Options
voipcheap.co.uk another service from Finarea SA

Free UK calls simple registration no credit required

Mb

Comments

• Graham1
    Graham1 Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    It says rates are pence per minute - then says you should register and buy 1 euro worth of credit. Looks like they lifted the same text as their voipbuster.com site without changing that bit.
  • mrperfect
    mrperfect Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Its a good idea to buy 1 euro credit. If oyu dont free calls are cut off after 2 mins ;)
  • mrwibble
    mrwibble Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    mrperfect wrote:
    Its a good idea to buy 1 euro credit. If oyu dont free calls are cut off after 2 mins ;)

Been using it today - good quality on the UK landline calls I made and will try US calls soon - 0.5ppm

UK mobile is 9.75ppm which is better than 1899 (although same company !)

Anyone else tried it ? Only downside (apart from credit requirement for > 1 minutes calls) appears to be tie to their own app. - would have preferred some SIP/IAX info - not sure if they have some proprietary codecs in the app.
  • CrazyChemist_2
    CrazyChemist_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    I've downloaded this but when I click "create new user" it pops up an error box without even trying to connect to server. it says "we can not carry out your registration request due to an unknown error". It then tries to connect to the server but after around a minute returns the same error.

I emailed voipcheap to ask about this and got no reply.

Anyone had this problem or know of a remedy?
  • nibor49
    Options
    CrazyChemist

Maybe you are behind a firewall. I had the same problem and then looked at the dropped packets page for my router, it showed that packets to the destination port 11112 were being blocked. Having opened up the dp 11112 it
    worked fine.

nibor49
  • CrazyChemist_2
    Options
    I assume this is for broadband? I'm using dial-up, with Norton Internet Pro and Microsoft Antispyware. Any tips for dealing with this as I've already looked in Norton and noticed that voipcheap.exe has "permit all" next to it so that isn't the problem.
  • CrazyChemist_2
    Options
    I've downloaded this but when I click "create new user" it pops up an error box without even trying to connect to server. it says "we can not carry out your registration request due to an unknown error". It then tries to connect to the server but after around a minute returns the same error.

I'm using dial-up, with Norton Internet Pro and Microsoft Antispyware. Any tips for dealing with this as I've already looked in Norton and noticed that voipcheap.exe has "permit all" next to it so that isn't the problem.

I've had no reply from the incompetent company so any help would be welcome :beer:
  • nibor49
    Options
    Yes this is for broadband. I do not know anything about Norton Internet Pro or Microsoft Antispyware but have you tried disconnecting them to see if it works. Have you got the Microsoft Windows firewall enabled.
  • Phonix
    Phonix Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it's really the same company, what's stopping them from offering free calls to the same destinations as http://www.voipbuster.com ?
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    Phonix wrote:
    If it's really the same company, what's stopping them from offering free calls to the same destinations as http://www.voipbuster.com ?

It is indeed the same company, and there is no reason why they can't, they just don't.

Maybe worth mrwibble joining VoIPBuster as they offer free calls to the USA.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure