PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• nursemaggie
    Options
    I have just had to pull out a cardigan. I knitted it two years ago. The pattern I used just came out far too big I had to wrap it around me. I have been putting off frogging and reknitting it. I have also lost a bit of weight since and quite a few inches.

I went to the chemist yesterday so I had to go the long way round to Mr M. Thought I would call in at the hospice shop. I had a look at their needles. Managed to get, 4 pairs nice and straight, in the most commonly used sizes, 2 sets of DPNs in 4mm and 3 3/4mm, all for more or less the price of one pair new, £2.40.

They put them in a tall vase in the window when they have them so next time I need some needles I think I will go there. They occasionally have wool I can use for charity knitting too.

I have found a knit and natter group locally too.
  • plumduff55
    Options
    Hi, I'm just posting pics of the fingerless gloves I knitted for the Christmas thread challenge. These are adult size and I want to knit them for my 3 year old granddaughter. I thought of knitting them on smaller needles with a shorter rib and possibly more rounded snowman ⛄️⛄️⛄️. I love making Christmas stuff xx

14b69fd.jpg
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    That's lovely Plumduff mind if I copy them onto my mittens. They will be full mittens.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Your mittens ae lovely plumduff. I must get back into knitting I've been busy doing decorating just got the landing to gloss then I can get the wool out again.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • plumduff55
    Options
    Hi everyone, NurseMaggie you'll need to post a pic when you've finished the mittens. I found a pattern today ( in one of my folders) for kids mittens, so I'm just going to knit dgd mittens instead of fingerless gloves.

Mrsmoneypenny - good luck with the decorating, I want to do my kitchen sometime before Xmas.

I searched my wool stash today for my next project as I couldn't decide what to do next - most unlike me as I've usually got a list the length of my arm. Anyway I took out 6 balls of Aran weight wool that is a mohair and acrylic mix. I should get 2-3 scarves out of it and I will put them by for Xmas presents.

Happy knitting xx
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Plumduff I don't actually have a camera or a mobile phone. It all depends on how long it takes to persuade my DS to take a photo and post it for me.

Lets just say I bought some curtains for my bedroom in March. Being very short I can't even reach to put them up from a step ladder. I have asked hundreds of times but am still waiting for them to be put up.
  • plumduff55
    plumduff55 Posts: 875 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    NurseMaggie - I've got a son just like that. I've been waiting ages for him to paint my kitchen ceiling and I can then do the walls. I have said I WANT it done before Xmas, he's my only child who lives close so he draws the short straw xx

I went to Hobbycraft yesterday to buy red wool to make the snowman mitts. It cost £3 so I did not buy it. I then went to pound land who had it but it was an awful orangie red so I did not buy it. Hobbycraft have buy 3 and pay for 2 and have just realised I did not need to buy 3 red but could mix and match. What a numpty !!! Any Scottish person will know what I mean xx
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 October 2016 at 10:43PM
    Options
    plumduff mine still lives with me. I never see my eldest DS and my DD lives in Malta.

Do you have an age concern near you? Some of them sell yarn, It's about £1.25 a ball for 100g.

I got some red yarn in Oxfam a few months ago. It only cost me £1 a ball and it's made in England!

I know what a numpty is there are lots of Scots on these threads.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    I've finished all my WIPs (wearing my latest pair of socks now).

Finally spent the time today (12 hours?!) organising my yarn stash - two big plastic bins of loads of things, plus a few other bits. May have to make a resolution for 2017 not to buy any yarn. :o
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on finishing all your wips hiddenshadow
    I actually got my needles out over the weekend and rattled off a few instant smoothie hats, so a couple of little balls of oddments wool gone from the stash.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback