PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style vs the USDA head-to-head challenge...

Options

Comments

• funkyfunkymonkey
    funkyfunkymonkey Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    Options
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    weezl

even if you don't win (theres a £50 prize i think)

you should be very happy with the lovely comments people have made and content you are making a difference

Have a look................

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=10753391#post10753391

Shaz
    Shaz
  • DenBo_4
    DenBo_4 Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya all, I've added my vote. Hope Weezl wins!!
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yep - my vote has gone in. Crikey - just think how much food Weezl could get for £50! PARTY!:beer:
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    she could live for months on that!! Is your car & puter all ok now Ceridwen? Is that per chance a Welsh name?!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    she could live for months on that!! Is your car & puter all ok now Ceridwen? Is that per chance a Welsh name?!

hI

Yep - my 'puter is now fine - £134 later to a "man who can" - aagh! Car? Bit puzzled by that - as I dont have a car - never have!

Ceridwen - the name of a Welsh goddess - shapeshifter. Didnt know that till after I had chosen it because I like it. So - it is a Welsh name actually :D
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Just looked back - its my dyslexic brain - AA mentioned=car to me but actually wasnt! Sorry :( Poor pooh brain I have, malfunctions on occasion! Off to feed it HM pizza in the hope it reboots!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the nominations to all of you. I really am touched by your kindness.:o:D:cool:

I'm reading up on cheap cakes for my fattening up DH attempts, ongoing struggle!;)

Found a post war recipe book at my gran's and have pinched it. Was intrigued to see a cake containing half a pound of rice and half a pound of treacle.

Thing is, need some urgent advice. Given my user identity, I fear I may explode if I make it.:eek:

Any thoughts m'lovelies?:rotfl:

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • funkyfunkymonkey
    funkyfunkymonkey Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    Thanks for the nominations to all of you. I really am touched by your kindness.:o:D:cool:

I'm reading up on cheap cakes for my fattening up DH attempts, ongoing struggle!;)

Found a post war recipe book at my gran's and have pinched it. Was intrigued to see a cake containing half a pound of rice and half a pound of treacle.

Thing is, need some urgent advice. Given my user identity, I fear I may explode if I make it.:eek:

Any thoughts m'lovelies?:rotfl:

Now I've got that bloomin nursery rhyme going round in my head 'half a pound of tuppenny rice, half a pound of treacle, that's the way the money goes, pop goes the weasel' :rotfl:

So, what is the cake Weezl?

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had to sit there and think about the rhyme for a minute. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Would love the recipe for the almond butter. Can't find it posted anywhere. My dad isn't so well and need building up and I think it would really help him, not to mention the fact that I think it sounds yummy too. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure