"Thevinternet's still in debt" diary

Comments

• thevinternet
    thevinternet Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Thanks Itsadoglife. During the days I am doing some paid work for a friend at the moment, but hopefully after that is done then I will be back on the temping trail again. :)

I am going to ensure that 2012 is a good financial year for me!!

BTW awesome work on your debts - your sig is very inspiring!!
  • thevinternet
    So - cashed out 5 dollars on SB, also sold something on Ebay so got 8 quid for that.

But the big news is, the OH is offering to take out a loan or a 0% CC to transfer some of my CC debt so that I don't have to pay interest.

We are very solid, but you never know what can happen, and I am a bit concerned as to how it would affect our relationship. I already rely on him for a lot of things financially. Thoughts?
  • J4mes
    J4mes Posts: 88 Forumite
    Hmmmmmm, its a tough but good situation to be in. Its a good sign that he has offered, it will make both your lives easier I'm sure, although the decision honestly comes down to you and your financial independence and ultimately an amount of pride.

Maybe the question you should ask yourself is 'would I do the same thing for him at this point?'

I'd say go for it, if you're both in this for the long haul (both relationship and debt free-ness) it makes perfect sense.
  • thevinternet
    J4mes wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm, its a tough but good situation to be in. Its a good sign that he has offered, it will make both your lives easier I'm sure, although the decision honestly comes down to you and your financial independence and ultimately an amount of pride.

Maybe the question you should ask yourself is 'would I do the same thing for him at this point?'

I'd say go for it, if you're both in this for the long haul (both relationship and debt free-ness) it makes perfect sense.

Aw, thanks J4mes, it's nice to get some feedback. He keeps trying to persuade me (bless him!), but I need some more time to think about it first. And some advice from you peeps of course. :)
  • thevinternet
    Hey you guys,

Sorry it's a been such a long while since a post. Not much to report really, things are ticking along. I made my CC2 payment for Dec's bill...now I am working on CC1 for Jan. £85 left to find for that by the 21st.

I have picked up a few extra shifts over the last few days, so work is slow but steady. :) At the end of this month I'm hoping to be in a position to start applying for some more full time work, since it will be the first time in a long time that I haven't been chasing my tail financially and I'll have a bit of free time. Well, not chasing my tail so hard, anyway! ;)

Meanwhile, SB, ebay, S*perpoints etc ticking along nicely. It's only a bit of extra income, but as Antony Worrall Thompson might say, 'Every Little Helps'. :D
  • thevinternet
    Just popping in - don't want to neglect this diary when it's helped me to stay on track for the last six months.

Things are going...ok. I picked up a bit of extra work in January which I was pleased about, although I don't get paid for it until Feb. Still looking for full-time work.

Still making my minimum payments and keeping my head above water, although not making many extra payments. Still, I'm on the penultimate payment of one of my loans, so when that ends it will make life a little easier at least. :)

Also been busy selling on Ebay - made over 50 quid this month on there - oh yes! :T
  • thevinternet
    Ah, look at my sig. Only one payment left now on one of my loans! :j

I have a mystery package arriving later. I have no idea what it is...it truly is a mystery! I haven't ordered anything online. Apparently it says 'documents enclosed' on it? I hope it's something nice...though knowing my luck it will probably be a court summons! ;)
  • thevinternet
    So, I had a fab surprise - I won a competition for £100 of gift vouchers, and the first I heard about it was when they arrived at my house! :j I had a lovely time spending them yesterday on clothes - I haven't bought any new clothes for about 6 months, so it was a wonderful feeling to get some new stuff.

Things otherwise are going pretty well. I have just cashed out $5 worth of Sw*gbucks to paypal. Also I have a couple of shifts at work this week. :) And in the meantime I am busy selling more stuff on Ebay. This decluttering malarky sure does make me feel good. Bills-wise, I am currently on the hunt for cash to throw at CC2 to make my minimum payment for this month. I managed to pay my car tax ok though, phew!

I'm going to make my boyfriend's Valentine's present this year, well actually I've already started it. And I even picked up a couple of small xmas presents for Dec 2012 in the sales....this is an unheard of level of organisation in my life!!!
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Oooh what are you making him?
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • thevinternet
    Hey Dinah,

I've got him a personalised card (for free from cardtown, thanks Martin :money:), also I am going to bake him some heart-shaped cookies or biscuits. I am making him a hollowed out book for keeping secrets in - you can find out how to make them online. Or he can keep his spare change in there, cos otherwise I am always nicking it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure