Asda Complaint

Options

Comments

• globetraveller
    Options
    asda is actually closer to me, but I shop at tescos. I found home shopping when I was almost housebound for a few months. No complaints at all. I had weekly deliveries, and although deliveries sometimes came a bit later than should have, I got calls before telling me they were running late and asking if I still wanted them. Delivery was then free of charge. I have also phoned a couple of times re things being dated as sell by that day. These were immediately refunded and I could keep the food.
    I notice that now they do have food which is close to sell by date flagged up on the delivery note and I can return if I want.
    Asda- I got fed up with basics running out when I shopped so gave up altogether.
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There was an Asda delivery van passed me yesterday in Trent Bridge in Nottingham while I was waiting for a bus, and the driver seemed more interested in talking on his mobile phone than driving! Gives me a lot of faith in Asda deliveries...
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Hi, just a few lines to advise checking total on Asda home delivery. I was charge twice the total of my shop all the individual items were correct but the total had been scanned twice at the end..Complained to cust. service who phoned the store where order was compiled and they were to correct the error. Yes you guessed it! on checking bank acc. a few days later the double amount had been debited. again phoned spoke to a nice cust. services who called to let me know the store had agreed to refunding my monies..wasn't that nice :mad: at least they offered an apology and only an apology. Also did you know that they debit your card with the initial amount charged online then refund that and charge the final amount. Would have thought it better to verify but only charge the final total.
  • welshbookworm
    Options
    My neighbour did a home delivery shop with Asda and they managed to be 24 hours late and 'forgot' 55 items!!!!
    Needless to say I ignore all the emails I get from them and wouldn't shop with them if they were the only shop in town.
    Tesco can be late, not deliver any cigarettes (the only thing I can't send my daughter for!!!) and damage my neighbours plants but they are reasonable in comparison.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • JMCARTHY
    Options
    I would just like to say that i have sat here and read through many of the complaints (not just on this site, so please don't take offense), and most appear to be in my opinion the customer overreacting, many are in fact asda's fault, on one site i read a complaint where a customer threatened court action because their home delevery was delayed.

Anyway the whole point of my post is this, I work for asda/tesco/morrisons and i know how the managers work etc... for obvious reasons i will not be posting my name, location or job title or the store name so don't ask(yes my username is fake)

Many times i have been verbally abused and often threatened by customers over matters that are obviously out of my control, now what right does a customer have to walk up to a worker and threaten them over a matter that the worker could not resolve, and how can the worker be expected to deal with a customers problem when said customer is leaning over counters or making threatening gestures and shouting in their face not willing to even listen.

Now asda policy is to step back and take it, we are not allowed to respond and we are not allowed to defend ourselves, we just have to stand there, and on many occasions in front of other customers and be shouted at and treated like a piece of !!!! and also have to worry about having section leaders, team leaders the gsm, personnel and your own manager, not backing us up then said people pulling you into the office and putting note on your file because of the customer which could cause you to lose your job and yes this has happened to me more than once.

Not only that all worker staff and security get no back up from managers and with customers like the one above, and just to let you know we normally get 10 or 15 customers like this every hour and when you take into account that the average shift is 6 - 8 hours thats

80 - 120 customers who come in and treat you like !!!! 5 days a week 52 weeks a year, now i don't know about you but being called "A dumbass, mother!!!!ing retard who couldn't do a simple job that even a !!!!ing trained monkey could do!" 10 times an hour, 8 hours a day would kinda dampen your spirits every once in a while so if you head into an asda/tesco/morrisons and you notice a worker who seems annoyed just stop and think to yourself are they always like this or did customers do this?

the best part is, most of these "Incidents" happen because customers do not want to wait for us to go look if we have items out back or because an item has sold out, now the nearest stock depot to where i work is over 250 miles away, do the customers want us a woarker who is paid just above minimum wage often supporting children and homes with debts of our own to drive 4 hours and 250 miles just to get a pack of suger that is on offer? would that customer take 5 extra minutes out of their day to fill in a simple form at customer service if they had a good shop, or a worker walked the shop with them helping them pick out items or dropped everything they were doing to aid the customer for and hour, i think not.

Sorry to ramble but reading these complaints made me feel like customers want us workers to bow down to them and praise them as gods just for shopping at our store? yeah ok. you want good service try being nice

SAY PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

three little words that make the difference between a good shop and a bad shop, most customers can't even muster a simple thanks or ta
  • JMCARTHY
    Options
    nannyogg wrote: »
    :mad:asda customer "don't" care ! i am fizzing as i have been told that a light fitting i bought and paid an electrician to install, has burnt out approx 4 months ago cannot be replaced as i have no proof of purchase, as i bought it with loads of shopping and can't remember if i paid cash or card, and if so even which account etc, as i couldn't even prove i bought it from asda, which was removed by electrician, when got home furious with broken light fitting (burnt out wire from transformer no logical reason why as it is the bit done by asda) i saw the plate on the ceiling states asda so in my rage was a plonker and got self electrocuted trying to remove plate to prove point now spoke on a paid for call which seemed to take a while to answer at "customer service" asda house who confirmed even if i could prove it i had no proof of purchase and (along with m&s) have changed their returns poloicy, they donot believe it warrants notifying their customers of their change in policy with any large signs about this, they just believe they are better than most shops. i think i am, trying to say you may think its good value but it isn't when it breaks/doesn't work/isn't of reasonable quality, and before anger gets me electrocuted again i will have a cup of coffee!!!! frustrated and now boycotting shops which will save me a fortune!!

these shops do advise customers of policy changes, and the only reason proof of purchase is required now is, drumroll please....... "THE CUSTOMERS" baying faulty items from cheap shops (£10 lamps with missing pieces etc) then trying to fetch them back to the larger shops to get a full refund (sometimes £30 - £50) by trying to make a big fuss.
  • JMCARTHY
    Options
    LIZ137 wrote: »
    I recently went down to the asda store,my 12 year old daughter asked me to purchase the 15 roast chicken bucket, i decided to accept and let her have it. I got to the delli counter and asked for the bucket and they told me there were no wedges at the delli counter,as this was 4 pm and they had another 6 hours till they where closing i thought this was appaling,so the women said il offer you £1 off and 2 tubs of coleslaw so i accepted,she give me a smiley voucher.

After finishing my shopping I turned to the checkout and told the woman at the checkout about the voucher she said 'Yes Madam,I will sort that out at the end' Meanwhile she was yapping at the counter to her work colleg .I got in my car,checked the reciept to find she did not take the £1 so i went back in the store and finally the did it

It was 6 pm by the time i got home me and the family sat down to have out evening meal by the tabel,i cooked the wedges i had already in the freezer I then opend the '15 Roast chicken bucket' to find myself with 15 JUMBO SASAGES! i Was not very happy things got from bad to worse! So i contacted the store they told me to take them back to the store,i took photographic evidence i had all the reciepts.

I recently got of the telephone with them and they are acusing me of being a LIER after i got the reciept and evidence,and what evidence do they have agaisnt me? I am absolutely disgusted they dont even seem to care,i am now going to take this futher report it to head office and maybe take it futher if i dont find a reply i am appaled and would not reccomend the store or the product.

This is a classic complaint, had you been watching the colleg making up your bucket you could of pointed it out there and then, but no doubt you began talking with other people. ALSO IT IS CALLED A "PARTY BUCKET" and retailed for £6 the wedges you get are £1 and you get £8 worth of "Chicken" and a 80p coleslaw thats hmmmm £9.80 worth of food for £6?

Pictures can easily be faked, you could of eaten the chicken and cooked up 15 out of date sausages you had or used sausages from last nights supper or whatever and put them in the empty bucket. If i was to buy a boxed tv from you without opening the box, trusting you that the tv in the box is 32" would you accept "evidence" if i was to take a picture of a 28" tv in the box instead? what evidence do you have that there was a 32" tv in there in the first place, and how could you proove that i hadn't swapped them when i got home?
  • Pamphlet
    Options
    I have vowed never to shop online with Asda ever again. One delivery arrived minus the chilled goods. The driver mumbled something about them not being loaded onto the van and disappeared into the night vowing to return with them in a few minutes. He returned an hour later saying that no-one had even bothered to "pick" the chilled goods on my order and that he'd had to dash around the supermarket himself for the missing items.

The final straw was one evening when my order failed to arrive at all. I had received the usual confirmation e-mail but no shopping was delivered. I called their helpline who could not find any reason why it had not been delivered. They promised to call the manager of my local store and call me back. They did call me back but advised the manager was unavailable and they would try again the next day. The helpline didn't call me back the next day and i contacted them twice more before giving up and calling my local store myself. I was told that the store manager would call me back in an hour or so. Needless to say, he didn't, so i called again. Apparently, technical difficulties and lack of staff had caused several orders to be cancelled and that all customers affected by this had been telephoned. I hadn't been telephoned. Instead it had taken 24 hours and several phone calls to find out why i had no shopping. Apparently management had been in meetings all day planning for the week ahead. I suggested that they should have been fielding calls from disgruntled customers instead of hiding away in meetings, and that they might not have a business to plan for if they carried on like this. I got an apology and a £15 gesture of goodwill. The manager said all i could do was to re-submit my order. I did. With Tescos.
  • taxiphil
    taxiphil Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    JMCARTHY wrote: »
    being called "A dumbass, mother!!!!ing retard who couldn't do a simple job that even a !!!!ing trained monkey could do!" 10 times an hour, 8 hours a day

Do you honestly get those words thrown at you 80 times a day or are you exaggerating?

In all seriousness, I really don't think you're suited to a customer-facing role in a supermarket.
  • rae73
    rae73 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    adr0ck wrote: »
    i would send a letter to head office

Customer Services,
    ASDA House,
    Southbank,
    Great Wilson Street,
    Leeds,
    LS11 5AD

and also copy the same letter and email it to head office

if you send them both at the same time, you may get two different responses both with a couple of pounds voucher cards enclosed

(worked for us)

I must say i usually find it best to make my complaint as entertaining as possible (give the customer services people a laugh) i think they must see enough complaint letters if you see what i mean

Thanks for this I need to contact them with a complaint so will do this. For the 2nd weekend in a fortnight Asda have called me last night after I have waited in for delivery (AFTER the shops are closed!) to say delivery isnt coming. They didnt even call me back this morning as promised to say when it could come. Me & kids have been ill all week so really needed them to come. Total nightmare. Once is bad enough, but to not turn up twice is disgusting...thats the end of asda shopping for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure