Asda Complaint

Options

Comments

• tighesmommy
    Options
    Hey, im on a big big big rant! So watch out :P

Yesterday i arranged for a big order to be delivered from asda between 8pm and 10pm - i arranged a charity event for a group of ladies from the church committee the aim was to donate as much money as we could to another lady in the church committee who had been diagnosed with cervical cancer and had just found out that it was discovered too late and it had spread.
    Anyway, ASDA failed to show up!! there were about 10 of us waiting in the front room (the front door is also in that room so theres no way on this earth that we could have missed it) from 7pm til just before 12am. I called up this morning to be told that the ASDA store who were meant to be delivering said that they had attempted to deliver but no one was at home, the lady was rude and spoke to me as if i was a child, she refused to even listen to what i was saying! i was disgusted. It was my first time ordering groceries online and seeing ASDA as a huge huge company i thought it would come :( They didnt even call me or anything, i assumed that the drivers were lazy because it was the last delivery slot of the day and they just couldnt be bothered. Anyhow this meant that the charity event i organised had to be postponed until friday but obviously its been a big pain for us who have organised it phoning up everybody and so on.. Its also really sad because this means we have less time to raise money for her. And i know its only 3 days difference but when youre suffering from a terminal illness such as cancer every second counts..
    Weve all boycotted ASDA at the church anyway, im not asking anyone here to do the same cause obviously i have no right to. Im just asking that if anyone has experienced any bad customer service no matter how insignificant you may feel it is to report the matter to bbc watchdog for me, you can do so if you search for watchdog on bbc then click on 'got a store'.
    I just hope that watchdog investigate further into ASDAs lack of cutomer services cause its appauling that they pride thereselves on excellent customer service when to be honest you cant even call it that at times!
    Thanks for your time :) and thanks if you do support us and complain to watchdog.
  • Lanzort555
    Options
    I loved the idea at first, shopping delivered (at a cost of course, nothing is for free) but the convenience of it all well worth it, or so I thought. Items ordered that weren't availalbe were not substituted - and I had a hot date that night, so no fizz, just a walk to another supermarket 20 minutes away to try and repair the damage, to my credibility and my feet. I was thrown several bags into the hall by the Asda driver, asked to sign and then the driver was off faster than my money into Asda's already massive bank account. Unfortunatley I had signed for a shortfall in food, not serious but enough to ruin my easter as I had to trawl around Tesco, which did stock what I wanted albeit my arms and purse were the worse for wear. Never recieved a reply but still charged.......... On line shopping is a gimmick.:mad:
  • matt4581
    Options
    The worst ASDA online shopping experience to date? Quite Possibly!!

I recently ordered an online grcery delivery which was due to arrive between 1700 and 1900. At 2000 that day i contacted ASDA to ask about the whereabouts of the delivery. I was told they would chase it up and call me back immediately. An hour and a half later, i rang them back because i still hadn't heard from them. They told me they didnt know why it was late and i was again told they would find out call me back (again).

At just before 2200 i was told the van had allegedly broken down. I was told i could have it delivered the following day. Which to be fair it was. I was not however compensated in any way for the lack of delivery, the failure to meet my allocated delivery slot and the cost to have my shopping delivered.

Just over a week later, i try to pay a gas bill over the phone, only to have my payment declined due to lack of funds. I quickly checked my bank account online to find that ASDA, had not charged me £90.28 for my shopping. They had however charged me £9028!!!!

After spending nearly all day on the phone to ASDA, i still find myself very disappointed with the response. I will have my £9028 refunded (thanks ASDA) but this will take 10 days. In which time my bank will charge me for being heavily overdrawn. I have no cash to pay for anything. Numerous payments will be missed thus incurring bank charges and late payment charges. The knock on of this will be poor credit history. I asked to be compensated and they said they need proof of any loss which i may incur before they do anything for me!!

I am now seriously considering legal action against ASDA because of this huge inconvenience!!

Will i shop with them again? I think not
  • LIZ137
    LIZ137 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I recently went down to the asda store,my 12 year old daughter asked me to purchase the 15 roast chicken bucket, i decided to accept and let her have it. I got to the delli counter and asked for the bucket and they told me there were no wedges at the delli counter,as this was 4 pm and they had another 6 hours till they where closing i thought this was appaling,so the women said il offer you £1 off and 2 tubs of coleslaw so i accepted,she give me a smiley voucher.

After finishing my shopping I turned to the checkout and told the woman at the checkout about the voucher she said 'Yes Madam,I will sort that out at the end' Meanwhile she was yapping at the counter to her work colleg .I got in my car,checked the reciept to find she did not take the £1 so i went back in the store and finally the did it

It was 6 pm by the time i got home me and the family sat down to have out evening meal by the tabel,i cooked the wedges i had already in the freezer I then opend the '15 Roast chicken bucket' to find myself with 15 JUMBO SASAGES! i Was not very happy things got from bad to worse! So i contacted the store they told me to take them back to the store,i took photographic evidence i had all the reciepts.

I recently got of the telephone with them and they are acusing me of being a LIER after i got the reciept and evidence,and what evidence do they have agaisnt me? I am absolutely disgusted they dont even seem to care,i am now going to take this futher report it to head office and maybe take it futher if i dont find a reply i am appaled and would not reccomend the store or the product.
  • fluffylove
    fluffylove Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Funny coincidence - I'm discovering how atrocious their customer service is now, I should have read more here before I placed the order!

They managed not to send my entire grocery order through and get the bill wrong! I complained and 30 hours later they randomly turn up with the other half of the groceries, but all the frozen stuff is ruined!

Also, the drivers wanted me to come and collect the groceries off them and leave my 9 month old at home alone. I've been promised twice over the phone that a manager will call me back, but have heard nothing. Not sure if I should just write off the £10 worth of stuff they've screwed up on.
  • samtrad11
    Options
    Asda Small Heath is possibly the worst in store customer service you can get. Just too many to list.
  • flumpbunnies
    Options
    I ordered my shopping on online from ASDA and had delivery, some of the goods were not available so instead of charging me £144 they charged me £127.
    I checked my bank to check the correct amount had been taken only to find i was over my overdraft limit! I rang my bank they told me ASDA had a payment pending of the £144, my bank advised me to call asda as they needed to cancel the pending action with their bank.
    Spoke to a manager at ASDA customer service he said ASDA have taken the monies required and it was up to my bank to cancel the action.
    My bank say no, ASDA say no. I am told this action pending can take between 3- 10!!!!!! working days to cancel. Meanwhile i cannot pay my bills and have received emails saying there is a problem with my card when there clearly is not!!
    I dont know what to do, it is someones responsibility and neither are budging, this is causing me serious problems!:mad::cry:
  • pocketpete
    Options
    Following a loss of £ 25 regarding a failed home delivery and many months of frustration I decided to take them to the small claims court.

Strange once they had been served papers they paid up instantly and paid my costs and £50 compo.

A bit extreme but go for it they really are usless and keep extensive records of everyone you speak to or write to.
  • AWB
    Options
    I placed an order on Thurday for delivery on Friday before 9pm. Delivery arrived, driver left - shame he hadn't left the frozen items. Rang right away, but they couldn't get in touch with the driver to return. Delivery promised for Saturday by 11am. No delivery. Rang store they said by 1pm, no delivery. They rang my mobile in the afternoon to say they'd delivery at 8pm - no delivery. Rang store and the very nice gentleman who answered said he's pass on the details again, fair play he did - I had a call from Asda this morning to say they'd delivery between 2pm and 3pm (as I was going out all day) - got back for 2pm, waiting until 3.30pm - no delivery. Rang store, driver rang me - she was going to delivery at 4.30! Told her not to bother.

What a total farce - I won't be shopping at Asda EVER again.
  • foxcub_2
    Options
    Ordered clothes with free delivery on 310810, money taken from account soon after. No confirmation e-mail received.
    Two weeks later, no delivery.
    1st call to customer services, apologetic, advised delivery in next few days.
    Few days later...no delivery (surprise!)
    2nd call to customer services, apologetic, advised delivery soon, £5 voucher sent by way of apology.
    Voucher arrived...
    Half the order arrived with statement showing I'd been charged P&P.
    3rd call to customer services, apologetic, advised money would be refunded to card for missing items, offer of P&P e-voucher, politely refused e voucher, as will not be using asda on line again.
    Checked bank account, money has not been refunded in total....
    4th call to customer services, apologetic, advised £10 voucher would be sent by way of refund/compensation, and today I finally received an e-mail from them:-
    Dear customer, Last week we contacted you about your recent George order that we were not able to fulfil. As a gesture of goodwill, with this email we are sending you a free delivery evoucher for George clothing;MAMY-2BQZ-C2O7-9NQW.

To take advantage of the free delivery, all you have to do is log on to your account on ASDA Direct and add George clothing items to the minimum value of £7.50 to your basket. Once you are ready to checkout, enter the code MAMY-2BQZ-C2O7-9NQW into the 'evoucher' field on the checkout page. This will automatically deduct the delivery charge.

This code is unique to you and is valid up until and including the 20th of October 2010, so you don't have to use it right away.

If you have any queries, please contact our ASDA Direct Service Team on 0844 824 3000.

Yours Sincerely,

asda.com
    spacer.gifheader_divide.gifspacer.gif [SIZE=-2]always_happy_to_help.gif[/SIZE]
    I despair....
    Do I cut my losses or bother to be infuriated by them and ring them?
    :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport