Asda Complaint

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ASDA are pretty hopeless, both in shop and home deliveries. They can be cheaper, but they are a pain to deal with.

Perhaps better to try Sainsburys or Tesco, as I have used both and never had any problems with deliveries..

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • Winnie2007
    Options
    I've had a similar problem with Asda home delivery. Below is a copy of my email to Asda customer services, I haven't yet received a reply. I think their customer service ranks among the worst I have experienced for the amount of time you have to wait for your call to be answered.

"On Friday 27 February I was waiting for a delivery due between 17.00 and 19.00. For some reason I didn't receive an email from you giving me details of which hour it would be delivered. However, 19.00 came and went and no sign of my order, nor a phone call to say why it was late. At about 19.15 I rang the 0800 952 6060 number (and was on hold for over 10 minutes) to find out what had happened and when my order was likely to be delivered. The young man I spoke to said my order 'would probably be delivered within half an hour'. I asked if he could be sure of that but he said no, as he wasn't privvy to that information. I asked him where he was and he told me South Africa! I then asked him if he could contact the store to find out, he said he would try. I also asked for a refund on my delivery costs as my shopping had not been delivered on time, which he said he would do.

In the end I rang the store myself at about 19.30 (again holding on for over 10 minutes before I spoke to anyone) and asked the lady who finally answered on the customer service desk to put me through to Home Shopping - which she did, or rather someone that could help me. The young man ran from one side of the store to the other to see what had happened to my shopping and said that the driver had left 20 minutes ago and that I was third on his list. Since my shopping should have been delivered by 19.00 I was a bit put out to hear that it hadn't even left the store on time. However he said that the two deliveries in front of mine were only small so the driver wouldn't be long getting to me. I said I thought it unlikely that he would get to me by 20.00 and he said that he was sure it would be before that. In the event the driver arrived just after 20.10.

As you can imagine, because the driver was late and trying to pick up time, everything was very rushed. I managed to get time to check the two subsistutes, which I agreed were ok but didn't get time to check the rest of my shopping, because it was quite a considerable amount. When I finally managed to check I discovered that 13 items of my shopping were missing, I'd guess it was one whole container. I quickly tried to call the store as I thought they would be able to contact the driver and get him to bring the missing shopping to me. Unfortunately the lady I spoke to, Lynn I think she said her name was, said that it was unlikely that there would still be anyone in Home Shopping at that late time of the day (I thought you were a 24 hour store?). She tried to put me through but unfortunately cut me off instead, I tried again but after 15 minutes holding on again I was disconnected, I tried again and again but the same thing happened - obviously no one wanted to speak to me.

I then tried South Africa again (the 0800 number), holding on for another 10-20 minutes. I got through to a lady called Ria. I explained that I was really having trouble keeping my temper, although I hadn't lost it, and she put me on hold, then disconnected! Now I really was getting annoyed, but hadn't lost me temper. I rang again and spoke to a young man called Ghalib. He said he could either arrange a refund or get the items delivered to me tomorrow. I asked what time but he couldn't tell me and I wasn't prepared to stay in any longer for shopping from Asda so I asked him for a refund, which he processed. I also asked for some form of compensation for all the trouble I had been put through, he said it wasn't possible. I then asked if I could speak to his supervisor as during all of this I hadn't been given an explanation firstly for the delay and also for the amount of time I had to be on hold before speaking to someone. He said it wasn't possible for me to speak to a supervisor nor for any form of compensation - it wasn't Asda policy! I asked more than once to speak to his supervisor but to no avail. I was left feeling quite dissatisfied with the service I had received.

I also had problems with an order back on 28 November, the driver was again in a hurry, but I did manage to quickly check my shopping and there were some items obviously missing, eg five 2 litre bottles of milk and a large leg of lamb. I asked the driver to check for these items but he said that the receipt that I had in my hand was not a receipt for items purchased and checked out but a copy of my order. I disagreed with him and he agreed to check for the milk and leg of lamb, but continued to argue that my receipt was not actually a receipt for items purchased but confirmation of items ordered. He kept telling me I didn't understand how the paperwork worked! He found the milk but still said the lamb was not on the van - I couldn't prove it but since I'd had to chase the milk I felt sure the meat was there too. I was refunded for several items but again this shows that either mistakes are made by the driver or the picker.

Having been a regular customer of Asda I feel I have been very shabbily treated. I work full time and have my shopping delivered because my spare time is precious and I don't want to spend it shopping. I also have severe arthritis so actually walking around the store is very painful.

If you check back through my records you will find that these are not isolated incidents, I feel very disinclined to use Asda home shopping again and will probably move to one of the other stores in the hope that they will be more reliable than Asda."

Very frustrated with their service, trouble is they are the cheapest but I've had enough and won't be using them again.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 September 2015 at 9:29PM
    Options
    I just wondered if anyone has had success in contacting the CEO via the phone number and email address below?

0113 243 5435
    andy.clarke@asda.co.uk

I waited in all yesterday evening for my order to be delivered and eventually phoned customer services. Was on hold for ages and eventually spoke to an Indian lady whose English was not very good, but she managed to convey that the order had been "rejected" (whatever that may mean) because there was nobody in when the driver came - an absolute lie.

I assured her that both my husband and myself had been at home the entire evening and nobody had come to our door. We have a very noisy dog who lets us know when anyone is about, plus a very loud doorbell.

Anyway eventually she rescheduled the same order for delivery this evening and said I could have free delivery the inconvenience caused. I told her that I had a free delivery pass so that was really irrelevant..

Tonight the order did arrive - one of the bottles of ale had leaked so a lot of the shopping reeked of ale, the substitutions were totally useless (e.g. ordinary toothpaste sent instead of sensitive) and the wine box was £3 more than when I ordered it (even though when I checked the website after delivery it was still the same price I had originally ordered it at). To top it all, I was charged for delivery.

I cannot face being on hold again trying to speak to their customer service centre in South Africa, it is just all too stressful. I will try to get my delivery cost refunded, but really just want to be able to be able to speak to someone and ask why they are so totally crap and care so little about their customers:mad:
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    South Africa or India. They might look the same shape on a map but they're different countries., doesn't usually matter to the prejudiced though.

And what's 'wreaked'?
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 September 2015 at 9:33PM
    Options
    tykesi wrote: »
    South Africa or India. They might look the same shape on a map but they're different countries., doesn't usually matter to the prejudiced though.

And what's 'wreaked'?

Definitely in South Africa, but definitely an Indian lady, so how is that prejudiced? I think my post is very polite actually. English companies should ensure that their call centre staff have a good knowledge of spoken English.

Have corrected my spelling mistake, thank you for pointing it out, much obliged.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• I've found this thread and been reading with interest - I was beginning to think Asda Wolstanton (Staffs) had a personal grudge against me, but sadly it appears I'm not the only one receiving service which just isn't good enough!

Sad to see that e mailing Andy Clarke seems to do no good - I yet again have received none of the frozen items I ordered, I have called the store who promised to call me back - didn't - so I have called again - promised to call me back - still no call!

When my delivery pass expires on 1st Oct I won't be using Asda again, but that doesn't solve my issue this morning of YET AGAIN not having any of the frozen food I ordered.:mad:
    Thanks to all posters for your never ending help and support
    :beer:
  • Chrisl585
    Options
    I recently tried to purchase an Xbox360 game for my 11 year old daughter. At the checkout, the cashier asked her supervisor to get the disc for her. The reply was 'It says clearly on the shelf that it's out of stock !'. I must add that it did not and indeed was not out of stock. When I questioned this, the supervisor just shrugged her shoulders.
    I just left and actually purchased the game from Tesco and it was actually cheaper.
    I emailed a complaint to Asda customer services several times and received no reply. I then emaild Andy Clarke, their CEO.
    I received an applalling reply from 'his dedicated team', advising me that they had notified the store but basically giving me the impression that they believed my complaint was insignificant.
    I have been a loysl customer for many years and spent on average £80 per week in store. When I told them this, it made no difference.
    I emailed the CEO again and received a reply from the same person who seemed to take great delight in informing me that all correspondence to the CEO went to and would be replied to, if he thought appropriate by him.
    I have not received so much as an apology for the appalling in-store service, but this comes as no surprise considering the tone of the replies I have received from 'higher' levels.
    When I told them that I would take my custom elsewhere, I received the response 'Sorry that you're not shopping with us anymore'.
    Is it any wonder that in-store service is so bad ?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chrisl585 wrote: »
    I recently tried to purchase an Xbox360 game for my 11 year old daughter. At the checkout, the cashier asked her supervisor to get the disc for her. The reply was 'It says clearly on the shelf that it's out of stock !'. I must add that it did not and indeed was not out of stock. When I questioned this, the supervisor just shrugged her shoulders.
    I just left and actually purchased the game from Tesco and it was actually cheaper.
    I emailed a complaint to Asda customer services several times and received no reply. I then emaild Andy Clarke, their CEO.
    I received an applalling reply from 'his dedicated team', advising me that they had notified the store but basically giving me the impression that they believed my complaint was insignificant.
    I have been a loysl customer for many years and spent on average £80 per week in store. When I told them this, it made no difference.
    I emailed the CEO again and received a reply from the same person who seemed to take great delight in informing me that all correspondence to the CEO went to and would be replied to, if he thought appropriate by him.
    I have not received so much as an apology for the appalling in-store service, but this comes as no surprise considering the tone of the replies I have received from 'higher' levels.
    When I told them that I would take my custom elsewhere, I received the response 'Sorry that you're not shopping with us anymore'.

Yes the service you received in store was bad but its not the same for all the other stores. If it were me I wouldn't have bothered sending the first complaint.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisl585 wrote: »

Sorry for the appalling in store service.

Better? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport