Get A Boots Meal-deal Every Day For £1.39!!!

Comments

• CovMan_2
    CovMan_2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    I got 150 points, bought a £2.99 meal deal (goods sold alone for £5.05 and I was buying the best for me rather than the most expensive) and minus the points it comes to £1.38 now that is a bargain. The salad alone was priced at £2.90!

A salad, a yoghurt and a fresh fruit juice all for £1.38 that is a bargain, and five minutes walk from my work! Lets see what happens tomorrow.
  • sarahcc
    sarahcc Posts: 253 Forumite
    I thought the coupon in the magazine said something about not ncluded in meal deals? like the salad coupon boots snet me in my last lot of mailshot coupons?

how do you get mailshot coupons??
  • mailshot coupons - if you are an advantage card holder from time to time boots will send you out booklets with letters attached that have double points coupons and then the leaflet or booklet with it will have other coupons with it, however this does seem to be done on a random drawing so not everyone gets it plus it is also based on what you have bought over the previous period leading up to the coupons being issued and whether or not you used the last lot's ones or not - my april mailshot had a voucher to use on a green meal deal but it lapsed so then in the june mailshot they gave me one to use on salad but not in a meal deal and i managed to use it, which is a luxury for me as a brnach i can walk to off the bus no logner stocks meal deals, salads etc. and i either have to fork out on taxis or rely on relatives to get me to a branch that sells them.

i have no idea what the machine @ the retail park is dishing out on meal deal if it is 25pts, 100pts, 150pts as the last time I went there Mum decided that she'd faff about using the Kodak digital printing kosk then ran out of time to help me with the bonus machine - oi have contacted botos via email about this problematic machine *as i cannot use it independtly and getting a member of staff to help is a nightmare* but to no joy. shame i miss out on so much.
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • itzmee
    itzmee Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I went back to Boots on Thursday and Friday and still got 150 points each time. In fact yesterday, the cashier remembered me and was chatting away and accidentally entered the voucher twice - so I got 300 points!! I didn't even notice until she pointed it out to me and as it was her mistake she let me keep it! Great - they paid me to have a meal deal!!
  • dawn1
    dawn1 Posts: 365 Forumite
    i have not had any meal deal point for 2 weeks
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0066
    AMAZON CHALLENGE TO SELL BOOKS !
    JAN - 20 :) FEB - 11 :)
  • i slept in yesterday so didn't manage to get the early bus to get up the retail park and not back in time to take a meal deal home to eat it. the only caff for a coffee at the retail park is starbucks and i didn't think i'd manage there myself very well tbh so just stayed in the eastgate centre and safely had a lunch in marks and sparks instead.

mum says if she comes home in time she might take me up the retail park tomorrow but i don't know if she will let me in boots or not, if she doesn't let me in botos i will be in a severe huff as i want to play the meal deal game!
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We got a 150 points voucher again, so we bought 3 meal deals!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    noott wrote:
    Our vouchers have only been worth 25 points in Hull - they've been at that rate for three months. I guess there must be regional variations?
    No, I'm sure is personal variation. I have tried different machines in different cities and got exactly the same offers. Boots track what you buy with those cards, as I found out when they sent me a letter about a recalled product that I had bought.
  • savingsgirl
    savingsgirl Posts: 8,227 Forumite
    I only get 25 points but my other half gets 150!! Maybe he looks more in need of food than me!!
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    It is definitely variation from person to person rather than regional. I get 25pts offered, OH gets 150pts. I think it's because I have had my card a lot longer, and it gets a heck of a lot more use :D . So I print off his vouchers and use them myself - no probs.
    [
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport