Warning - SKY £75 Pay Once Watch Forever problems

Options

Comments

• littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i emailed to get a new card and arrived after about 2 weeks - received my new sky card today but it doesn't work and keeps saying refer to your broadcaster so i have sent another email :rolleyes:
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • Amythest
    Options
    I had a phone call from Sky this morning to tell me that my new card will be posted between now and January. Any suggestions on how I can get it sooner rather than later would be appreciated. At one stage I was told I was a 'priority' customer(whatever that means?!). The prospect of having the blue and yellow sign across my television screen during the Christmas period isn't exactly filling me with festive cheer. :(
  • The_One_2
    Options
    Doesn't this thread just go to prove how SHOCKINGLY bad Sky has handled this whole situation !!!

This whole experience has just made me avoid Sky all together in the future, is Sky really worth it? NO
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I think I was lucky, I had the white card with my box so didn't have to chase them.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    had an email from sky today - however my new card that they have already posted doesn't work - have emailed them again but thought i would post this incase it helps anyone:rolleyes:

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre about a replacement Pay Once Watch Forever, I have left a message on your answer machine which includes the following info shortened. S
    ome of our POWF customers have been confused by onscreen messages asking them to contact us to obtain a new viewing card.

This message was sent because of a mistake on our part. We’re pleased to confirm that customers who took up our Pay Once Watch Forever product will automatically receive a new viewing card free of charge, even if they’ve since cancelled their Sky TV subscription.

We have already sent out new cards to many of our Pay Once Watch Forever customers and will complete the mailing in the next few weeks. There is no need to contact us or to visit our website to check eligibility.

Please be reassured there should be no disruption to your viewing(apart from the message advising to press back up) as we’re not planning to phase out the old viewing cards until the New Year.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our Technical team on 08442 411 411, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • Amythest
    Options
    I think I'm going to buy a Freesat box. Anyone who thinks that pressing the back up button all night is not disruptive to viewing should try it!!
  • NonGeographicalMan
    Options
    Amythest wrote: »
    I think I'm going to buy a Freesat box. Anyone who thinks that pressing the back up button all night is not disruptive to viewing should try it!!

But then you have to change between Freesat and Eurosat box mode if you want to watch Sky News or one of the other various free satellite channels broadcast from 28 degrees East that are not in the Freesat EPG and I think that's only even possible at all on the more expensive Humax Freesat boxes.

Annoying and extremely devious though Sky are currently being I suspect its better to persist till you get a new viewing card free of charge from them as this hassle should then not recur for at least another five years.
  • The_One_2
    Options
    Finally i have received my new card and its working.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread in particular NonGeographicalMan :D

I'm pretty sure i'll NEVER become a Sky customer........

...........THE END !
  • Amythest
    Options
    Thanks for that advice NonGeographicalMan. I'll try and be patient and hope the new card arrives soon:)
  • NonGeographicalMan
    Options
    Amythest wrote: »
    Thanks for that advice NonGeographicalMan. I'll try and be patient and hope the new card arrives soon:)

I don't think my mum has had hers either yet.

I would send another chase up email to jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com in view of other people in this thread now having received their new Sky Pay Once Watch Forever viewing cards and the inconvenience you are suffering due to not having yet been sent one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure