PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style vs the USDA head-to-head challenge...

Options

Comments

• germish_se
    germish_se Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    12p huh, I hope you spend it wisely Weezl!
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmmm...value hair conditioner. You mean to say you are getting non-food items out of this money as well:eek: :eek:

That reminds me - must put on some hair conditioner tomorrow morning before daily shower - in my case some Value Mayonnaise (non-organic - yep I know - part of some w**k food I made). Normally these days I would use some olive oil left on overnight (towel on the pillow first!) - or cheapie oil if financially strapped for cash!
  • sweetpeas_2
    sweetpeas_2 Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    hmm, caught up with interest... never realised you were actually buying toiletries from it too!
    OMG!
    you have done so well so far you should be so proud. I am going to venture on a 1 week thing next week just to test the water (right chicken sh** aren't i..) then might crack on for the month jobby if i can handle it! any tops you would like to share? or is it a case of VALUE, VALUE, VALUE... ?

xx
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Just catching up on the days events! Another allotmenteer...! Yipee!
    Just noticed the siggy weezl and hope youre ok...I have no doubt you'll do it! Not sure what you can get for 12p but maybe I should say not sure what one, rather than a Weezl one, can get for 12p! Just in case youre having doubts YOU CAN DO IT!! Hugs for you if siggy has brought panic but know that you have sufficient food to do it - you can & you will! Lentil bol looks yummy! I did take a photo of the indian I menued the other day - just need to upload it for you!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe as a task we should come up with some foodie beauty treatments...just a though. I've heard that olive oil & sea salt or brown sugar is a good body scrub. Anyone tried either?!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• ceridwen
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Err....nope...but used to sometimes do facemasks - with egg white and I also seem to recall there was an oatmeal-based one too.
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    here ya go, off the top of my head i remember my grandma using the top 3 and the bottom ;) one is from a mag,

facemask 1 - natural yog, oats and honey
    facemask 2 - mashed avocado, honey sea salt ( mor of a scrub one)
    moisturiser 1 - honey, oil, crushed dried lavender (more for feet as i recall)
    cellulite scrub - oil (veg or sunflower is best), coffee grounds, sea salt

most of them need to be a slightly runny consistency except for the avocado one which is fine being gloopy (think thick porridge)

:)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ceridwen wrote: »
    Hmmm...value hair conditioner. You mean to say you are getting non-food items out of this money as well:eek: :eek:

That reminds me - must put on some hair conditioner tomorrow morning before daily shower - in my case some Value Mayonnaise (non-organic - yep I know - part of some w**k food I made). Normally these days I would use some olive oil left on overnight (towel on the pillow first!) - or cheapie oil if financially strapped for cash!

Mayo - really? doesn't it go all gloopy and sticky when you wash it out??? :confused:

I have curly hair that tends to frizz (spend a fortune on stupid anti-frizz promising gunk that works fine until you sleep!!). Might be trying the olive oil thingy tonight I think (or maybe the low fat mayo that's in the fridge :confused:)

Then at least I may be able to wait for the next special offer on the stupid stuff :p
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Asian ladies use almond oil as an all over moisturiser, so i am told i know coconut oil makes a good hand cream alternative

As you know i have been attempting soapmaking i have made 3 different batches and am not making any more until i have tested these but have been looking into other toiletries

Bath salts look really easy but require lots of different essential oils

http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/recipesforkids/l/blkidscookt154.htm

or

http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/recipesforkids/l/blkidscookt152.htm

the soapmaking stuff is

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soaprecipes/a/grocerysoap.htm

there are lots of recipes to follow but be careful and follow safety instructions carefully

Shaz
    Shaz
  • ceridwen
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well ...mayo has been fine with me as hair conditioner. Havent noticed any gloopiness/stickiness. Dont know if it varies with hair textures. My hair is fine and has to be washed daily - one lathering of shampoo (if I left it to Day 3 people would notice that its greasy type hair).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure