Get A Boots Meal-deal Every Day For £1.39!!!

Options

Comments

• savingsgirl
    savingsgirl Posts: 8,227 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry - was only teasing. You cant be any fussier than my 5 year old! xx
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • CovMan_2
    CovMan_2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Went to Boots today got my 150 points voucher bought a green meal deal and some other shopping came to £5.77, got a £5 Skincare voucher and 173 points.

If I go back tomorrow and hopefully get another 150 points voucher (I can't remember if I had three or four so far) and buy some skincare with the voucher to make it over a fiver would I get another skincare voucher?

I presume I would get extra points with the skincare buy even though I would be paying for it with the voucher and that would effectively make my meal deal even cheaper - as well as the free skincare products.
  • Choccyholic
    Options
    CovMan I think the free skincare product would be exempt from earning points or towards a total spend. The voucher may make it go through the till at £0.00 so you would only be paying the total of £2odd for your meal. They did this to me the other day on the free pantyliners offer from the advantage machine.

...but I may be wrong!
    Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.
  • itzmee
    itzmee Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm still getting 150 points per day - my card now has nearly £16 on it!!! Doesn't look like the offer has expired just yet
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think with Boots, what counts is the actually ammount of cash that you part with. Only spending over £5 in real money will get you a £5 skincare voucher.

Anyone else agree?

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • advantage_card
    Options
    Sorry - was only teasing. You cant be any fussier than my 5 year old! xx
    No problem, was just explaining things - when the Boots branch I could walk to sold sandwiches id be underneath the light at the bottom of the stairs trying to take the sandwiches packets so that i could read what kind they are id be like no that's egg mayonaisse don't want that one oh that's cheese and pickle hang onto that one etc. - but now i can't do that! a they've changed the sandwiches packaging so it is impossible to see so i now jsut have to go eeny weeny miny moe and take it to the till then ask the SA to check that i have taken the right one and B the branch i can walk to stopped selling sandwiches about a year ago so i can now only have them once in a blue moon when i can get a relative to take me to the retail park outlet that stocks them - i would go there myself but its about eight pounds there and back in taxis and the bus stance isn't near botos so could fall on my backside, it's not the most pedestrian friendly places anyway the retail park. am safer at the other branch but no sandwiches sadly so cannot really play this *so many freeibe points on meal deals* game.
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • Choccyholic
    Options
    mhoc wrote:
    I think with Boots, what counts is the actually ammount of cash that you part with. Only spending over £5 in real money will get you a £5 skincare voucher.

Anyone else agree?

Mary

erm, yeh! just 2 posts back from yours, I couldn't have articulated myself very well.
    Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.
  • lucylou
    lucylou Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I get 150 points on my sister's card (who by the way has never had any points on her card) while I only get 25 points on mine.

As for the £5 skincare voucher I got one today doing a £5 top up for my phone

I think I'll have to do another £5 top up soon;)
    half scottish half italian :100%moneysaver
  • CovMan_2
    CovMan_2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote:

Anyone else agree?

Mary

This appears to be so with the £5 skincare voucher, I don't think this used to be the case, but I may be wrong.

Went in and my receipt just did not show the amount of the voucher, but instead showed the item as reduced to £0.00.

Oh well I'll just have to try and content myself with getting a Boots Green Meal Deal for £1.38. I fear the meal deal vouchers must soon be ending, but it has been good while it lasted.
  • scoobie
    scoobie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How about this then?
    I only ate a couple of boots meal deals days one day this week, so I know they were to blame for certain.
    I was throwing up a couple of minutes after drinking one of their smoothies at work. Something sub concious told me don't finish that drink.

Don't assume these things are well prepared folks.

Certainly its got me thinking twice about their meals and I won't be touching one of their smoothies again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure