick (like straight away), face stings, itchy, goes red etc
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad we have that sorted :D

I know how much you adore your high end products ( I do as well just I need to make cuts somewhere as I only earn pin money and thats being eaten by petrol costs) but you know how we converted you to the OCM - how about trying the Avon botanicals day cream?
    http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=700&level2_id=702&pdept_id=976&dept_id=&pf_id=31490

Dont forget Im a Liz earle fan myself and have used her products for the past three years and I never thought Id ever find another moisturiser that was light enough for me yet still do its job. Ive been using this about a week and its good - better then the aldi stuff which I found stung me and clogged my pores

Just looked at it, I hate daycreams that come in jars. I like light fluid formulars (like bl00dy lizs:mad: ).

Did you read my post on the Boots Time Delay, cleansing balm:j :j :j
  • suki1964
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    Just looked at it, I hate daycreams that come in jars. I like light fluid formulars (like bl00dy lizs:mad: ).

Did you read my post on the Boots Time Delay, cleansing balm:j :j :j

Its light - very light - I promise :D

And if you want, when Im in england next month Ill bring you a pot to try - Ill be in Putney :D
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hold on - off to find magnifying glass to read ingredients .........

Long list of said ingredients (so not as natural as implied)

Need to do a look up - will be back asap

Ok Im back :D

And I cheated :D:D:D

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/631983/a_review_of_avon_liiv_botanicals_vital.html?cat=69

Im pretty sure theres nothing nasty in it because petrochemicals tend to make me flare up really quick (like straight away), face stings, itchy, goes red etc
    Claims to be anti-ageing too!:T Looks like a good find.

I'm definitely going to get some and use it as a summer daycream, and switch to the Aldi one for Winter. For £5 it seems good.

Don't think the reviewer liked the smell though....made her feel sick and gave her a headache!!:eek:
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Its light - very light - I promise :D

And if you want, when Im in england next month Ill bring you a pot to try - Ill be in Putney :D

Suki - do you not live in England?

Where do you live?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family