🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Phone number for your pc - FREE incoming calls!

Options

Comments

• Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    Stabilo wrote:
    I have still not been able to set up Xlite with voipbuster account. I have paid €2 to voipbuster (€1 didn't seem to work, although it could have been I hadn't waited for their system to register the first €1).

With voipbuster software I now have 'unlimited' free calls to landlines in several countries. The voipbuster software isn't as good as xlite and I would therefore like to configure xlite with voipbuster account.

Xlite works fine with sipgate (so it isn't a firewall issue) but you have to pay for the calls, hence the requirement to set up voipbuster (with xlite).

I have followed all the previous instructions in this thread without success. I believe other users are also struggling to do the same. If someone has worked it out can you let us know how it's done.

Stabilo
    I am still waiting for someone to reply on the same issue as well. may be we should post this in the "home phone" section of the forum. :beer:
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • retrospek
    Options
    I'm not sure why people cannot get voipbuster to work in Xlite. All I did was configure it as it states earlier in this thread and it 'just works'. So I now have Sipgate and Voipbuster working through Xlite.

The only problem I did have was I couldn't seem to get Voipbuster to work in Xlite while I was running the Voipbuster client.

Here is a screenprint of the proxy I set-up in Xlite for Voipbuster:

voip.jpg

Replace the Display Name, Username and Authorization User with your Voipbuster username, and replace the Password field with your Voipbuster password.

It 'should' work - it does for me.

Hope this helps..
    Mark
  • Stabilo
    Stabilo Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Aidai, I might have it working now. I will not be sure until I check it at home tonight (firewall at work creates a few problems).

Look through: http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_1334.html and if you set voipbuster as say number 2 proxy to dial a UK number of say 0114 123456 the entry in xlite needs to be #20044114123456. I don't think you can replace 00 with + as you can with mobiles.

From work, with the settings above, xlite is dialling the number (I can hear my mobile ringing). When the call is answered xlite shows call failed: 403 forbidden. Just worked out this is because no codec was set (ENSURE G711U, G711A OR GSM IS SELECTED IN THE LCD PANEL). I am using GSM, although I have read elsewhere that this uses more bandwidth than the other codecs (change if GSM gives poor quality calls).

If you add the numbers to the phonebook and set the default proxy as sip.voipbuster.com you will not need to dial the #20044..... Simply hightlight the phonebook entry & then click the green handset on the main xlite screen. Don't click the 'LCD' part of the screen though to redial. You can normally redial this way but it will remove the proxy prefix (#2) and try to dial via your default (possibly sipgate) proxy.

Although voipbuster seems to work everytime with their own supplied software it appears to be less succesful with xlite i.e. you may have configured xlite correctly but some other problem (firewall?) is causing a problem.

Worth trying to set up xlite though as it even announces the (euro) cents per minute of the call once you connect (unlike the voipbuster software).

I have noticed one strange thing. If I call our works auto attended number I don't hear the recorded greeting but I can send DTMF to obtain the extension I require. Has anyone else come accross this?

Stabilo
    Before you buy Google Nest or British Gas Hive check out ESPproMon the Android and iOS Smartphone app that helps you build the same system from just £30.
  • retrospek
    Options
    Has anyone had any problems with the answer phone on Sipgate ? I've enabled it in my sipgate control panel but it refuses to answer any calls !

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Stabilo
    Options
    Started to use the system now. When I call out the other end can hear me but I can't hear them. I hear the recorded message just prior to the call connecting ('zero cents per minute......') and then nothing when connected.

I don't have any mute's on (not that I am aware of).

I will try with a proper headset when I get home but in the meantine does anyone have any suggestions?

Stabilo
    Before you buy Google Nest or British Gas Hive check out ESPproMon the Android and iOS Smartphone app that helps you build the same system from just £30.
  • Stabilo
    Options
    retrospek wrote:
    Has anyone had any problems with the answer phone on Sipgate ? I've enabled it in my sipgate control panel but it refuses to answer any calls !

Thanks,
    Mark

Used sipgate voicemail earlier today and it was ok. Just tried it failed, just tried again worked ok, tried again ok. Could have entered wrong number on occassion it failed or sipgate have an intermittent fault.

Hope this helps.

Stabilo
  • nilocmac
    nilocmac Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your help I finally got it sorted this afternoon and it seems to be working ok. (I had tried a proxy before but your list was more reliable). Ideally I would like to use my voipbuster account through it but there does not seem to be any solution to that yet.

Also I noticed that in the help section on sipgate it suggests you should not use x-lite and Skype on the same computer. However I could see on your website you had skype on your desktop as well as x-lite. Have you had any problems?

Once thanks for the help.
    :T
    BexTech wrote:
    As I mentioned previously, by using a proxy.

Find a UK proxy from http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html and set this in your browser, many browsers (Avant for example) have an easy option to switch between proxies. Once set you can get a UK number.

Or PM with details and I'll start the initial setup off for you.
  • richarda_3
    Options
    would someone please register me for voipbuster. It just wont let me!
    Username: Aryeh123
    Password: Pm me!
    Thanks
  • Matt`_5
    Matt`_5 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Im still having problems:

I get 404: Not found :'(

xlite2.jpg

xlite.jpg
  • Phonix
    Phonix Posts: 837 Forumite