Memory foam mattresses

Options

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Slumberland Memory Foam mattress and I swear by it ... and it has also received some very positive compliments from others (only one or two, honest!) that have stayed in it recently!

There are arguments against the mattress toppers, though I don't know what the arguments are. However, my parents have one on their bed and love it (though my Dad will sleep anywhere and on anything so maybe he's not the best judge!).
    Gone ... or have I?
  • FunkyFeet
    FunkyFeet Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote:
    I have a Slumberland Memory Foam mattress and I swear by it ... and it has also received some very positive compliments from others (only one or two, honest!) that have stayed in it recently!

There are arguments against the mattress toppers, though I don't know what the arguments are. However, my parents have one on their bed and love it (though my Dad will sleep anywhere and on anything so maybe he's not the best judge!).

Lol~!

also can anyone state the cheapest memory foam mattress they have managed to purchase? is 250/- good for a double-currently at argos.
    :eek:FunkyFeet:eek:
    Elite 5:2 #19
  • adge666
    Options
    I was unfortunate to purchase at about £1000 a Sealy Mirrorform bed to replace our much older coil spring bed. I can't begin to tell you how awful the bed is! I constantly wake-up feeling that I'm on a slope or something - just like camping on the side of a hill. It's a strange thing, l but just can't get used to it - sorry. As for being able to sleep in one position for ages and all that and waking up without painful joints - yeah right! - Sorry but I don't buy it - I know everybody raves about this memory foam but I reckon it's mostly marketing hype or perhaps I should have bought a Tempur. Maybe I'll get the camp bed out and get a decent nights sleep.

Sorry to upset the apple cart guys
  • friendly_ghost
    Options
    What a shame. I got mine from a German company on the German e-bay site and it cost approx £150 including delivery!!! When I am in pain, I can't wait to get on my bed. The relief is fantastic it feels like seventh heaven.
    C'est la vie!
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    My parents have recently got a memory foam mattress and my mum says it's the best bed she has ever slept in. She says she feels 20 years younger, she gets up every morning without a single ache or pain and sleeps soundly all night, something she hasn't done for at least 8 years!

She says she would recommend one to anyone. I'm not sure which make hers is but I know it did cost quite a lot of money.
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    malamala wrote:
    We have purchased Slumberland Memory Foam mattress (double) from Benson's at 450 pounds (we paid cash so we got 10% discount).

Have got it for nearly a week and it is superb!

Did not really like it when we tried at the shop and could not tell the difference between a traditional spring mattress but my DH really loved it and that's why I gave in.

Now we both really love the mattress and it's not too warm at all!

The mattress feels very different as it feels soft and hard in one (contradicting I know!), and we feel very refreshed in the morning too.

We have one of these and find it's fantastic. Had it for a year now. My hubby is quite a big bloke (we are a bit like the hippo and the duckling!) and cheaper mattresses we find we roll togther and now struggle to have a good night sleep anywhere else but home!

EM x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • Pagan98
    Pagan98 Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've had a 15cm combi Tempur mattress for 7 years now. My wife has a bad back (ruptured disc L4/5) and loves it. I also prefer it to most beds I've tried. Not cheap but worth it.
  • LizEstelle
    LizEstelle Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Options
    devasrs wrote:
    Hi, a mattress topper seems to make much more sense. Most mattresses that I looked at only had a layer of memory foam on top, so it seems that a topper would do the same job at less than half the price. I got my Prima Comfort one online. When my mother-in-law stayed she slept on it and was free from her arthritic symptoms all the time that she was with us.

I have been wondering whether memory foam might be good for my arthritis-suffferer father who frequently can't get a reasonable night's sleep because of discomfort.

The necessary thickness of the foam seems to be a matter of some debate - and I wouldn't want to get this wrong.
  • jayne26
    jayne26 Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    i got a topper from dunnell mill shops 130 ish , i love it , comffe , and wonderful . you seem to melt into it and it has a fleasy topping cover on it ,im sure my back pain has got better , its the best bed ever, try one it may just do the trick
  • terrierlady
    terrierlady Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    another vote for the memory foam its great for aches and pains try a topper if thats ok then spend the money and get the best you can afford you only live once( I think)
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport