How many jobs do you have?

Comments

• redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I work 16hrs, study for 30hrs and have two children 7 & 5
    DH - well that's a whole other thread.......
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Im a full time student (well 3 days a week)
    Im a barmaid (3 nights a week)
    Im a cleaner (4 mornings a week)
    I work for the NHS in the staff bank usually squeeze in 36 hours fri/sat/sun.
    And Self Employed therapist for regular clients, usually get 1-2 a week, mainly during school time.

Oh and im a mummy too
  • englishmac
    englishmac Posts: 137 Forumite
    2 jobs; 53.5 hrs per week; overtime as much as can fit in.

Rarely work less than 60 hrs per week. Record is 78hrs.
    Cheap and cheerful. Preferably free. :T LBM - more a gradual rude awakening.
    DFD where the light is at the end of this very long tunnel - there, see it? Its getting brighter!! :o

DFW Nerd Club Member no. 946. Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts. :D
  • englishmac
    englishmac Posts: 137 Forumite
    KittyKate wrote: »
    I'm going to job the third job (graphic design) as the money is dire for the work. I agree that Quidco, Pigsback etc (plus all the comping I do) is easily a job in itself....luckily job no1 is quiet and I do it all on company time ;)

I guess with me the only way I am not actually worrying about money is when I'm earning it :(

... and when you're earning it, you're usually not spending it either. Double whammy. :j
    Cheap and cheerful. Preferably free. :T LBM - more a gradual rude awakening.
    DFD where the light is at the end of this very long tunnel - there, see it? Its getting brighter!! :o

DFW Nerd Club Member no. 946. Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts. :D
  • I have 1 job which I generally work between 32 & 40 hours a week, the days change each week. I am going too look into doing some bank work nursing (I am a fully qualified nurse but due to job freezes up here it is impossible o get a nursing job so I am currently waitressing)
  • 3 jobs. 1 full time, 2 part-time. Busy busy!!!
    THE LONG AND THE SLOW ROAD SEEM TO APPLY TO DEBTS AND DIETS... THE TWO THINGS I WANT TO SEE THE BACK OF...:D
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    At my peak - pretty recently at that - I had 5 part-time jobs on top of my full-time one.

The phrase "must be a masochist" springs to mind.

I'm not greedy for money - just got the extra expenses of being single and living in a dear area to cope with on my poor salary from my F/T job.

Have recently dropped all the sideline stuff though - as decided I would rather "have a life" and, if need be, complain about my full-time job not paying enough to live on:D You gotta get your priorities sorted;) - I couldnt stand it any longer though - I had been doing all sorts of sideline stuff for 20 odd years on top of the full-time job - and I decided "up with this I will not put" in effect and chucked all the extra earning stuff. One can only postpone "having a life" for so long.
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    At the mo, I do dog boarding, ironing service (in its infancy!), pigsback etc, network marketing, run a house - all self employed stuff from home. Sounds great but the drawbacks are that you can never get away from work and peeps tend to think that as you work from home you don't actually do anything all day?????
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
  • Hi,

In response, last count was that I have four jobs totalling 41 hours per week. Plus I do freelance design work and still only manage to make ends meet. I'm seriously thinking about emigrating...this country is on it's knees, and I'm not far behind it!
  • empy
    empy Posts: 325 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi, I currently work full time as a TA in a large secondary school, at least 1 nightshift a week as a nurse and 3 hours on a friday night as a youth leader.
    I also volunteer as a beaver scout leader on a wednesday for 2 hours and all the planning that I do for that at home.
    I also run a house and look after husband, 2 children age 7&8 one of whom has Aspergers. So I really have hands full.
    OS Grocery Challenge
    August £250/ £103.44 left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family