Memory foam mattresses

Options
123457»

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. That makes sense.
    So if you change position during the night the memory foam has to readjust.

That's why you don't want the memory foam too deep, or too high density. The optimum is 2" deep, and 60 to 70kg per m3.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    The trouble with memory foam in terms of warmth though is that if you get into bed cold it reflects the cold back at you and it's very hard to actually get warm. But once you're warm it's really toasty.

Very comfy apart from this though!

I've never found that myself. Try using flanlette sheets in winter.
  • Craftyscholar
    Craftyscholar Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Options
    The trouble with memory foam in terms of warmth though is that if you get into bed cold it reflects the cold back at you and it's very hard to actually get warm. But once you're warm it's really toasty.

Very comfy apart from this though!
    I did wonder about that.
    I find it so comforting to relax stretched out in a warm bed. Have memories of getting into a cold bed pre electric blankets and lying curled up on the one bit the hottie had warmed.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have never found memory foam cold - you get into bed and it is always soft and warm, ie warmer than an ordinary mattress. Go into a bed shop and feel an ordinary mattress and then a foam one, the foam will feel much warmer.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    lolly5648 wrote: »
    I have never found memory foam cold - you get into bed and it is always soft and warm, ie warmer than an ordinary mattress. Go into a bed shop and feel an ordinary mattress and then a foam one, the foam will feel much warmer.

I couldn't agree more.
  • brighthair
    Options
    I have a Sleepright memory 500 mattress (can't find a link) and find it so comfortable. I struggle to sleep on a normal mattress now
  • phillipswendy85
    Options
    I had tried memory foam mattress and they really worked to get rid out of back and chronic pain.
    I would recommend you to use Sealy Memory mattress its spring system is constructed with a number of small diameter springs that respond directly to every movement that your body makes, this also goes a long way to relieve any pressure points to give you a blissful night of uninterrupted sleep.
    One of the largest mattress and bed superstores, Best place to buy mattress on the Internet is mattressesnextday.co.uk.
    Company gives you discount and free pillow with every mattress also free delivery and services within 24 hours.
  • Pinkypants
    Pinkypants Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had tried memory foam mattress and they really worked to get rid out of back and chronic pain.
    I would recommend you to use Sealy Memory mattress its spring system is constructed with a number of small diameter springs that respond directly to every movement that your body makes, this also goes a long way to relieve any pressure points to give you a blissful night of uninterrupted sleep.
    One of the largest mattress and bed superstores, Best place to buy mattress on the Internet is mattressesnextday.co.uk.
    Company gives you discount and free pillow with every mattress also free delivery and services within 24 hours.

Spam Up for the taste of it....

Your 1st post in a thread that's over a year old.
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport