First Direct query

Options

Comments

• Gymgenius
    Gymgenius Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Well I've made my mind up - I'm sticking with them. I've already opened 'everyday e-saver' and a 'regular saver' accounts, linked to my First account - and have started the slow transfer of all my SOs and DDs.

I am very impressed with this bank. Very.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So far I only have a favourable impression of them, very helpful on the phone. Internet banking looks good and they seem very efficient with the Transfer of DD's and Standing Orders.
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    Y/B Or Anyone what does BGC stands for?? my statements says BDC " Companys Name".
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BGC = "Bank Giro Credit"

BDC = "Bank Direct Credit" (I think?)
  • clio
    Options
    Yeah Bank Direct Credit is BDC whats a Bank Giro Credit ??
  • clio
    Options
    Was allready reading info from APACS. i understand now .
  • monstercop
    monstercop Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    david1976 wrote: »
    The lady told me that the £1500.00 per month has to come through a BACS payment from a verifiable employer.

Surely there are employees who are paid cash to this level - this precludes them if this is the case?

david1976 wrote: »
    She also stated that to get around the monthly fee all i had to do was open a savings account with them.

The T&Cs suggest that there would be a monthly charge, but this is waived by the payment of £1500 monthly.

Is the conclusion to this that you MUST get salary paid by BACS (not payment as wages as cash), and that there must be some 'normal' account activity, namely direct debits / standing orders?
  • eaustin
    eaustin Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I opened an account and my salary (>£1,500) was paid in on 20 March. I transferred most out and have put a couple of other transactions through the account. Should I expect the £100 to be credited after my third salary?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eaustin wrote: »
    I opened an account and my salary (>£1,500) was paid in on 20 March. I transferred most out and have put a couple of other transactions through the account. Should I expect the £100 to be credited after my third salary?
    The 28 days are up this coming Thursday 17th April.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure