Memory foam mattresses

Options

Comments

• friendly_ghost
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have just returned to Cornwall from a trip to Berks so haven't been able to reply before. I will spend some time checking all your helpful advice and websites. It's quite important for me to get it right cos I suffer from arachnoiditis and at first I couldn't take pressure on the left side of my back, then it was both sides, so I ended up on tum, which is not comfortable but better than the back, now I'm finding I have to adjust my legs to different positions to get comfortable, so I'm really grateful to you all. I'm contemplating moving back to Berks to be closer to my surrogate family, so may end up buying new bed as well. Thanks again
    C'est la vie!
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    Miraflex report
    valmiki has bought one of these and has posted his thoughts and the above link.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • friendly_ghost
    Options
    Also check out here
    Hi Luke - As soon as I checked out the Waterline, I could feel this tired achey body sinking into it. (Wish I knew what I was doing on this site - I'm a newbie to chat forums - so if you got half a reply from me just now, that's why!). Not sure I quite understand how your site works - is the price fixed or is it an auction?)
    C'est la vie!
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Friendly Ghost

I have very bad arthritis in my hips and cant lie on my sides. I bought a Sealy Mirrorform mattress and it is magic, I can now lie on my side for short periods. Would definitely recommend this make - it is softer than Tempur and has a heat reduction system (with some foam mattresses you get very hot).
  • friendly_ghost
    Options
    I've just successfully bid for the Firma Know-How Orthopaedic memory foam mattress on eBay will let you know how I get on with it. This site is amazing!!! and you are all so helpful
    C'est la vie!
  • margaretclare
    Options
    Hi all

We went to our local Dreams plc store last weekend. We looked at the memory foam type of mattress, but in the end decided against it. We're having a pocketed-spring orthopaedic mattress on a king-size divan.

Dreams' sale ended on Monday, but we reckon we saved about £600.

Aunty Margaret
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • alictait
    Options
    Check out Tempur Mattress...again! ,

as posted in I want to buy it or do it, tried to link it to no avail.

HTH.

Ive posted a lenghty reply to a cheaper option
    If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.
  • friendly_ghost
    Options
    I've tried out my new mattress now. It is very firm and there seems to be little give, so I'm not sure if I'm on the right side, although it is labelled #viscose#, so I'm a little disappointed so far. However, it is definitely more comfortable than my old mattress and at £127 for a double, I can't complain.
    C'est la vie!
  • devasrs
    Options
    Hi, a mattress topper seems to make much more sense. Most mattresses that I looked at only had a layer of memory foam on top, so it seems that a topper would do the same job at less than half the price. I got my Prima Comfort one online. When my mother-in-law stayed she slept on it and was free from her arthritic symptoms all the time that she was with us.
  • eclipse
    Options
    I have a memory foam mattress and I love it. It's made by Myer's - it's great. (I spend a lot of time in bed so I'm speaking from experience!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure