CHEAPER STILL!!! Calls to mobiles just 4p a minute.

Options

Comments

• rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    howie wrote:
    Using the new number i saw here 0844 4284646 i dialled from my BT phone & dialled https://www.simply-fone.com 's number 07744 974 363 and then called India & India mobiles. ONLY COST ME 4p per minute!!

this must work also to Pakistan & any other place that s-f go to via 07744 ( & which is normally dearer than 4p)

amazing!! but dont anyone start telling 0844....4646 o'wise they'l prob bar it or something

TAKE ADVANTAGE WHILE U CAN GUYS!!

Subh Labh

tried to phone pakistan via bt landline using above no.s.
    however after dialling s f no. i got message 'this call will now be disconnected'.
    the call was never connected.
    any ideas where i went wrong?
    Nice to save.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    tried to phone pakistan via bt landline using above no.s.
    however after dialling s f no. i got message 'this call will now be disconnected'.
    the call was never connected.
    any ideas where i went wrong?

Have they barred it already?
    PF.
  • howie_2
    howie_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Have they barred it already?

No not barred.
    Still works brilliantly ie 4p calls to India, Pakistan and lots of orther countries BUT if u look at their website https://www.simply-fone.com you'll see that Pakistan can only be called M-Friday @ peaktimes!!

g'luck
  • volks400
    volks400 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Yes if you are on CPS to Talk Talk just use the BT 1280 overide facility to dial it.

pricefighter: you have lost me, so im on cps with talktalk. now if i want to go to bt i dial 1280 and then the dialwise numbers. now if i want to go back to talktalk, how do i do that cause i have to call canada everyday as its free for a year(who would not call)lol.

cheers
  • t_i_g_e_rr
    t_i_g_e_rr Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    1280 will only override the call that follows it. (Exactly the same as 1899 I suppose). Anyway, this telephone number to India will be huge:
    1280 0844 4284646 07744 974 363 [and then your number]. Wow. You should get your call free for putting that many numbers in!
  • pricefighter
    Options
    t_i_g_e_rr wrote:
    1280 will only override the call that follows it. (Exactly the same as 1899 I suppose). Anyway, this telephone number to India will be huge:
    1280 0844 4284646 07744 974 363 [and then your number]. Wow. You should get your call free for putting that many numbers in!

Volks original question was did Dialwise work on Talk Talk, and i suggested he used the 1280 overide,i didnt tell him to dial an 07744 no as well!!! and he didnt say where he might be ringing!!! He of course could just dial the 0844 no direct,but i wasnt sure how much Talk Talk charge thats why i suggested 1280 as i knew BT was the cheapest provider.

Volks as T_I_G_E_R has pointed the 1280 overide number only works one call at at a time,so it want effect your free calls to Canada.
    PF.
  • t_i_g_e_rr
    t_i_g_e_rr Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to. I just think this must be a record telephone number. By typing in up to 40 numbers you can call oversees mobiles (for example) for just 4ppm! Credit to the people who worked it out!
  • spook
    spook Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    I've just checked the TalkTalk price list and they charge 4p/min to call all numbers beginning 0844428, so there's no need to dial 1280 first.

Incidentally, to check how much they charge for an obscure number like this, you have to first go to the relevant section of the BT price list, and look up the charge rate code (which in this case is 'g11'), and then look it up on TalkTalk's PDF price list.

So far, I've found that these 0844-type numbers are always charged at the same rate by BT, OneTel and TalkTalk, so it might be a universal thing.

Hope this helps someone!

Spook
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    The people I called using the 4p/min line to mobiles, have all commented on how echoy the call was.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • pricefighter
    Options
    BexTech wrote:
    The people I called using the 4p/min line to mobiles, have all commented on how echoy the call was.

Yes i have been told the same.
    PF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills