• Got2change
    Got2change Posts: 613 Forumite
    .....wish I had even just one :o
    Blonde: Unemployed: Bankrupt.
    What do I know?
    :confused:
  • Mum_of_3_3
    Mum_of_3_3 Posts: 658 Forumite
    O/H is self-employed and does heavy manual work for anything from 54 to 70 hours a week.

I've just gone s/e and work anything from 8 hours a week to 20. Just taken on a contract which means at least 16 hour days for 4 weeks at the end of July :j (that's on top of what I'm doing now)

I've also got 2 little-uns aged 6 and 18mo at home.

If I didn't have the little ones I would happily work 2 jobs to clear our debts.

M_o_3
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am working a 20 hr week and have a foster daughter and a home to run.
    Hopefully there will be a 15 hr post becoming available at work and I hope to get that too - fingers crossed
    I also hope to be lookng at working from home for approx 10 hrs a week to bring in a few extra pennies

Prior to Christmas, I was working 33 hrs in one job and an additonal 14 in 2nd job and although I was financially better off that I am now, the stress was unbelieveable and very unrealistic for me and foster daughter.
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • masterkay
    masterkay Posts: 296 Forumite
    1 FT Job.
    I also own a business I built up from scratch (I don't do the work anymore so I employ people to do that for me).
    I also do freelance work.

I get bored easily if I'm not working on something new and challenging and I try and make all new projects as profitable as possible.

I just started work on a new business idea which should be making a profit soon.
  • I only have one but I know that my sanity wouldn't take more than that, especially as I have unpredictable demands with it (often will have to pull a late night out of the bag at no notice and my contract states that I don't get overtime) so I doubt any other job would want me. I also want to start some voluntary work soon so that will keep me out of trouble.

I do get paid pretty well though so although it would be nice to clear the debt even faster, now I have finally realised the value of money I am OK on my salary.
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • hbslc
    hbslc Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have an uknown amount, depends what you call a job? I have a 37.5hr/wk contract (9-5 M-F), a new business, house renovation project, office renovation project, divorce project, kids and of course my DFW project.

All in all, not much *free* time!
    Debts at 02/02/20: c£225,000 inc CCs of <£1000 repaid in full monthly
    Debts at 14/07/10: £278,091 inc £24k unenforceable and £16k consumer debt. But House no longer derelict!!!
    LBM: 14/08/07; Debt at LBM: £287131 inc CCs: £37,202.55;
  • Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Two jobs + endless Ebaying...all good fun. :j
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
  • A-Wing
    A-Wing Posts: 121 Forumite
    I currently do a 37.5 hour week in central London (which is 2 hours traveling by car/train/tube per day on top) plus a further 4 hours per night freelancing when I get home (more on weekends), so I leave for my main job at 7AM and finish freelancing at around midnight during weekdays. If I can I will freelance 6AM - midnight straight on weekends but I usually take a few hours our for family stuff.

Somehow on top of this I also find time for my wife and kids but I am starting to show signs of fatigue. On the plus side I may only need to keep up this pace for another year before I am debt free (or 6 feet under in which case my life company life insurance will clear the debt).
    Windows is the path to the darkside...Windows leads to Blue Screen. Blue Screen leads to downtime. Downtime leads to suffering...I sense much Windows in you.
  • Surfbabe
    Surfbabe Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Main job 22.5 hrs a week, 2nd job 6 - 8 hrs a week, 3rd job varies some weeks nothing other weeks 6 - 12hrs. plus runnning a house, DH, DS, DD all at home (well DS is at Uni part of the time) and voluntary work on top.

on the plus side have already manged to save £600 this year and pay off £600 on debts
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    1 at 50 hrs a week but looking for another to make ends meet.
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure