🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

CHEAPER STILL!!! Calls to mobiles just 4p a minute.

Options

Comments

• Lendusapund
    Lendusapund Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Just me being daft but do you need to register with this co. first like 1899? and does it work for mobiles?
    Thanks
    RichT
    RichT
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Just me being daft but do you need to register with this co. first like 1899? and does it work for mobiles?
    Thanks
    RichT

No you dont need to register.

Yes it will work from mobiles.But the charges to call it want be 4p a minute.unless its included in your inclusive minutes

If you care to let me know the network you want to use it from ,and whether you are on contract or payg, i might be able to assist you further.
    PF.
  • Lendusapund
    Lendusapund Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that - extremely helpful as always.

Ill stick to using it for landline to mobiles as I dont really make many cross-network calls from mobile.
    RichT
    RichT
  • mm66
    mm66 Posts: 550 Forumite
    Options
    No you dont need to register.

Yes it will work from mobiles.But the charges to call it want be 4p a minute.unless its included in your inclusive minutes

If you care to let me know the network you want to use it from ,and whether you are on contract or payg, i might be able to assist you further.

How much does three charge for 0844 calls?
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mm66 wrote:
    0844 calls are not in included minutes, and given that most 3 contracts have plenty of inclusive minutes for mobiles, I'd think this usage is unlikely to arise (unless you're on 3pay?)
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    mm66 wrote:

Are you on PAYG or contract.
    PF.
  • mm66
    mm66 Posts: 550 Forumite
    Options
    I am on three contract but i cannot use the simply fone mobile to call international as 3 charges for that too so a great solution for the land lines to use 0844 for calling the 077 mobile and then calling international. thx for this.... now only if i could find a way to make international calls from the mobile using the 1000 or so inclusive minutes a month that i have!!
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    Nicholas wrote:
    Well done, Kev. However I notice that Orchid have only included the number without any### pause keys.
    Orchid have just emailed me and apologised and informed me that it now has 4 pause keys on it - making it, "08444284646#### - Dialwise".
  • howie_2
    howie_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Using the new number i saw here 0844 4284646 i dialled from my BT phone & dialled https://www.simply-fone.com 's number 07744 974 363 and then called India & India mobiles. ONLY COST ME 4p per minute!!

this must work also to Pakistan & any other place that s-f go to via 07744 ( & which is normally dearer than 4p)

amazing!! but dont anyone start telling 0844....4646 o'wise they'l prob bar it or something

TAKE ADVANTAGE WHILE U CAN GUYS!!

Subh Labh
  • wizz
    wizz Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    WOW!!
    just did it to India and it bloody well worked

& the connection [which on some companies is terrivle woz brilliant too.

Howie-i'm in love with you.

Fantastic post! well done howie!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills