First Direct query

Options
1234568»

Comments

• snowcat53
    snowcat53 Posts: 602 Forumite
    Options
    Just to update - I received a cheque for the second (closure) £100 in the post today, so fair play, although I had to argue very hard for it on the phone. If you want to claim the closure 100 my advice would be
    1. be careful of the t&c (1500 pcm for 6m -12m, etc) although it does NOT have to stay there- you can move the same 1500 in and out to another account),
    2. to be safe, send a message by their web system saying you are not happy and giving some reason , and do this BEFORE you foramlly request to close the account,

If you like them by all means stick with them though and be content with the first £100!
  • knightfox
    Options
    Would it not be better to enjoy the service that FD give you. If you dont like it you could always try Santander, they are a great bank.
  • Cloudane
    Cloudane Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 September 2010 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Agreed.. all these fraudulent "dissatisfaction" claims (what's to be dissatisfied about, other than rates and charges that they tell you about before signing up) just put up the costs of services for their customers, ultimately.

Not that I'm claiming to be completely innocent myself but there's blagging the joining incentive a couple of hundred short (I'll likely be with them for many many years) and there's completely taking the P out of the system to make a profit..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure